2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is my internet so laggy tonight...

BUT THE STEELERS WIN!! STEELERS WIN!! OMFG I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! On a combo of Vick and Bell!! RING DAT BELL FOR VICK-TORY! VICK-TORY!! YEAH!! :D

EVERYBODY WAS WRONG!! Take THAT all you people who picked the Chargers!!

Well, Summer, I honestly didn't expect that win after all the fuck-ups by the Steelers. The Chargers still put up a good game.

I'm just amazed that my Steelers pulled through after more injuries to the offense and secondary where we can't afford it (Bryant was out and Will Allen got hurt). The NFL website titled this "Vick-torious" so perfect. :D

I'm just amazed that my Steelers pulled through after more injuries to the offense and secondary where we can't afford it (Bryant was out and Will Allen got hurt). The NFL website titled this "Vick-torious" so perfect. :D

No way you have more injuries than us.

We have our starting left side injured. Chris Watt is playing injured. Fluker's ankle is still fucked up so his run-blocking isn't up to par.

Our starting slot receiver is out. With Ladarius banged up. Our depth at offensive line is also injured.

Picks for next week:

Falcons at Saints- Falcons have found ways to win this year. Saints have a lot of problems on both sides of the ball and are probably a bad team.

Broncos at Browns- A struggling Peyton Manning visits Josh McCown and the explosive Browns passing attack...never thought that would be remotely accurate. The Broncos have been great on defense this year and have managed to win close games- I think they can do it again here.

Bears at Lions- The Lions are in deep trouble don't get me wrong, but the Bears have barely managed two wins in a row and I don't think they have enough luck for a third. And the Lions have to win sometime...right?

Texans at Jaguars- I can't pick the Jags again after that performance against the Bucs, but the Texans are really bad so this game is a toss up.

Bengals at Bills- Tyrod Taylor and the Bills offense have struggled a lot these past two weeks against mediocre at best defenses- and the Bengals have more talent on both sides of the ball and are playing at a high level.

Redskins at Jets- Jets come off a bye and I think they can dominate a suspect Redskins offense with their defense.

Chiefs at Vikings- Looks like the Chiefs just aren't a very good football team at this point, bad defense and with Jamaal Charles out they can't do much offensively. Vikings are home after a bye too.

Cardinals at Steelers- Nice steal for the Steelers on Monday, but their offense still doesn't look right at all under Vick(3 offensive points until the fourth quarter). Cardinals have been looking strong on both sides of the ball.

Dolphins at Titans- I don't have much confidence in the Titans, but at least they're not so bad they're firing their head coach. Although maybe they should consider it, they possibly could have beaten the Bills if they didn't go ultra conservative on offense.

Panthers at Seahawks- Panthers coming off the bye, but the Seahawks pretty much always deliver at home. Seahawks are much better on defense than the teams the Panthers have played so far and I think that will show here.

Ravens at Niners- The Niners showed some life against the Giants last week, they're home and the Ravens defense isn't looking good at all. Niners have been pretty good stopping the run this year which means Flacco probably has to rely on an extremely depleted receiving corps.

Chargers at Packers- Short week for the Chargers, Rodgers doesn't lose in Lambeau almost ever...yeah.

Patriots at Colts- The Colts look bad against the Patriots when Luck is at the top of his game- what do you think will happen with the way the Colts have struggled on offense this year?

Giants at Eagles- Eagles offense finally got it going last week and the Giants struggled on defense against a not very good Niners team. Hard game to pick given the inconsistency of these teams though.

Edited by -Cynthia-

No way you have more injuries than us.

We have our starting left side injured. Chris Watt is playing injured. Fluker's ankle is still fucked up so his run-blocking isn't up to par.

Our starting slot receiver is out. With Ladarius banged up. Our depth at offensive line is also injured.

