2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, our front seven can definitely bring pressure. So that sounds good to me! :3

EDIT: WHOA since when did the Jags get Steelers-like explosiveness? o.o

Oh yeah, since the Colts started sucking. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Browns actually won for once. Even though every victory at this point is just hurting our draft position, it is nice to win (also, hurting our draft position isn't that big of a deal since the Browns would never draft someone actually good anyway).

I think it's safe to say Mccarthy will be calling the plays for Green Bay for the rest of the season. You know, like he should have been doing all along.

Dalton is probably out until the playoffs(maybe week 17). The good news for the Bengals is that to clinch the division, all they need is a win over the Broncos or Ravens or any Steelers loss.

Broncos haven't claimed who's starting against the Steelers. They could actually be in danger of losing the division, if they lose 2 of 3 and the Chiefs win out. The Broncos could actually be eliminated from the playoffs entirely in that scenario if enough other teams won out, though that's highly unlikely.

Man, I fucking knew it! Ben has said now that Vontaze Burfict intentionally went low on him on that one play where Ben got his legs tangled up and was lucky not to have been hurt for the fourth damn time this season. And I believe him because Burfict was accused last year of intentionally trying to hurt Cam Newton and Greg Olsen and he clearly was in the replays. This guy needs his ass CANNED. When will the NFL or the Bengals do something about this bastard?

Oh, and Lord Raven reported that this same guy rammed himself into Flacco last year too, probably in an attempt to give him a groin injury. Burfict only came away with a concussion (freaking hilarious), but that was a low dirty hit too.

Edited by Anacybele

What chococoke said, although I think I sense sarcasm there (hey, I may be bad at that, but not THAT bad). I saw the plays where Olsen claimed Burfict was trying to injure them, he WAS twisting their ankles. He IS also really reckless though, you're right.

Picks time:

Bucs at Rams- Rams are at home I guess and they seemed to figure out how to give the ball to Gurley last week.

Jets at Cowboys- Cowboys are not a good team right now, especially on offense.

Panthers at Giants- It would certainly be something for the Giants to stop another undefeated run, but hard to pick against the Panthers right now.

Titans at Patriots- Patriots good, Titans bad.

Chiefs at Ravens- I think the Ravens just want this season to be over at this point, Chiefs should be able to win with defense.

Falcons at Jaguars- Hard to pick the Falcons who can't seem to win a game, especially after how they looked last week.

Bears at Vikings- Vikings are home on a long week and probably more talented overall.

Texans at Colts- It might be TJ Yates vs Charlie Whitehurst here, which is...not inspiring. I think the Texans defense can win this for them.

Bills at Redskins- These teams are up and down so it's hard to say, but consecutive road games for the Bills and the Redskins have been better at home.

Browns at Seahawks- Seahawks are rolling right now, Browns are still the Browns.

Packers at Raiders- I could see the upset potential here, but the Packers are the better team. Have they finally gotten it together?

Bengals at Niners- More interesting than it looked a few weeks ago, backup QB on the road could be tough. AJ McCarron didn't look awful and the Niners are pretty bad so I think they'll manage.

Broncos at Steelers- Broncos defense against the Steelers offense should be an interesting matchup. The Broncos offense has issues no matter who's at QB, I'll take the home team here.

Dolphins at Chargers- Both these teams are disappointing and not very good...Dolphins are traveling cross country on a short week I guess.

Cardinals at Eagles- Eagles have kind of gotten things together, but the Cardinals are more talented, especially on offense.

Lions at Saints- Saints are usually good at home, especially in primetime.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Chiefs at Ravens- I think the Ravens just want this season to be over at this point, Chiefs should be able to win with defense.

we have four starting quality tight ends

all of them are gone, one is gonna land on IR, one is suspended, one has gone from PUP to IR, and one is out next week with a concussion

i don't even know anymore man, the commentators even said "who are these guys" to our starting offense

I really wish your Ravens weren't so injured now myself, Lord Raven, because them beating the Chiefs would put my Steelers back in the playoffs. ._.

