2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to avoid snap judgments...but the NFL season also isn't that long. Since 1990, only ~11 percent of teams to start 0-2 have made the playoffs. 0-3 falls to 2 percent, which means the 0-2 teams losing this week is pretty much a disaster. I think it's a bit early to crown 'em, but the eliminations are more clear.

It is good to avoid snap judgments...but the NFL season also isn't that long. Since 1990, only ~11 percent of teams to start 0-2 have made the playoffs. 0-3 falls to 2 percent, which means the 0-2 teams losing this week is pretty much a disaster. I think it's a bit early to crown 'em, but the eliminations are more clear.

Yeah, definitely. We can probably make safe playoff predictions, but it's too early to go beyond that.

Speaking of predictions, I almost forgot my game picks. :P

Redskins vs Giants: Redskins have looked up and down already... Giants keep botching leads. It's a tough call. So I'm going with the home team here.

Bengals vs Ravens: The way the Ravens are looking so far, I have to say the tigers are going to have some birds for lunch. It'll probably be close though, because of Average Andy and the fact that this matchup has been close a lot lately.

Saints vs Panthers: This one's an easy pick for me, I don't even need to be biased. The Saints have looked bad, they probably won't have their QB, and the Panthers are at home. AND even without two starting receivers, they can STILL put up points!

Raiders vs Browns: Unless Manziel gets back in there, I think the Raiders will take this for sure. Josh McCown isn't as good as Derek Carr.

Falcons vs Cowboys: Srsly, the Cowboys don't have either of their two star players anymore, whereas the Georgia birds still boast Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Buccaneers vs Texans: Kind of a hard call, I think I'll say Bucs because Jameis Winston is probably better than any QB the Texans have.

Chargers vs Vikings: Another tough one... Adrian Peterson actually did stuff last week though, and the Vikings are at home, so I'll say them for now.

Jaguars vs Patriots: I don't think this needs an explanation... xP Even though I'd much rather see the Jags win.

Eagles vs Jets: I dunno if the Eagles can take on that Jets' D... And the Jets are at home.

Steelers vs Rams: Yeeeah, unless the Rams from week 1 appear, I don't see them beating this explosive offense. Might be close regardless though.

Colts vs Titans: Neither of these teams are looking that good... lol Mariota had a hell of a debut, but after that, he seemed to collapse. Andrew Luck's Colts seem like they'll need their QB's name no matter what. Still, Luck has more experience than Mariota and is a good QB, so I'll pick the Colts.

49ers vs Cardinals: The Niners suck lol. The Cardinals do not. :P And the red birds are at home.

Bills vs Dolphins: Bills look pretty decent, Dolphins, not so much...

Bears vs Seahawks: Another one that needs no explanation...lol

Broncos vs Lions: Broncos have just looked a little better, if you ask me.

Chiefs vs Packers: Chiefs aren't really that great and when was the last time the Packers lost at home? lol

I'd say judging units individual is what the issue is. Whether or not a team is/was good is something you cannot definitively say until the season is over and we can give hindsight to everything.

I don't think some things like the 2008 Cardinals being an absolutely fucking awful team that should not even touched a Super Bowl is something people realized until a few years later.

Edited by Lord Raven

I'd say judging units individual is what the issue is. Whether or not a team is/was good is something you cannot definitively say until the season is over and we can give hindsight to everything.

I don't think some things like the 2008 Cardinals being an absolutely fucking awful team that should not even touched a Super Bowl is something people realized until a few years later.

That season was a miracle till the very end.

But yeah we really shouldn't have made it that year.

Kurt Warner truly is the NFL jesus. I believe he would have been the GOAT if he didn't spend most of his career in the shadows.

The Rams and Cardinals combined have had only 8 playoff appearances in the past 25 years. He was QB for 6 of them.....

Edited by Team Alucard

Just listing my ESPN picks, winners in bold:

Redskins vs Giants

Falcons vs Cowboys

Bengals vs Ravens

Raiders vs Browns

Colts vs Titans

Steelers vs Rams

Chargers vs Vikings

Jaguars vs Pats

Saints vs Panthers

Eagles vs Jets

Buccaneers vs Texans

49ers vs Cardinals

Bills vs Dolphins

Bears vs Seahawks

Broncos vs Lions

Chiefs vs Packers

So, the Steelers are going to keep doing 2-point conversions. They say it's because they feel comfortable doing it more these days and all, but honestly, the real reason has to be Scobee sucking so much at FGs. xP

So, the Steelers are going to keep doing 2-point conversions. They say it's because they feel comfortable doing it more these days and all, but honestly, the real reason has to be Scobee sucking so much at FGs. xP

It's an interesting plan- could win things for them or backfire terribly.

Yes Ana, your team needs to continue making this division easier for us to win :P:

Rams do have some really good players and they are prone to granting some crunching injuries, will still have to be careful.

harbaugh showcasing his gigantic balls in this game, even though we're down 14-7

- Jimmy Smith int when covering green after being torched all day

- Converting a 4th and 3 off a fake punt

- Going for it on 4th and 5 from midfield and scoring a touchdown

lets keep this up

Edited by Lord Raven

4 minutes left

COME ON DEFENSE DONT CHOKE

EDIT: I am also furious that I benched Ravens D for Jets D. Ravens D got me 6 more points than Jets D so far (pending) and I also put Donte Montcrief over Steve Smith which is a 25 points swing. Steve Smith got 37 and Montcrief got like 11...

My friend said it best.

[12:55:12] <Gfoley4> LRaven[bAL]: bruh you scored the most points last week being a homer so why not this week?

EDIT 2: COME ON

Edited by Lord Raven