Yeah, but you still have your QB. Losing him is a bigger blow than any of that for us, and for more guys to go down really stinks. Edited by Anacybele

That was the Steelers of last year too. lol Lost to the Jets, Bucs, and Browns (in game 2), but crushed the Colts, Chiefs, Bengals (both games), and Ravens (in game 2). xP

Also, there was apparently a clock error at the end of the Steelers vs Chargers game where 18 seconds got lost when they shouldn't have. But the Steelers won anyway, wow. XD

And Big Ben was the one that drew up the plays where Vick launched that bomb to Markus Wheaton and Bell got the game-winning TD. Ben needs to be our OC when he retires and Haley is done! He's got the makings of one, it seems!

I do worry much about the next game vs the Cardinals though. Whether Ben plays or not, it's going to be tough. I think we have a chance if Ben plays, but it'll be close, methinks. Both these teams are good on both sides of the ball (when healthy enough). The Cardinals showed some weakness recently though, and the Steelers' secondary is still sloppy sometimes.

Edited by Anacybele

I gotta agree with AssassinMercenary on the Ravens and Phins.

Speaking of my picks, btw...

Falcons vs Saints: No-brainer lol, the Falcons are way better.

Bengals vs Bills: Bengals are just better. Bills have a good D, but the Bengals are good on both sides of the ball like Cynthia said.

Broncos vs Browns: Tough to call since one team is struggling on offense while the other struggles on defense. Could be close. But since Peyton Manning is probably still better than Josh McCown, I say horses.

Bears vs Lions: These guys both suck. But I think the Bears are a little better lately since they've actually managed to win.

Texans vs Jaguars: These guys are both rather bad too. lol The Jaguars don't have a QB problem though, and have a decent D and are at home.

Chiefs vs Vikings: I'd usually pick the Chiefs here, but they're out their only offensive weapon (Jamaal Charles), while the Vikings have their star RB and all, so...

Redskins vs Jets: The Jets defense is something else, yo. And like Cynthia said, they're coming off a bye.

Cardinals vs Steelers: I'd love to pick my Steelers here, of course, but without a healthy Ben, this is a long shot, sadly... And even with Ben, it'd still be tough, I think. I do feel the game might be close since the Cardinals HAVE shown some weakness though, and against a team the Steelers beat (the Rams). And interestingly, the Steelers have better average stats on defense according to the NFL site.

Dolphins vs Titans: Titans aren't THIS bad. lol

Panthers vs Seahawks: I'd normally pick the Seahawks here, but thing is, these games are always so close, yet the Seahawks have managed to come out on top every time. But that's gotta end someday, and I feel it's going to this weekend. The Seahawks have also struggled a bit lately unlike in previous seasons. It's also a must-win for the Panthers if they're to keep up with the Falcons. Panthers are getting Luke Kuechly back too! :D

Chargers vs Packers: The Chargers lost to an injury-riddled, Big Ben-less Steeler team at home. lol And the Packers are the Packers.

Ravens vs 49ers: The Ravens are bad lately, but the Niners just suck. :P

Patriots vs Colts: The Colts are struggling lately. xP

Giants vs Eagles: Eagles are better, methinks, and they're at home.

Edited by Anacybele

Cardinals vs Steelers: I'd love to pick my Steelers here, of course, but without a healthy Ben, this is a long shot, sadly... And even with Ben, it'd still be tough, I think. I do feel the game might be close since the Cardinals HAVE shown some weakness though, and against a team the Steelers beat (the Rams). And interestingly, the Steelers have better average stats on defense according to the NFL site.

I usually prefer DVOA instead (which has the Cardinals at #3 and the Steelers at #15 in total defense), but even using traditional statistics the Cardinals give up 332.4 yards/game, Steelers give up 358 yards/game. Arizona gives up 18 pts/game, Pittsburgh gives up 19 pts/game. Cardinals have forced a lot more turnovers (11 interceptions to 3 interceptions, and 7 forced fumbles to 4 forced fumbles). The only thing the Steelers seem to lead in is sacks.

I'm trying not to imagine a parallel universe where the Bills end up winning their 4 SBs in a row followed by Bill Belichick coaching Ray Lewis in Cleveland as HC and never moving to the Jets.

It hurts. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that Belichick was put on this earth just to destroy the Bills.

