2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

What? Vick never fumbled at all on Thursday. Meanwhile, Flacco had his ball bounce off his knee. Also, he single-handedly duped your D by telling Bell where to run and then making a block for him so he could get a TD. He also got some first downs by himself. He made a beautiful pass to AB that he should've caught for a TD.

Vick DID fumble vs the Rams, but that was one time so far.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick fumbled all the time before this season and it's not like he'll be changing this habit 15 years later, wtf are you talking about

Every QB has made a block before, Vick is nothing special here

Vick fumbled all the time before this season and it's not like he'll be changing this habit 15 years later, wtf are you talking about

Every QB has made a block before, Vick is nothing special here

Yet he didn't fumble at all against the Ravens. Things can change, you know. He looked good enough, so I've got confidence. And every QB has fumbled at least once too. Ben has fumbled, that doesn't mean he's going to get worse or fumble a lot.

You're just biased because a Steeler team led by him very nearly and should have beaten your Ravens.

Edited by Anacybele

Fuck I had a long ass post but it got killed so I'll summarize the points

- Stop bringing this back to my fucking team, just because I'm criticizing a Steelers player doesn't mean you need to take it personally and bring an attack back

- Michael Vick's stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/- notice how his years with few fumbles were years he didn't play much

- Nobody has trusted Vick to start since 2011 because of his propensity to fumble and get injured

- A game and a half sample size is nothing compared to nearly 12 seasons of play

- Vick takes a ton of unnecessary sacks, like on Thursday where he was in the pocket for a while and trying to make a play but BAM he's not 24 anymore and he's not fast enough to evade defenders

- Vick has fumbled twice in a game and a half and it's a joke you don't think he's fumble prone because of one fumble free game. You're extrapolating great play from a game and a half of not really doing much despite having the weapons to do a lot over a career filled with fumbles, injuries, dropped passes because he has no sense of touch, and at times very poor accuracy.

I'm not telling you that Vick is shit or the Steelers season is over but keep a level head about this guy. Every QB has laid down a block at some point, especially when they're near the end of their career and are desperate to win, so I wouldn't put too much stock in that because it was one play and if he keeps it up there's no guarantee he'll be playing much.

You should expect maybe that Vick can do well next week. But I doubt Vick will get much of anything done against Arizona. Ben's expected back by KC.

Don't even talk shit about my team being lucky in that game. I don't care how lucky you may claim we got, because we lost our two best wide receivers in the middle of the game and there's no way in hell Vick could keep up if we had Steve Smith, Michael Campanaro, or hell even Crockett Gillmore (who was out before the game) playing instead of injured.

Edited by Lord Raven

Sure, he dropped that TD pass (which might've been due to Vick being left-handed. My mom said the ball spins in the other direction with a left-handed thrower, and that can affect how you catch it. I saw that she was right, the ball DOES spin the other way when thrown with the left hand rather than the right), but he beat out Jimmy Smith for it, and he still made some other good plays.

Yah it does spin the other way.

That's a similar reason to why Bill Belichick and Chip Kelly love left-footed punters. (Even though Bill Belichick claims it's a "coincidence" dark lord Belichick truly knows this)

When the punter kicks with his left foot the ball has a different spin to it. Most returners catch punts from right-footed punters and this difference in spin makes the ball harder to catch. It has also been statistically proven that it increases the chance of muffs occuring when catching a punt.

Which is pretty cool if you ask me ^^.

punts.png?w=594

but the percentage is so small, that it probably doesn't matter too much what "footed" punter you have, and consider that 30% of these muffs were recovered by the kicking team.

EDIT: I consider this like fighting a Southpaw in boxing.

There's no true advantage to a left-footed punter other than experience. Due to the matchup between a left-orientated fighter/player is not very common, they automatically have an advantage solely in experience.

Edited by ~Summer~

Another heartbreaking loss :/

Anyway, picks for next week:

Colts at Texans- Luck is probably playing, although I might pick them even with Hasselbeck. They have issues, but the Texans are a complete mess on both sides of the ball right now (people still think they're not bad for some reason though?)

Browns at Ravens- Ravens at home on a long week...Browns are scrappy, but do you really want to pick them? Yeah, me neither.

Rams at Packers- Rams were impressive last week, but Rodgers at home is too good of a bet to pick against.

Bills at Titans- Titans are home after a bye and the Bills looked bad(especially offensively) last week- but I like the Bills to bounce back against a team that's not very good.

Saints at Eagles- Both teams are underperforming offensively...Saints looked a little better and I'm tired of getting burned picking the Eagles.

