2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

that may have a lot to do with the fact that belichick really takes this preseason thing seriously in the sense that he uses it as a testing ground for trying new things as opposed to a game theyre trying to win

+ brady probably does the same, trying to see how his receivers will react to coverages and etc. The Pats actually run a pretty complicated offense too.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARGH. We lost ANOTHER kicker?! Are you SERIOUS? Are kickers that sign with us cursed now or something?!

If Hartley doesn't come back soon, we'll be stuck signing some scrub! -_-

Yeah, Hartley injured his hamstring. And being without a kicker actually hurt us today because the offense was forced to try a freaking 4th and 17 because there was nobody to kick a field goal. All we can do now if we have to sign a scrub like I said is adamantly avoid having to kick field goals at all. Which means TDs and 2-point conversions. At least our offense, even with Michael Vick throwing the ball, has proved that they're capable of those 2-point conversions.

Even so though, our kicker situation is getting so bad... Also, kickers actually rarely get hurt. I wonder if the Steelers are the first team in like ever to have two injured kickers and before the main season even starts...

Michael Vick though, damn! He's awesome! He was playing like he'd been a Steeler for years! His first pass as a Steeler was a whopping 62-yarder to Martavis Bryant. Bryant had a big day overall, actually. Making it feel like we're really going to miss him during the first four games of the season...

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder how quickly the Steelers will be down to their third string quarterback

probably about as quickly as Steve Smith's first game where he gets ejected. Did anyone hear about the personal foul called on like 8 players including ejections of Chris Culliver and Steve Smith?

I just saw that, actually. I honestly laughed at the whole thing. These just about always crack me up though, even when Steelers and Panthers are involved. lol

Big Ben has been good at staying healthy lately though, so I don't think he'll go down anytime soon. There is always a chance of course (I mean, what are the odds that a team loses two kickers in just one preseason?), but it's a pretty small one.

Our kicker problems are the priority right now, I hope.

Randall Cobb, Micah Hyde, and Bryan Bulaga all went down with injuries. WHAT DID WE DO TO ANGER THE FOOTBALL INJURY GODS?!?!!

EDIT: Looks like among the concerns for Cobb is NOT a broken collarbone, so that's a relief

Edited by Bullwine85

ARGH. We lost ANOTHER kicker?! Are you SERIOUS? Are kickers that sign with us cursed now or something?!

If Hartley doesn't come back soon, we'll be stuck signing some scrub! -_-

THAT'S OK YOU COULD USE THE KICKER WE'LL PLACE ON THE STREET.

or better yet we give Josh Lambo the kickoff rights and cut Donald Brown.

Randall Cobb, Micah Hyde, and Bryan Bulaga all went down with injuries. WHAT DID WE DO TO ANGER THE FOOTBALL INJURY GODS?!?!!

EDIT: Looks like among the concerns for Cobb is NOT a broken collarbone, so that's a relief

Double post whoops.

This sounds like the Chargers last year except in the regular season....

Wish you best of luck that you don't go through 5 Centers, and get to your 4th string RB.

Packers are like my NFC side chick team.

Not all of them (I mean, there's still AB, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, etc.), but yeah, that does seem like the pattern right now... Please don't take AB!

Oh yeah, Gronk. Forgot about him. :P

And going back to that Ravens/Redskins chaos, I forgot to mention that that hit on the Ravens receiver was just disgusting and should've gotten Robinson ejected too. At least, he should get a fine and suspension . That hit could've broken the dude's neck and killed him.

My point was that the Packers have a retarded amount of depth every year. In 2010 they had Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb as backups. If that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.

My point was that the Packers have a retarded amount of depth every year. In 2010 they had Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb as backups. If that's not ridiculous I don't know what is.

We had about 17 players on IR over the course of that season IIRC. It's amazing how we still won the Super Bowl that year even despite that.

Then everyone got healthy and we went 15-1 the following year. Problem is, our defense suffered from being non-existant and our team relied on playing Martyball that year. And boy did it show in the playoffs.

I was mainly responding to the "What have we done to make the injury gods of football angry"

Your team relied on playing Martyball? I always thought Martyball was running down your opponent's throat and going deep. As far as I knew, Rodgers' MVP season - that ridiculous 46 TD/6 int season or whatever the fuck it was - was far from Martyball. If anything it was Martzball because you guys threw all the time.

I was mainly responding to the "What have we done to make the injury gods of football angry"Your team relied on playing Martyball? I always thought Martyball was running down your opponent's throat and going deep. As far as I knew, Rodgers' MVP season - that ridiculous 46 TD/6 int season or whatever the fuck it was - was far from Martyball. If anything it was Martzball because you guys threw all the time.

I meant more the "Having our defense give up a ton of yards and point doesn't matter because we'll simply outscore them" strategy can only get you so far. It's part of the reason Schottenheimer's teams failed in the playoffs IIRC

I meant more the "Having our defense give up a ton of yards and point doesn't matter because we'll simply outscore them" strategy can only get you so far. It's part of the reason Schottenheimer's teams failed in the playoffs IIRC

Thinking back to his Chargers teams, they failed to score points and only allowed like 20 points per game or something. A few teams blew them the fuck out, but that was either a Dan Marino led team or the 90s Bills, who were destroying the whole AFC.

Martyball is characterized by dumpoff passes, West Coast Offense without the YAC, and a powerful run game. It's why the 00s Chargers were great, because they had Gates, Rivers, and Tomlinson who could work together to do all of the above. He ends up losing close games a lot due to his relatively conservative style of play.

You're thinking of Mike Martz, who had a tendency to make Warner throw it a lot and the 2000 Rams also had a fucking terrible defense but they scored some 40+ TDs through the air and their QBs combined for 5500 yards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Ball

Edited by Lord Raven

So... The Steelers didn't have to sign a scrub kicker after all! They brought over Josh Scobee from the Jags (sorry, Cynthia. xP), who's another veteran. Now I feel better...again. Let's just hope there actually is no curse and this guy doesn't get hurt too.