2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, that COULD be what he was doing! I love that man even more if he plays Nintendo games. :D

Travis Kelce's celebration where he hits the football was inspired by Donkey Kong's neutral special from Smash Bros.

Travis Kelce's celebration where he hits the football was inspired by Donkey Kong's neutral special from Smash Bros.

Huh, interesting. Though I'm not a fan of DK.

Antonio Brown got FINED for his celebration though, that is so fricking lame, especially since no one got handed a fine for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Ben from the Seahawks game. And meanwhile, Cam Newton didn't ever even get flagged for his 10-second long dances. This is coming from someone that likes Newton and the Panthers too.

I swear, the NFL hates the Steelers now. They fined William Gay for wearing purple cleats for domestic violence awareness, they fined Cam Heyward for his Iron Head cheek marks when another player who did the same thing wasn't, I think they fined DeAngelo Williams for something related to pink gear for breast cancer awareness as well, now this. It's all bullshit!

Anyway, time for my game picks.

Vikings vs Cardinals: Cardinals at home against a mediocre team, come on. :P

Seahawks vs Ravens: Wow, poor Ravens.

Falcons vs Panthers: Panthers ROLLIN'! And are at home.

Redskins vs Bears: The 'Skins are better, I think.

Steelers vs Bengals: Daytime Dalton is good, but Ben is 100% this time and the Steelers without a doubt have the best group of receivers in the league! This'll be close though, because the Steelers' secondary is still kind of weak. I also bet the Steelers would like some revenge for Le'Veon Bell.

49ers vs Browns: Both of these teams suck lol. But I think the Niners are a little better.

Colts vs Jaguars: Again, both aren't that great, but I think the Jags are better. They at least have a starting QB-WR combo and a pretty decent one.

Chargers vs Chiefs: Chiefs are better, and at home.

Titans vs Jets: Jets D against a mediocre offense, man.

Bills vs Eagles: Eagles look like they've sorted themselves out.

Lions vs Rams: Rams have pretty much collapsed.

Saints vs Buccaneers: Saints put up a great game vs the Panthers and the Bucs are still mediocre.

Raiders vs Broncos: Broncos are still better.

Cowboys vs Packers: lol Cowboys in Lambeau. They don't even have Romo anymore. :P

Patriots vs Texans: Gronk is back, so...

Giants vs Dolphins: Dolphins aren't looking too hot lately.

And three-things-to-know, this time for the Bengals.

Three Things to Know vs the Bengals

1. The Bengals seem to like injuring our RBs, so DeAngelo Williams needs to be protected.

2. Ben is 100% this time, so let him go all out and bomb that Bengals D!

3. As always, keep AJ Green in check. Pressure the hell out of Dalton and keep him from running too much.

Edited by Anacybele

They fined William Gay for wearing purple cleats for domestic violence awareness, they fined Cam Heyward for his Iron Head cheek marks when another player who did the same thing wasn't, I think they fined DeAngelo Williams for something related to pink gear for breast cancer awareness as well, now this. It's all bullshit!

NFL players get fined all the time for deviating from the uniform. Brandon Marshall got fined on more than one occasion for green cleets for mental health awareness.

NFL players get fined all the time for deviating from the uniform. Brandon Marshall got fined on more than one occasion for green cleets for mental health awareness.

Yeah, but they still allowed that one guy to have the special cheek marks for his daughter, yet they still fined Cam Heyward for having special cheek marks for his dad. That's unfair. And my point about the celebrations and the hit on Ben still stands.

And besides, I don't see anything wrong with different colored cleats or special cheek marks, and ones that are for good causes. Now if players were dressing in different pants and jerseys, that's different.

Edited by Anacybele

If the color is supposed to represent something like domestic violence awareness, then sure. Purple is the color for that one, pink is for breast cancer awareness, camouflage is for the military/veterans, etc. And as Lord Raven pointed out, green is for mental health awareness, one that I didn't actually know existed. But I'm glad I know now, because being autistic, I could definitely get behind that one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, guys, I think it's now confirmed that AB was trying to emulate SMB. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I think it's dumb because they do it and "match the fine in donations." Save yourself the money and pay twice instead of paying a fine and matching it.

