2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Well, yeah, you have a point there. Yet, that crap does still happen. I mean, how about that taunting call William Gay got slammed with last season even though he barely did ANYTHING and wasn't even looking at any players or the audience? That's basic stuff the refs should get right too. Even the announcers were confused here.

The NFL isn't fair sometimes, and we can't do anything about it. I recently found out that while Cam Heyward was fined for decorative black cheek marks that were honoring his dad, that one guy whose daughter had cancer was allowed to do the same thing for her. Oh, and by the way, Heyward's dad had cancer too AND was an NFL player.

Those are judgment calls at the end of the day.

Setting someone as an eligible is not a judgment call. It's a procedural call. They failed to follow procedure.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm supporting your point Ana. The NFL is inherently unfair: it's so greedy it puts the health of players at risk by having a Thursday night game every week. For what? A night worth of prime time commercials to add to the money pile

So me and Ana want the same thing for this game... a Texan loss.

Yes, Ana, you want the Bengals to win. They'll win the division easily so you want a Wild Card spot. Which means that our teams need to put some distance between us and those in the hunt (Oak/NYJ/Hou/KC/Mia).

Sorry, but regardless, I want them to lose after how many times they've taken Le'Veon Bell down. ;_;

And...lolwut, the Texans are WINNING?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot. Monday night/prime time Andy Dalton. lol

Edited by Anacybele

To be fair, it's not all on Dalton. The running game couldn't do much at all, Eifert had three drops, and the o-line got dominated all night. Still not encouraging for them moving forward though.

Picks time:

Titans at Jaguars- Similar teams, but I think the Jaguars have more talent on offense and they're the home team on a short week.

Rams at Ravens- Ravens can stop the run pretty well which is all you need to stop the Rams offensively. Hard to pick the Rams after how they looked against the Bears.

Redskins at Panthers- Kirk Cousins looked great again- but playing the worst defense in the league isn't the same as playing one of the best defenses. In a chaotic season, the Panthers just keep rollin'.

Broncos at Bears- John Fox revenge game! I don't have much confidence in Osweiler and the Bears are playing surprisingly well given how many holes they were supposed to have.

Raiders at Lions- Raiders look to be deflating pretty quickly, but I don't have enough confidence in the Lions to pick them to win back to back games.

Colts at Falcons- Both of these teams have been up and down...Falcons at least have their starting QB and are at home.

Cowboys at Dolphins- Should be Romo's return which will spark the offense...I think. The inconsistency of the Dolphins makes them tough to pick.

Bucs at Eagles- Bradford is out...although I'm not sure Sanchez is much of a downgrade overall. The Eagles aren't that good, but picking the Bucs just feels wrong.

Jets at Texans- Texans defense seems to be making a resurgence, but they still have offensive issues. Jets are on a long week and Texans are on a short one- going to pick an ugly win for the Jets.

Chiefs at Chargers- Chiefs defense has looked very good since their secondary got healthy and they've been able to run it surprisingly well since Charles went down. Chargers have a weak run D and lots of injury issues- maybe the bye week helped but I kinda doubt it.

Packers at Vikings- Packers have problems on offense- lack of WR talent with Nelson out, can't run the ball, poor protection. Vikings defense had a very strong performance in Oakland and they're undefeated at home this year.

Niners at Seahawks- The Niners have scored a grand total of 13 points in their last 3 games against the Seahawks.

Bengals at Cardinals- Third straight primetime game for the Bengals- not good news for them given their history plus they're traveling on a short week against a strong team.

Bills at Patriots- Not going to pick against the Patriots at home. Maybe some of their injuries give the Bills a chance, but I'm not betting on it.

Sorry, but regardless, I want them to lose after how many times they've taken Le'Veon Bell down. ;_;

If the Bills and Texans are the Wild Cards and the Steelers don't see postseason action, I will laugh at you so much because you'd rather watch a team lose out of spite than think logically and hope for playoffs.

If the Bills and Texans are the Wild Cards and the Steelers don't see postseason action, I will laugh at you so much because you'd rather watch a team lose out of spite than think logically and hope for playoffs.

Uh, what? I never said that I would rather have the Steelers miss the playoffs than see the Bengals win yesterday. For your information, thanks to that Bengals loss, the Steelers are only two games behind them now. The Steelers are 6-4 and the Bengals are 8-1. If the Bengals lose just once more and the Steelers beat them in their second matchup, the AFC North could actually be ours.

On another topic, Cam Newton seriously needs to watch himself. That celebration of his from Sunday was excessive yet again, and I'm surprised he wasn't flagged for it. I do love how he said "don't like it, keep me out of the endzone" to the one Titans guy's complaint, lol but still.

Edited by Anacybele

I wouldn't be too worried about AFC South teams being a wildcard lol. The Steelers are actually 2.5 games back, if the Cardinals beat the Bengals the Bengals would be 8-2 and the Steelers would be 6-4 which is a 2 game lead.

Also I lol'd at this but felt a little bad. And then I remembered it was Peyton so I felt better. http://www.theonion.com/article/aging-peyton-manning-now-forced-take-field-assista-51858

Edited by -Cynthia-

hey cynthia we just lost our starting C

you wanna flip that prediction? i'm pretty sure you're like 3-6 with predicting the ravens, although I personally am enjoying this trainwreck of a season as long as Flacco doesn't tear an ACL.

hey cynthia we just lost our starting C

you wanna flip that prediction? i'm pretty sure you're like 3-6 with predicting the ravens, although I personally am enjoying this trainwreck of a season as long as Flacco doesn't tear an ACL.

Same.

I understand the pain of losing Centers :Kappa:

One time we had a center retire and then he was replaced by Gino Gradkowski, who was rated #34 or #35 which was last among qualified centers.

Our center was so bad he was worse than backups. And our Left Guard naturally played center but we still put him at Left Guard. How much worse was he?!?!?