2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Actually, yeah, Da Bear is right. Peterson was in trouble for abusing his kid, remember? I'd say that's worse than smoking a little weed.

Are you kidding me? He spanked his kid because his momma spanked his ass and it's one of the best ways of teaching your kids not to do shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CpKKQrhqkw

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, that's not what anyone else thought. Also, he apparently hit his kid so hard that he injured her. That's not right. Spanking is one thing, but if you INJURE your child, that's abuse.

The Chiefs should be demoted to the Canadian Football League after that performance last night.

And in that case, we promote the Calgary Stampeders to take their place.

Are you kidding me? He spanked his kid because his momma spanked his ass and it's one of the best ways of teaching your kids not to do shit.

Not sure if you were trying to be amusing with the video, but hitting a 4 year old with a tree branch causing multiple lacerations and drawing blood goes beyond the scope of parental discipline.

for the record it was multiple lacerations all over the leg and some bleeding from the scrotum. There's pictures of the leg lacerations online if you care to look for them, the bleeding is something that was reported but obviously won't be reported in picture format. It's actually gruesome to look at since he's a 4 year old

this is what Adrian Peterson got in trouble for

He's clean now. He only did that because of YOUR bad influence RB, Blount. He's not doing that crap anymore.

most people in the nfl do weed. even peyton manning loves his reefer

Not sure if you were trying to be amusing with the video, but hitting a 4 year old with a tree branch causing multiple lacerations and drawing blood goes beyond the scope of parental discipline.

It's called a switch and to non-Americans, it's actually normal in society. My dad used to get the belt back in South Africa. And I mean the buckle side.

In any regard, I'm running a new segment in here. I call it "Life's Betting Corner". Here I lay out my favourite best from the week based on the Friday money line. I'm also using PinnacleSports as my site.

As a side note, I put up a friendly bet in my bar for a 24.5 Over/Under on the 2nd half of Packers/Bears. Some guy took the Over and the score was at 24 until Cutler's garbage time TD. Wasn't happy especially since I set the line for it.

Team         Spread and Odds    Money Line     Over/Under and Odds

Texans         +3    -101          +143          Over 39.5   -102
Panthers       -3    -109          -158          Under 39.5  -108

Buccaneers     +10   -117          +393          Over 47     -111
Saints         -10   +106          -460          Under 47    +101

49ers          +6.5  -105          +252          Over 45.5   -105
Steelers       -6.5  -105          -285          Under 45.5  -105

Lions          +2    -105          +111          Over 43     -110
Vikings        -2    -105          -123          Under 43    +100

Patriots       -1    -102          +100          Over 44     -110
Bills          +1    -108          -110          Under 44    +100

Cardinals      -2    +100          -120          Over 46.5   -105
Bears          +2    -110          +110          Under 46.5  -105

Titans         -1.5  -119          -125          Over 41.5   +100
Browns         +1.5  +108          +113          Under 41.5  -110

Chargers       +3.5  -111          +153          Over 46.5   -110
Bengals        -3.5  +101          -170          Under 46.5  +100

Rams           -3    -110          -155          Over 41     -101
Redskins       +3    +100          +140          Under 41    -109

Falcons        +2.5  +102          +125          Over 51     -110
Giants         +2.5  -113          -138          Under 51    +100

Ravens         -6.5  -110          -275          Over 42.5   -105
Raiders        +6.5  +100          +244          Under 42.5  -105

Dolphins       -5.5  -105          -230          Over 41.5   -105
Jaguars        +5.5  -105          -205          Under 41.5  -105

Cowboys        +5    -110          +181          Over 55     -105
Eagles         -5    +100          -202          Under 55    -105

Seahawks       +3.5  -105          +166          Over 49     -102
Packers        -3.5  -105          -185          Under 49    -108

Jets           +7    -108          +273          Over 46.5   -105
Colts          -7    -102          -310          Under 46.5  -105

I have a little game we can play.

Every person starts with $500 (not real money, just mock). You can bet on any game you want as much as you want up to that 500. At the end of the week, you bank your winnings. Start over the next week with another $500. Rinse and repeat until the end of the season.

Winner gets bragging rights and everyone must submit a photo praising the winner's team. And yes, that means that if a Pats fan wins, I will praise the Pats in a photo.

Sounds cool? If someone wants an explanation of how the lines work, feel free to ask me. Lines close at the start of said game.

NOW, the part you've been waiting for. My personal favourite bets:

- Under in Bills/Pats. Bills held a very potent Colts team to 14 garbage points and only put up 27 themselves. If they get an early lead on NE (or vice versa), I don't expect either team to run up the score as to limit mistakes.

- Steelers are 6.5 favourites against the 49ers. Only thing that concerns me is Pittsburgh's run defense but even so, I think they'll put up a lot of points on San Francisco. Even money bet also makes me smile at that one.

EDIT: I had accidentally confused the 49ers with the Falcons. In any regard, I think San Fran's win last week said a lot more about the Vikings than it did the 49ers.