But now for my game picks!

Buccaneers vs Rams: Rams are the home team and the Bucs still kinda suck.

Jets vs Cowboys: As much as I'd like the Jets to lose, the Cowboys just suck now.

Chiefs vs Ravens: Same thing as above, except replace the Jets with the Chiefs and the Cowboys with the Ravens.

Texans vs Colts: Colts suck now too.

Falcons vs Jaguars: The Jags aren't great, but the Falcons are just sad right now. Jags are at home here too.

Bears vs Vikings: Neither team is that great, but I think the Bears have been a little better.

Titans vs Patriots: This doesn't need any explanation. :P

Panthers vs Giants: Cue Walmart's old "Rollin'" theme music because rollin' is what the Panthers are doing a lot lately.

Bills vs Redskins: Bills are a little better, I think.

Packers vs Raiders: Actually kind of a tough choice since the Raiders managed to top the Broncos. It's usually hard to pick against Aaron Rodgers and co. though.

Browns vs Seahawks: Another that needs no explanation. :P

Broncos vs Steelers: Steelers offense vs Broncos defense is probably the greatest possible matchup right now! Can't wait to see it! But I think the Broncos' offense is worse than the Steelers' defense, and the Steelers are at home, so, GO STEELERS!!

Dolphins vs Chargers: Both of these teams are pretty poor, but I think the Dolphins are better right now.

Bengals vs 49ers: As much as I'd like the Bengals to lose, the Niners are still bad. I don't think even an Andy Dalton-less Bengals team can lose to them.

Cardinals vs Eagles: Cardinals are the hotter team, I think.

Lions vs Saints: Saints are a little better, I think. And they're at home.

Now for three-things-to-know, this edition being for the Broncos!

Three Things to Know vs the Broncos

1. The offense needs to play at their absolute best. Everybody on it. Not just Ben, not just AB, everybody. The Broncos have possibly the best defense in the league right now.

2. The Broncos have QB issues at the moment, but they still have decent receivers in Emmanuel Sanders (remember him, Ben?) and co., so the secondary still needs to play better than it has.

3. Since the Broncos have QB problems, no matter who starts, go after him hard. The weakest link, you know...

So Clinching/Elimination

AFC East

Patriots can clinch a first round bye with;

- NE Win + DEN loss

Buffalo is eliminated from playoffs with;

- BUF loss

- BUF loss + PIT win

Patriots have clinched the AFC East.

Dolphins are eliminated from the playoffs.

AFC North

Bengals can clinch the AFC North with

- PIT loss

Bengals can clinch a playoff birth with

- CIN win

- KC loss

Ravens/Browns are eliminated from the playoffs.

AFC South

Jaguars are eliminated from the playoffs with;

- JAX loss + IND win

Titans are eliminated from the playoffs.

AFC West

Denver can clinch the AFC West with;

- DEN win + KC loss

Denver can clinch a playoff berth with;

- DEN win

Oakland is eliminated from the playoffs with;

- OAK loss + KC win

- OAK loss + KC win + PIT win

- OAK loss + PIT win

Chargers are eliminated from the playoffs.

NFC East

Cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs.

NFC North

Packers can clinch a playoff berth with

- GB win

- TB loss + WAS loss

- TB loss + NYG loss

Vikings can clinch a playoff berth with

- MIN win + WAS loss + ATL loss

- MIN win + WAS loss + SEA loss

- MIN win + NYG loss + ATL loss

- MIN win + NYG loss + SEA loss

Bears can be eliminated from the playoffs with;

- CHI loss

Lions are eliminated from the playoffs.

NFC South

Panthers have clinched the division and first round bye.

Panthers clinch the 1-seed with

- CAR win + AZ loss

Tampa Bay is eliminated from playoffs with

- SEA win + MIN win

Atlanta is eliminated from playoffs with

- ATL loss + MIN win

New Orleans are eliminated from playoffs with

- NO loss

- SEA win + MIN win

NFC West

Cardinals have cinched a playoff berth.

