2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I do wonder what the heck happened. Last season, the Lions made the playoffs and with a pretty good record. They finally looked really good. Now all of a sudden they look like their old selves. :/

They also have a shitty OC and a bad OL

Lombardi fails to live up to his namesake in many ways. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to get some quick passes to Megatron or Golden Tate, ESPECIALLY fucking golden tate who can take a screen for like 50 yards if he gets one block and another guy is completely unblocked

The only team I'm fond of that's doing well is Arizona though and they're completely destroying their schedule except for the Rams. It's kind of funny because as much as I hate the Bengals, if we miss playoffs and they get in I might just root for them to take it all the way if Peyton doesn't get through. That fanbase actually deserves it.

Okay, I'm still not seeing anything about Martavis Bryant being hurt. So I'm going to keep assuming that he's playing. If it turns out that he isn't though, the Steelers chances drop. :( Bryant was the only one Vick had no problem throwing to as far as we could see, other than maybe Heyward-Bey. And the latter was Bryant's backup.

Still, this is a must-win, whether they could still take the division from the Bengals or not. It's about staying in the playoff picture at this point. Gotta hope that Vick can rely more on Brown and Wheaton this time as well as Bell. Bell can definitely help get a win, but he can't be on the field every single play, he'll get tired. And if the offense just keeps running the ball, obviously the other team will catch on.

EDIT: ...God damn it. Disregard what I said above, Bryant really isn't playing. I saw it in a different article. Will this team ever stop losing its top players to injury? We're starting to look like the Cardinals of last year.

I can't be so sure the Steelers will win now. I'm afraid to watch... I don't want to see them get kicked around and slapping themselves with another L.

Edited by Anacybele

I can't be so sure the Steelers will win now. I'm afraid to watch... I don't want to see them get kicked around and slapping themselves with another L.'

'The only thing you have to fear is fear itself', though it's hard to travel cross country and win big games, it'll show what kind of team they are.

Even if the Steelers lose, they'll still be ok wild card wise- 1.5 games behind the Jets and only a game behind the Chargers and Bills with a lot of games to make up the difference.

They will be okay in terms of the standings, but the Steelers still have a pretty tough schedule ahead of them, I know they still have to play the Cards (Ben won't be back, tough to win), the Seahawks and the Rams, so they have to start playing better.

Actually, traveling to San Diego is beneficial because the Steelers gain three more hours of sleep that way. You only get jetlag if you're going in the opposite direction and LOSE sleep hours (I would know since I've traveled between Europe and the US several times). I'm more worried about no Ben, no Bryant, no Pouncey, and no Shazier. That's our top 3 QB, deep threat receiver, best center in the league, and speedy play-making LB. ;_; I'm surprised Brown and Bell are still up!

And the Steelers already played the Rams and beat them. And they don't play the Seahawks until right after their bye (thank goodness). The Cardinals are a concern though. But, they could also be a pretender given that they just lost recently to...I forget, but it wasn't the Patriots or Packers or anything.

Cynthia: Yeah, but with how long Ben could be out... Even that might be a high hurdle to jump.

Edited by Anacybele

Somebody fill me in the game

I just got home.

Anybody know the inactive list of both teams.

That's it! watching now looks like it's half time.

You can't double post...

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's so great. Your Chargers have barely scored at all. Same with the Steelers. I can't believe how bad they're looking. I didn't have high expectations, but I didn't think Bell and Brown would be limited as much as they are. Bell got in some really nice plays, but not enough.

And Vick, why is he looking even worse than he did vs the Ravens? He had more time to practice. I see more stupid decisions by the coaches too, and these special teams penalties are ridiculous.

In short though, I was really wrong about like everything...

EDIT: Oh yeah, we've had great field position several times too, and couldn't make crap out of it except for one FG. But at least this Boswell guy actually looks reliable so far, making that beautiful 47 yarder.

EDIT2: OMFG PICK SIX!! PICK SIX!! ANTWON BLAKE!! FUCK YES!!

Edited by Anacybele

Dude, that wasn't Vick that threw it, that was your Phillip Rivers. :P

STEELERS LEAD!! Let's keep it that way! And give Vick and the guys some motivation!

Vick almost got picked off too.

But we've been carving your secondary so far.

Bell has only has 95 yards. Which is better than I expected with our run defense. This game is still anyone's game.

Yeah, Vick has gotten lucky, almost being picked off twice. Our secondary is getting injured. Will Allen's out and he's one of our better DBs.

But god damn it, if it isn't him being inaccurate, it's his target dropping his passes. Spaeth should've had that. It was a little low, but still catchable.

Edited by Anacybele

Ah so everyone in the secondary is active today no wonder Vick only has 80 yards for today.

With Brown having 41 yards with 2 rec.

EDIT: RESPECT YOUR ELDERS! DON'T SLEEP ON GATES!

FLOOD THE GATES RIVERS!

Edited by ~Summer~

Because Vick isn't trusted enough to throw a lot.

This secondary has no answers when TEs are on the field. Why. And the D in general is getting too tired. This game is probably over now. A perfectly winnable game thrown away again (though not by missed FGs amazingly).

Edited by Anacybele

Because Vick isn't trusted enough to throw a lot.

This secondary has no answers when TEs are on the field. Why. And the D in general is getting too tired. This game is probably over now. A perfectly winnable game thrown away again (though not by missed FGs amazingly).

Thank god for Weddle.

He's literally the only reason our secondary doesn't die to TEs.

Then again Flowers gave up 3 TDs to Eifert because Weddle was too focused on the run due to him and Giovani Bernard being enemies.

Edited by ~Summer~