2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, but the most hilarious thing about this game? Neither team got an offensive TD. Good lord. XD

EDIT: And the guy that made the game winning interception apparently used to be a Raven! Hahahaha.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know if the Broncos-Ravens game gives me anything for the future.

Is the Ravens offense that inept or is the Broncos defense that dominant?

Is Peyton Manning's age coming up to him or is the Raven's defense that dominant?

I think some of the story here is that both of the running games were stuffed. The Ravens struggled last year when their running game wasn't going and since about November of last year the Broncos have also been dependent on their running game to succeed. I think Peyton Manning is more of a game manager now than someone who throws 40+ times a game and expects to win.

and meanwhile our receivers require more than 1 second in the pocket to get open. nobody's open on a hot read and right now perriman's not playing so nobody to stretch the field

EDIT: Apparently 392 yards TOTAL between both teams is the lowest since the 2011 BAL@JAX game -_- Anyway, that was the case between Denver and Baltimore.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, neither team had a run game today. :P But neither team passed well either. They just had no offense for the most part. I think they both had dominant defenses. The Broncos' D looked as good as the Ravens' D and the Ravens obviously have a good defense.

yeah it's hard to pass with both teams supplying ridiculous pass rushes, neither team being able to run the ball, and both sides having what are looking to be the top defensive backs (Jimmy Smith, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris Jr., Will Hill) in the league

Edited by Lord Raven

Man, it's so hard to believe now that the Steelers once had the best defense...

So many star players are getting hurt lately though. Jordy Nelson, TY Hilton, Terrell Suggs, Kelvin Benjamin, Luke Kuechly...

Edited by Anacybele

We've got to clean up the penalties, and wow our run defense is bad.

Though it's not like we have one of the best running backs in the league coming to Lambeau next week OH WAIT :(

Dez Bryant got hurt too! Geezus, who's left now out of the top receivers? Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, and Julio Jones are all I can think of. I don't consider Odell Beckham a top receiver. Not just because he can catch a ball. He's only been around one season and those catches are really all he's known for. The rest of those guys put up multiple good seasons.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, our offense just couldn't move the ball against that Broncos' secondary and pass rush. Their receivers made the difference compared to ours; neither could run the ball or pass protect so receivers that get open quicker will lead to the game winning field goal.

Thankfully, Flacco was clutch and nearly compensated for his pick-six mistake. Steve Smith... wasn't. I'm surprised he dropped that - it was total crap.

Hey, Lord Raven, that kind of thing happens... A big reason we lost to the Jets last season was AB of all things. He fumbled TWICE (once on a punt) and both resulted in Jets points. And that guy like NEVER fumbles. It was total crap too. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I doubt Steve Smith will do this often. Especially since this is his last season and he'll want to go out with a bang rather than a bump.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, the Browns finally did it yesterday. They were so terrible, I was legitimately surprised. I mean, losing by three touchdowns to the fucking JETS? I mean, I was expecting them to lose that game (As many of you may have figured out, I always expect the Browns to lose), but by ten points or less.

They look cooler now though, Steve! I mean, those new uniforms! I like them better than the old ones. Now you guys just need a real logo (srsly, what's with the boring orange helmet...). Also, Johnny Manziel doesn't look as bad as he did last year.

Or...is this not helping? xP

Eagles just don't start playing until the second half for some reason? lol

Also, Ron Rivera said Luke Kuechly's okay! That's such awesome news. Losing Kelvin Benjamin was bad enough for the Panthers, I can't imagine watching them without Luke! It didn't say whether he'll play in week 2 or not though.