Redskins at Falcons- Falcons are looking good on both sides of the ball right now- Redskins might not be totally terrible but they're still not good.

Seahawks at Bengals- Seahawks coming off a short week traveling east, Dalton at home at 1pm looks like a good Bengals pick. It's a better defense than any the Bengals have played so far though.

Bears at Chiefs- Chiefs finally get to play a not undefeated team. Bears did some good things last week, but I think they're outmatched talent wise here.

Jaguars at Bucs- Call me a homer, but picking the Bucs just isn't something I want to do. Bucs haven't won at home since December 8 2013, Jags haven't won on the road since December 1 2013. Something's got to give.

Cardinals at Lions- Cardinals showed some possible weaknesses last week...but the Lions just seem to find ways to lose, hard to have any confidence in them.

Patriots at Cowboys- Patriots coming off the bye, Brady lighting it up, Cowboys still limited with Weeden...yeah.

Broncos at Raiders- Last week was a reality check for the Raiders, this will probably be another one. If they couldn't do much against the Bears defense, the Broncos will probably not be kind to them.

Niners at Giants- Giants are playing pretty well right now actually, surprisingly so on defense. Niners are a mess, can't seem to do anything on offense.

Steelers at Chargers- Steelers offense looked limited in the passing game against the Ravens, Bell could have a big game here though as the Chargers run D is suspect. I think Rivers can expose a questionable Steelers secondary here, especially with Gates coming back they're much better at throwing the ball than what the Steelers have seen the past few weeks.

Idk the Browns could do damage.

Their offense has been producing but their defense has been shit lately. At the same time, at least the Ravens can run the ball all over the Browns, while the Browns can't do so all over the Ravens.

Also the Raider are GOAT, they can beat the Broncos easily :Kappa: ...fuck the Raiders.

Edited by ~Summer~

Cynthia, really? The Chargers look bad this season and the Steelers are getting Bryant back and have no injured receivers or RBs. Limited in the passing game? lol no.

And the Steelers having a worse passing game? The Rams game, maybe, but did you forget the thrashing of the Niners? Not having Ben does hinder it a little though. >_<

Cynthia, really? The Chargers look bad this season and the Steelers are getting Bryant back and have no injured receivers or RBs. Limited in the passing game? lol no.

And the Steelers having a worse passing game? The Rams game, maybe, but did you forget the thrashing of the Niners? Not having Ben does hinder it a little though. >_<

The Steelers only managed 124 yards passing against the Ravens. Raiders had 351, Bengals had 383 so it was definitely an area the Steelers could have exploited but didn't.

Edited by -Cynthia-

That was because they ran the ball a lot (due in part to Bell being there) more than usual. Vick was still shaking off some rust and all, and it can be hard to get receivers to work well with a new QB. Ben's always been in like perfect sync with his receivers, Vick suddenly coming in changes things up because he's not so used to them like that. I think they'll pass some more against the Chargers with Vick feeling a bit more comfortable and Martavis Bryant the deep threat being there to add to the nice pool of weapons. They have a longer week to practice this time too because the Steelers won't be playing again until Monday.

Edited by Anacybele

Vick didn't throw many balls deep either. He's not Big Ben. The coaches were too worried (rightfully so) about his accuracy at the time. He missed some short throws, for god sake. But he still made some nice passes, so he can fix his accuracy a little more. Like I said, he wasn't completely in sync with the rest of the offense yet, and yet the team still made opportunities to win (and should've won). They'll be better on Monday, I can just feel it.

The defense also will get Ryan Shazier back. Glad he wasn't out long. The D did good without him, though, so he's only gonna boost it further again. Hopefully the offense will be on the field more now.

If I'm wrong though, and the Steelers are poor on Monday... Well, I'll just say I'll be REALLY surprised.

EDIT: Oh yeah, another thing, I don't think the Steelers have had back-to-back losses since that 0-4 start a couple years ago. Could change though... I just hope it doesn't right now.

Edited by Anacybele

I agree with Ana on this one. The Steelers may not be doing so hot right now, but the Chargers just barely beat THE BROWNS. When you can't beat the Cleveland Browns by at least a touchdown, you're in serious trouble against an actual NFL team.

Other than that, those picks are pretty solid.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I need to make my own picks here shortly. Oh yeah, and for fuck's sake, Ryan Shazier needs to stop getting freaking injured all the time in the first place. That was the third time in his career already, and his career is barely past one season.

Btw, I've made up some Steelers puns! Well, not all of them, actually. A couple of these I heard from other fans.

