2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Ohhh, Big Ben and DeAngelo Williams are FedEx Air and Ground Players of week 13! :D This is the second season in a row now where the Steelers got their QB and RB to win both in the same week! Loving this offense so much. <3

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's what I need to happen.

Bills win in Philly (Philly is a mess so this one is do-able)

AND

Steelers loss in Cincy (Cincy is the better team by a mile, if Pitt wins, they need to lose 2/3 for the Bills to overtake them)

OR

SD win in KC (not going to happen so we might as well hand the first playoff spot to KC)

Surprisingly, the Bills don't need the Jets to lose a game as long as we win out and beat them in Week 17 (we'll own the tiebreaker). KC and Pitt are the problems and the Steelers are probably going to be the team that folds to give the Bills the Wild Card. Aside from that, it's between those 3 teams.

Steelers loss in Cincy (Cincy is the better team by a mile)

Sorry, no. Ben wasn't 100% in the first matchup and that made a significant impact. Our offense is the most powerful in the league and our run defense is 7th. They're averaging 32 points a game right now. Our only weakness is the pass defense. And last time, they managed to limit AJ Green somewhat. Cincy isn't terrible, not saying that, but they're just not quite as good as the Steelers.

Also, not to mention that we're 7-5 on the toughest schedule in the league and after a few significant injuries (Big Ben, Bell, Bryant, Pouncey, Beachum). We didn't have Ben vs the freaking Cardinals and the Steelers still won.

Anyway, GAME DAY. Let's go Steelers! You guys need this win and you better get it!

Edited by Anacybele

Probably the best time in the past 20 years.

Second best...

Sorry, no. Ben wasn't 100% in the first matchup and that made a significant impact. Our offense is the most powerful in the league and our run defense is 7th. They're averaging 32 points a game right now. Our only weakness is the pass defense. And last time, they managed to limit AJ Green somewhat. Cincy isn't terrible, not saying that, but they're just not quite as good as the Steelers.

This is the dumbest thing you've said in a few months

You also realize that you're playing @Cincy right? And Cincy's defense isn't a pushover like Indianapolis, Cleveland, or Oakland?

Edited by Lord Raven

This is the dumbest thing you've said in a few months

You also realize that you're playing @Cincy right? And Cincy's defense isn't a pushover like Indianapolis, Cleveland, or Oakland?

It's not dumb, it's fact. YOU realize that the Steelers put up 30 points on one of the best defenses in the league in Seattle, right? Our offense isn't a pushover like the Browns. Oh yeah, not to mention that the Steelers have won 20 of the last 25 meetings in Cincinnati.

Anyway, opening drive TD! DeAngelo Williams! I like this start. Let's keep rolling like that!

And stop the god damn fighting, seriously. There was fighting even before the game began and two more after that. Christ, man. I get that Le'Veon Bell going down again sucked butt, but losing your cool won't help anything.

Edited by Anacybele

OH! STEPHON TUITT PICKS OFF DALTON!! The big guy stepped in there, holy crap. XD And I mean big guy, he's HUGE. Nothin TUITT!

The point is that the Bengals are going against a really good offense.

The Steelers also didn't have Big Ben for four games. If they had him all season, I bet things would be different. Your Ravens would be a lot better than they are if you hadn't lost a whole bunch of guys to injury too.

Also, Dalton hurt his thumb trying to tackle Tuitt on that INT, oh geez. xP

EDIT: And Average Andy is out the rest of the game! Whoa. Good try, Cincy.

EDIT2: 13-ZIP Steelers!! WOOT. (couple FGs while the Bengals FG attempt MISSED hahaha)

EDIT3: Right outta half time, WILLIAM GAY PICK-SIX!! That's his sixth in his career, ties an all time Steeler record! He got a penalty for excessive celebration, but he, Boykin, and Joey Porter were so funny that it's worth it lol. 23-7 STEELERS!

EDIT4: Interception number THREE! WOOT, this time by Robert Golden, his first ever pick! And now we're set up to get another TD. WE GOT THIS.

Edited by Anacybele

clinching/elimination

First-round bye

Carolina Panthers have clinched a first round bye.

Division titles

Clinching

Elimination

Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins are eliminated from AFCE title contention

Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns are eliminated from AFCN title contention

San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders are eliminated from AFCW title contention

Detroit Lions are eliminated from NFCN title contention

St. Louis Rams and San Francisco 49ers are eliminated from NFCW title contention

Playoffs

Clinching

Arizona Cardinals have clinched a playoff spot.

Elimination

Miami Dolphins

- Loss

Eliminated:

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

San Francisco 49ers

Detroit Lions

San Diego Chargers

So the only game that decides elimination after right now is Dolphins/Giants.

The Panthers shut out the Falcons lolwow. And 38-0 too. :o

Steelers win 33-20! Though, this would've surely been a closer game had Andy Dalton not hurt himself. And it would've been nice if the Chiefs and/or Jets lost... Now we have a big challenge ahead vs the Broncos, although it'll be in Pittsburgh. They have the best D in the league, I think. Our offense will be tested to the fullest.

Wow 9ers suck even harder than I thought. Skip Bayless is gonna brag about how he knew Johnny Football was gonna be a star and all he needed was "someone to give him a chance!". lol definitely not watching First Take tommorrow.

On a side note, beating the Broncos is the only thing I want for Christmas.

Wow, what butt hurt Bengals fans I'm seeing on the NFL site. They're calling the Steelers dirty when they didn't even have anything to do with Dalton's injury. Meanwhile, Burfict is a freakishly dirty player and took out Bell and almost took out Heath Miller today too. And let's not forget the injury to Bell from LAST year. F-ing Bengals fans are being just as annoying as Facebook Steelers fans, I swear.

I forgot to say how fun the Cards/Vikings game was to watch, because of how close it was.

A friend of mine is a Vikings fan, she and I had quite the great time watching it.

My picks were awful this week lol, but having the Jags blow out the Colts is pretty awesome. I think we're probably still too far behind to make a run at the division, but there's still hope.

One or two games behind? I'm not sure. Jaguars are a glass cannon.

One or two games behind? I'm not sure. Jaguars are a glass cannon.

I guess they will only be one game out if the Texans lose to the Patriots tonight. Then it's the Falcons and Saints which are pretty winnable games- could come down to week 17 at the Texans. They might lose on divisional tiebreaker if the Colts or Texans sweep the Titans though.

Jack Del Rio should be fired for going for 2 after that TD. Inexplicable decision with Oakland's defense dominating the second half.

EDIT: Evidently their long snapper might be injured

Edited by chococoke

Please score again so that silly missed 2 pt conversion doesnt hurt...

Edit: I have a bad feeling about this.

Edit 2: YES! They finally beat the stupid Broncos. You're welcome Patriots.

Edited by Pete Rose: Baseball Legend