Hmm, now that I look at the analyze page again, I must've just looked at it completely wrong or something. I even double checked the first time. But even so, there's still a pretty small difference between the Steelers and Cardinals average stats on both sides of the ball other than points per game. And the Steelers have faced tougher opponents so far.

AND, Ben just might be coming back. He returned to practice and Markus Wheaton says he's looked good so far and "hasn't missed a beat." Martavis Bryant is back as well, and hopefully we get Ryan Shazier too. If this all happens, I might actually change my pick to the Steelers because they're at home and almost at full strength (the only piece on offense missing would be Maurkice Pouncey).

If Ben doesn't play though, I swear to god, if that game-winning drive didn't teach Haley anything about calling plays with Vick better, I might just go back to wanting him fired. That drive happened because Vick was finally allowed to do what he does best instead of Haley's stupid conservative play calling.

Edited by Anacybele

The difference between a spoiled fan and a poor fan:

A fan who has recent SB wins see their team lose a couple of games, not go 11-5 and wants the entire coaching staff gone (NE/Seattle/Indy/Pitt...).

A fan whose team doesn't sniff post-season ever just goes home and cries (Buf/Cle/NYJ/Min...).

Ana, wait 'til you have consistent 6-10 or worse seasons before you call for someone to be fired. In the meantime, appreciate your Superbowl rings because some of us (me, ClevelandSteve, TeamAlucard...) probably won't ever see another SB (or ClevelandSteve might not see one period) in our lifetimes.

Where did I ever say I don't appreciate six Super Bowl rings or wanted the entire coaching staff gone? I said Todd Haley only, not everyone. And just because a team has done good recently doesn't mean a fan doesn't have the right to want something to change. I personally think fans of poor teams who tell fans of good teams that they can't EVER be upset or want something to change are pity-seeking whiny brats.

And the Steelers haven't been to a Super Bowl in five years. Then they missed the playoffs a bunch of times and had consecutive 8-8 seasons, then when they finally DID get back to the playoffs, they lost the first game. They also became wildly inconsistent, losing to some bad teams and then beating the good ones. Steelers fans had every right to want something to change here. We don't want to see them become a one-and-done team in the playoffs like the Bengals.

You think your team won't ever see another SB in your lifetime? Oh boohoo.

EDIT: Ugh, for fuck's sake... Pouncey will be out longer because of complications with his ankle injury. Damn it. ;_;

Edited by Anacybele

^ that makes you sound really entitled lol, I don't think you really know much about playcalling in general if you think Haley should be fired when he needs to re-adjust his system a good amount more than you'd think for someone of Vick's skillset. That's really dumb that you're going back and forth on your opinion of Haley just based on a few things because it really does make you look entitled.

That's just like any Ravens fan who is calling for Harbaugh's head whenever we lose a game or having a multi game losing streak. The dude won us a Super Bowl and has been to the playoffs almost every season he's been here, the fuck do you guys even want? Right now I'm hearing a few rumblings of "Harbaugh's not gonna last the season just watch." Idiots. He's gonna be here for a while and I look forward to it.

Edited by Lord Raven

lol I'm not being entitled, actually.

Back and forth? Nah, I never actually thought Haley was great. I did change my opinion of him somewhat after the Steelers' offense started getting hot, but he's always been at most mediocre to me. The offense gets hot because Ben is there and allowed to do what he wants. When Haley first came in, they sucked because his system wasn't working. He then let Ben call some shots and stuff finally got done. Oh, also, there are still the inconsistency issues from last year and such. One thing I do think Haley does right is prevent Ben from getting hurt as much as he used to.

Also, the Steelers just won, I'm not saying Haley should go because of a loss. Although, through both the game vs the Ravens and the game vs the Chargers, he's shown that he doesn't know what to do with Vick at all. The Steelers went three whole quarters without any offensive points except for one field goal. Besides, I'm not saying he definitely should be fired, I'm saying he should be IF he hasn't figured out how to keep things going even with a change at QB. I'm saying I hope that that game-winning drive vs the Chargers has taught him something.

I don't REALLY want Haley to be fired, I like that he's more about protecting Ben. But I also don't want to see him fuck up a lot.

Edited by Anacybele