Vick-tory!

Ben there, done that.

Nothin' Tuitt!

Saved by the Bell (definitely didn't come up with that one, lol, but it's still good!)

Golden opportunity. (Robert Golden, yo)

Make some Brown-ies!

Berry good punt! (Jordan Berry, the punter!)

Edited by Anacybele

I agree with Ana on this one. The Steelers may not be doing so hot right now, but the Chargers just barely beat THE BROWNS. When you can't beat the Cleveland Browns by at least a touchdown, you're in serious trouble against an actual NFL team.

Other than that, those picks are pretty solid.

Mind you like half our team were out that game.

We'll be a little bit healthier against the Steelers...like a 4th of who was injured come back maybe...I hope...

I hope TT releases Donald Brown again or we make some sort of move that allows us to try out stud practice squad receiver Tyrell Williams. Dude is under the radar. I am really surprised he hasn't been picked up by receiver needy teams like the Ravens, Chiefs, Panthers or Jets. BUT, we do get Antonio Gates back which is a huge factor and change for this offense.

Edited by ~Summer~

The Steelers need this win too after that dumb loss to the Ravens. They just need to survive enough without Ben until he comes back. Also, an article on NFL.com proves my point about Vick. AB said that his timing is a little off and that's due to not being quite in sync like Ben would. That they all have to be on the same page. He's got a long week now to work on that, so Vick should be a bit better on Monday night.

Yet, the people in the comments section of this article, just...wow. I always thought that the people that commented on these articles were nothing but rude assholes, but they're just downright stupid here, accusing AB of just being a dick and not taking any blame for himself because of his ONE dropped pass. Yes, he should've caught it. But that's not the whole reason Vick wasn't quite in sync, that's on a lack of practice for Vick and that was just his FIRST official game as a Steeler. And AB doesn't sound at ALL like he's trash talking Vick. He's giving his honest, constructive view. He's a top wideout in the league and a pro. He was asked what he thought, and he answered.

He's also frustrated that his 5-catch 50 yd streak ended. Poor guy, I'd be frustrated too... He made it last SO long, only for it to end because Ben couldn't throw to him, basically. Though, he shouldn't dwell on it, he can always make another streak. :)

Also, Tomlin has said that they're working on making the offense adapt to Vick's skillset, not the other way around. Which I think is the right idea, because you can't turn Vick into Ben 2.0, he just doesn't have the same skills. Go Tomlin. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, my game picks.

Colts vs Texans: I WOULD pick the Colts here, and I do think they'll win if they have Luck or Hasselbeck. But BOTH of them are merely questionable, which leaves Indy with...who exactly, for a QB? lol Even the Texans gotta have a better QB at this point. So if Luck and Hasselbeck are both out, I pick the Texans. If not, Colts all the way.

Redskins vs Falcons: Georgia birds are on a roll, man. And they're at home.

Browns vs Ravens: The Ravens barely beat a mistake-prone Steeler team and Flacco has no receivers anymore since his best ones got hurt. He's also turnover prone all of a sudden. The Browns look pretty decent this year.

Seahawks vs Bengals: This is a tough call, they're both good. But I think that Seahawks D could give Dalton a hard time, so I think I'll pick them. I need the Bengals to finally lose anyway. xP So please please please help the Steelers, Seahawks...

Rams vs Packers: The Packers usually get it done at home, though they're facing a brutal defense here. Tough call. Gonna stick with the Packers though, just cause they're at home.

Bears vs Chiefs: The Bears are just bad this year. And the Chiefs are at home.

Saints vs Eagles: I think the Eagles are a bit better. This would be nice for my Panthers too. :3

Jaguars vs Buccaneers: Neither of these two teams are good. lol But the Jags boast the better QB and defense, so I'm going with them.

Bills vs Titans: Bills are better right now, Mariota's a work in progress, methinks. He's looking decent so far though.

Cardinals vs Lions: Does this need any explanation? :P

Patriots vs Cowboys: See above.

Broncos vs Raiders: The Raiders are looking decent now, but I don't think they're good enough to beat the Broncos yet.

49ers vs Giants: Niners suck. lol

Steelers vs Chargers: The Steelers still don't have Ben, but Vick looked good enough to win in just his first game (other team members caused the loss... There was some weird choices by the coaches too) and Martavis Bryant and Ryan Shazier are back! Much needed boost to both offense AND defense! The Steelers also haven't lost back to back games in a couple years and haven't lost on Monday night in who knows how long. This could change, but it's not likely, imo. This team needs to win here too.

Edited by Anacybele