Cardinals can clinch the NFC West with

- AZ win

- SEA loss

Cardinals can clinch a first-round bye with

- AZ win + GB loss

Seattle can clinch a playoff berth with

- SEA win + NYG loss

- SEA win + WAS loss

- SEA win + ATL loss + MIN loss + GB win

St. Louis Rams are eliminated from playoffs with

- SEA win + MIN win

49ers are eliminated from the playoffs

Edited by Lord Raven

Man, Ben's not finding any possible way around the Broncos' D so far... His guys gotta win on Sunday though. Still, this is the no. 1 offense going against the no. 1 defense. It'll be competitive and GOOD, no doubt. I expect a low score, close game due to the Broncos' piss poor offense and the Steelers' decent defense.

Edited by Anacybele

holy shit Odell Beckham is being a diva. I'm surprised he hasn't been ejected.

Josh Norman is playing undisciplined too.

Tom Coughlin and Ron Rivera will probably run the shit out of both of them probably.

Edited by ~Summer~

Josh Norman did deserve at least one of those flags, but he wasn't being anywhere near as big a punk as Beckham. Beckham literally headbutted him on purpose in a helmet-to-helmet blow after a play was over. I'm starting to hate him as much as I hate Vontaze Burfict. He really should get ejected, but no, everybody loves him. I even saw an article on NFL.com fairly recently saying to stop picking on him or something. No, he deserves to be "picked on."

Josh Norman was trying his damnedest to keep a cool head, but that punk was making it really hard.

Giants just came extremely close to doing the same. Those Panthers had me really scared, but Graham Gano kicked a game winner.

Steelers vs Broncos just started. Steelers gave that D a bit of trouble, but still had to punt. Ugh. Need to do a little better!

EDIT: OH HO hahaha, fumble recovery and then a TD for DeAngelo Williams, Steelers strike first! DeLo is running really well against these guys too!

EDIT2: Ugh, I hate our fricking secondary. They can't even stop an offense that hadn't scored a TD in their last 25 offensive drives. That's so pathetic. I can only hope our offense can do enough...

EDIT2: And they give up back to back TD plays, what the fuck... You'd think we were playing third stringers, this is so awful.

EDIT3: And again, they give up an easy TD... I expected a tough game because the Broncos' D is so good, but I didn't expect our D to be so bad against an offense that's been really bad. This is a blowout now. We're eliminated from the playoffs if we lose too. Which will probably happen because there's no way even our offense could make a big comeback against this defense. I shut the game off. Maybe next year...

Edited by Anacybele

The Steelers actually still have a fair shot of making the playoffs, even if they lose here. They just need to beat the Ravens and Browns and hope the Jets lose to the Patriots or Bills. This defensive performance is pretty worrisome though.

Well, technically, you're right, but if they lose here, you might as well say they're eliminated because their chances of making the playoffs would be slim.

Also, I guess our offense isn't as good as I and a lot of people thought either. They haven't been able to do much of anything so far. It's against a really good defense, but they've still mostly been shut down. Not saying they suck or anything, but they were overhyped... I'm sad to admit it too. :(

EDIT: Stepdad turned the game back on earlier, so I was like okay what the heck. I'll go back. Just like they usually do, they start making a comeback not long after I step away. I didn't think they'd do it this time, but nice. And the defense suddenly looks decent. I'm going to say they're just horribly inconsistent now. Geez... AB TD just now was sweet, tho. :D

EDIT2: OH WE TIED THE GAME UP! HOLY SHIT! Fuck yeah! 27-27! Ben is also now the first 300 yard passer the Broncos have allowed in 17 games. Maybe our offense just needed to figure this defense out a little more, but they really ARE that good! I really need to stop second guessing too. I love this offense. :D

Edited by Anacybele