- Cowboys (+5) in Philly. My dad would be going nuts at this line. Cowboys are the only team from the NFCE that I fear this year and I'm still scared with no Dez Bryant. It's almost as if everyone forgot that Tony Romo played the entire second half without Dez and he simply got injured on the last play of the game. Also, Eagles are much worse than people want to believe because Chip Kelly's been playing 53 Man Shuffle with this team and all I see is a collection of players; not a real team. I'd go money line too but this spread is just too nice for me.

- Under in Miami/Jax. Neither team can score points effectively and Jacksonville is going to be eating sacks all game (hello Doug Marrone, welcome back to the AFCE!). I don't see more than 35 points in this game, never mind 41.5.

Alrighty! Who's down? If you have questions about how the lines work, send me a PM.

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

It's called a switch and to non-Americans, it's actually normal in society. My dad used to get the belt back in South Africa. And I mean the buckle side.

Americans actually use corporal punishment fairly frequently- it's Western European nations that have generally banned it. Your statement makes little sense when looking at the facts. In this particular instance, people were primarily offended by the severity of the punishment and injuries involved not the use of it period.

http://www.med.unc.edu/www/newsarchive/2010/august/corporal-punishment-of-children-remains-common-worldwide-unc-studies-find

The Niners played the Vikings last week, the Falcons almost let the Eagles back into the game.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I dunno, my parents are foreign and they used to hit me and get hit but they would never do it until this happened.

http://dailysnark.com/pictures-adrian-petersons-sons-beating-wounds-emerge/

Furthermore, even if their parents did it to them until that happened - that is extremely barbaric. Did your dad's belt leave a ton of actual scars and cuts down your leg?

Uh, Oogie, Steelers' secondary is far worse than the run defense... Didn't you see how Edelman and Gronk ran around all day? I don't remember any Pats' RB getting as much attention as they did.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, Oogie, Steelers' secondary is far worse than the run defense... Didn't you see how Edelman and Gronk ran around all day? I don't remember any Pats' RB getting as much attention as they did.

I thought that the Steelers secondary wasn't that bad even though Gronk would periodically get way too open. Personally, Gronk presents a mismatch in the receiving game that the 49ers don't have to exploit. I mean really, who's Kaep's best receiver? An aging Anquin Boldin who only averaged 9 ypc? Vernon Davis is also pretty old... I mean for god sakes, Hyde alone had more yards on the ground than Kaep did through the air. I don't see a potential air attack for the 49ers here.

Anyone wanna take any of the bets I've laid out?

You've got a point about the Niners' air game. And maybe I'm just thinking too much about last season where the run D was definitely better than the secondary. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow at 1 PM, I suppose.

The Steelers were better defending against the run rather than the pass last year (#30 in pass defense DVOA, #17 in run defense DVOA). The Niners definitely look to be a run first team this year so that might help the Steelers a bit.

Forgot I left a statement about AP being a hero or something. That was sarcasm, people. AP whips his kid. And he's old.

I was just shitting around with Ana who was talking about how AWESOME so and so Steelers player is. I cope in my own ways, leave me alone

But Bell IS awesome! Antonio Brown too. Those two and Ben aren't considered the best triplets in the league for nothing! Bell is considered the best RB because he can not only run the ball, but he can keep it in his hands and catch it too. He caught over 80 balls last season. Oh, and did I mention that he's also a good blocker? Bell does it all!

AB was the leading receiver last year in receptions and yards (and he was competing with Bell, Bryant, and Wheaton for those receptions and yards on top of that). He still has competition from guys like Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson for the title of best WR overall, but I honestly put all three of them guys at the top.

And of course, Big Ben is Big Ben.

Oh, another tidbit: the Steelers were the only team last season to get their QB and RB to win Fed Ex Air and Ground Players of the Week in the same week. That means lots of people agreed that they passed AND ran the ball really well. And says more about Bell and Big Ben.

There's a reason that these three and Bryant are called the Killer B's these days too! Though that nickname also stems from that huge game vs the Colts since it was a huge game and the Steelers were wearing the bumblebee suits in that one. :P

Edited by Anacybele

But Bell IS awesome! Antonio Brown too. Those two and Ben aren't considered the best triplets in the league for nothing! Bell is considered the best RB because he can not only run the ball, but he can keep it in his hands and catch it too. He caught over 80 balls last season. Oh, and did I mention that he's also a good blocker? Bell does it all!

AB was the leading receiver last year in receptions and yards (and he was competing with Bell, Bryant, and Wheaton for those receptions and yards on top of that). He still has competition from guys like Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson for the title of best WR overall, but I honestly put all three of them guys at the top.

And of course, Big Ben is Big Ben.

Oh, another tidbit: the Steelers were the only team last season to get their QB and RB to win Fed Ex Air and Ground Players of the Week in the same week. That means lots of people agreed that they passed AND ran the ball really well. And says more about Bell and Big Ben.

There's a reason that these three and Bryant are called the Killer B's these days too! Though that nickname also stems from that huge game vs the Colts since it was a huge game and the Steelers were wearing the bumblebee suits in that one. :P

1. But they're not the best triplets in the league? I'd rather have Luck/Gore/Hilton or Rodgers/Lacey/Jones (Nelson is injured right now).