Yeah, but they still allowed that one guy to have the special cheek marks for his daughter, yet they still fined Cam Heyward for having special cheek marks for his dad. That's unfair. And my point about the celebrations and the hit on Ben still stands.

Well, you're not allowed to dunk over the goal post or intervene with the goal post. I haven't seen the hit on Ben but Flacco's had a ton more roughing the passer penalties that went uncalled. Upshaw was also fined for a hit on Ben.

And the Ravens have been fucked by the refs repeatedly this season so let's not. Late hits going uncalled especially against Schaub in the Dolphins game (which snowballed into Schaub getting hit harder and harder until we have fuckin Clausen starting on Sunday), and the whole Chris Johnson/TJ Yeldon debacle where Chris Johnson "wasn't down" when his forward progress was stopped, but when TJ Yeldon went down without contact we hit him and got a personal foul call. Suggs tries to finish a tackle on Blount in 2014 and it gets called for a personal foul. On top of the numerous other calls that the NFL has come out and mentioned screwing up against us.

I don't know why they were inconsistent because other players have been fined, but it doesn't help Cam Heyward's case that Devon Still was basically only on the roster for the benefits to his daughter whereas Heyward is on the roster because he's more talented than Devon Still. I think you'll find that higher profile teams will get more attention drawn, whereas Devon Still is a fringe player on a small market team.

Well yeah, I never meant to say that the Steelers are the only team getting hate. You're right, the Ravens have been screwed left and right lately as well.

I didn't know about that other stuff on Devon Still though, I see...

Edited by Anacybele

As a fan of the team, I can tell you with 100% certainty that hell would freeze over before Bill would give away direct injury timelines on any player, let alone the most dynamic player on the team.

He practiced today which is a good sign, but I still think he'll be out at least another week

Yeah, I considered waiting for the injury report, but the Patriots weren't too bad offensively against the Eagles and the Texans really aren't that good. I know they held the Bengals to 6, but that was probably more Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton primetime weirdness than a true performance indicator.

Edited by -Cynthia-

clinching/elimination

First-round bye

Carolina Panthers

- Carolina win

- Green Bay loss

Division titles

Clinching

New England Patriots

- Win, New York Jets loss

Cincinnati Bengals

- Win

Denver Broncos

- Win, Kansas City loss

Arizona Cardinals

- Seattle loss

Carolina Panthers are the NFCS division champions.

Elimination

New York Jets

- Loss, New England win

Pittsburgh Steelers

- Loss

Kansas City Chiefs

- Loss, Denver win

Seattle Seahawks

- Loss

Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins are eliminated from AFCE title contention

Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns are eliminated from AFCN title contention

San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders are eliminated from AFCW title contention

Detroit Lions are eliminated from NFCN title contention

St. Louis Rams and San Francisco 49ers are eliminated from NFCW title contention

Playoffs

Clinching

New England Patriots

- New York Jets loss

- Pittsburgh loss

Cincinnati Bengals

- Kansas City loss

- New York Jets loss

Denver Broncos

- Win, New York Jets loss

- Win, Pittsburgh loss

Arizona Cardinals have clinched a playoff spot.

Elimination

Miami Dolphins

- Loss, Kansas City win, New York Jets win

Jacksonville Jaguars

- Loss, New York Jets win

- Loss, Buffalo win

- Loss, Pittsburgh win

- Loss, Houston win

Baltimore Ravens

- Loss, Kansas City win

- Loss, Oakland win

- Loss, Pittsburgh win

San Diego Chargers

- Loss

- Oakland win

- Pittsburgh win

Tennessee Titans

- Loss

- Indianapolis win

- Houston win

St. Louis Rams

- Loss, Seattle win

Detroit Lions

- Loss, Seattle win

New Orleans Saints

- Loss

San Francisco 49ers

- Loss

- Minnesota and Seattle win

Cleveland Browns are eliminated from playoff contention.

Edited by Lord Raven