2. It's a fucking popularity contest that doesn't mean shit. The Bills could be perfect and nobody would vote for them because who votes for Buffalo?

The majority seems to think that Ben, Brown, and Bell are the best though, is what I'm saying. I didn't actually say I agree. I don't know enough about other triplets to form a solid opinion. But I do agree that they are VERY good.

The majority seems to think that Ben, Brown, and Bell are the best though, is what I'm saying. I didn't actually say I agree. I don't know enough about other triplets to form a solid opinion. But I do agree that they are VERY good.

What majority? I want some empirical proof before you start claiming opinion as fact.

Ben/Bell/Brown is pretty good. I don't think they're as good as Rodgers/Lacy/Jones (Nelson) but still a formidable group to worry about.

You can kind of statistically prove Ben, Bell and Brown are one of the best or the best triplet coming out of 2014.

How I'll determine it is the total amount of yards the group creates, touchdowns, completion percents and possibly other noteworthy stats that might justify how good the group is. I'll compare it with other notable triplets from the 2014 season and possibly some historical ones if I feel like it. I won't be counting the Quarterback's total passing stats but will be including his rushing and personal stats with their Runningback and Wide Receiver.

Take these with a grain of salt because stats don't say everything.

[spoiler=2014 Steelers Trio]

The Killer Bs had the highest total tackles broken as a group in the 2014 season, Ben with 8, Brown 18, and Bell with 59 (Lynch has 88).

85 total tackles broken

Ben to Brown:

129 catches out of 181 targets. 71% completion rate.

1698 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Ben to Bell:

83 catches out of 105 targets. 79% completion rate.

854 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Brown (Rushing):

4 attempts 13 yards. 3.3 YPC.

Bell (Rushing):

290 attempts 1361 yards. 4.7 YPC. 8 TDs.

Ben (Rushing):

33 attempts 27 yards. 5 fumbles.

tl;dr Out of 613 attempts the Killer Bs have made 3953 All-Purpose Yards or 6 yards per attempt. 2552 yards receiving, and 1401 yards rushing. Ben throwing Bell or Brown is a 74% completion rate. They as a group have scored 24 touchdowns, 16 touchdowns receiving and 8 touchdowns respectively. With only 5 turnovers.

I'll compare them to Rodgers/Lacy/Nelson and Romo/Murray/Bryant may add on the Seahawks but do they even have Wide Receivers? :Kappa:....(will edit them in shortly just need to take a break before posting stats.)

I think the best triplet right now is actually Stafford/Abdullah/Johnson.

Abdullah is just so explosive, Stafford has quite the arm and Johnson is a match-up nightmare.

Honorable mention to Smith/Charles/Maclin.

The only one who really pulls this group is Charles, Smith is good at what he does and Maclin is an ok receiver.

EDIT: I forgot Antonio Brown also returns punts, I won't be counting those because it also inflates stats.

Edited by ~Summer~

1. But they're not the best triplets in the league? I'd rather have Luck/Gore/Hilton or Rodgers/Lacey/Jones (Nelson is injured right now).

you gotta be kidding me with gore

hes 34 years old

ben/bell/brown are overrated anyway. if their OL is shit then i doubt they'd go anywhere, and antonio brown's catches accomplishment is due to high volume passing and basically relying on him. if brown gets an ACL tear then Ben will probably look like the mediocre ben of old

2. It's a fucking popularity contest that doesn't mean shit. The Bills could be perfect and nobody would vote for them because who votes for Buffalo?

this is indeed correct

you gotta be kidding me with gore

hes 34 years old

Man, I watched and rewatched the Bills/Colts. If our front 7 hadn't been on par like they were (and this was with Marcell serving a suspension and Corbin Bryant starting), Gore could have easily put up 90+ yards.

The real reason why Indy couldn't move the ball down the field is that they got absolutely no extra yards. I don't think the Bills blew a single tackle than entire game and I'm used to Buffalo routinely missing tackles. Every time a receiver caught the ball, there was a Bills LB/CB/S instantly there to make the play. It mattered in both the run and pass games.

So yes, Gore might be 34 years old but he's going to have some monster games this year when he plays soft defenses (I'm looking at you, Jacksonville).

Well, it doesn't matter, I still think they're VERY good, not just "pretty good." No argument's gonna change my opinion there. Sorry. :P

For the ten millionth time, I don't care about your opinion. I do, however, want you to stop spouting opinion as known fact.

If you have an opinion, that's great. It's like a penis. You're entitled to it but not everyone here needs to know every little fact about it.

Edited by Oogie Fletzet

According to 2014 DYAR, Roethlisberger was the #1 QB, Bell was the #5 RB, and Brown was the #1 receiver. Green Bay is right behind them though 2/6/2. Romo/Murray/Bryant were also close with 5/1/5. Next best was probably the Broncos with 3/7/3.

So based on last year, it's a reasonable assertion to call them the best.