2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if a rule makes the game safer for players, I'm all for it. There shouldn't be anyone that doesn't care if players get hurt.

That sort of turns us back full circle, with the whole collective bargaining agreement; I don't think the NFL really cares about players except as a commodities, which is fair because players only care about their teams for the money they can earn. Football isn't really a safe game, in fact it's violent, bloody, and cruel. I understand the rule changes, I'm just sort of a fuddy duddy who likes old fashioned bloody trench football. The game isn't conducive to that right now.

What? Seriously? You must not have heard of a sport called rugby then. Rugby is exactly like football, except there are no helmets or pads. THAT is a cruel, bloody, and violent sport.

Edited by Anacybele

What? Seriously? You must not have heard of a sport called rugby then. Rugby is exactly like football, except there are no helmets or pads. THAT is a cruel, bloody, and violent sport.

I say they're both cruel, bloody and violent.

I actually think football is MORE VIOLENT going off my current experience playing.

Because coaches tell you "you have pads and a helmet on" to encourage you to be more reckless and slightly more careless about taking care of yourself.

At least from rugby players they in some way or another are thought to "protect yourself."

I think that's the biggest difference between the physicality of football and rugby.

Edited by ~Summer~

A bunch of people crunched some numbers and football players on average experience hits that are like 3-4x as powerful as Rugby players. Rugby players also don't describe their Sunday afternoons or Mondays as if they got into a car crash, either.

Rugby players have significantly better technique which ultimately does make it safer than football.

Edited by Lord Raven

Okay, well, people should still always care about player safety. Earning money isn't worth broken bones or torn muscles or anything like that. Also, the NFL website had posted this article awhile back saying that a study was showing a lot of former football players exhibiting brain problems. You know, probably from concussions or other hits to the head. It's sad and I feel bad for those players.

Heck, Law & Order: SVU actually has an episode based around that. A former football player was showing signs of being really messed up in the head after doing weird shit and not remembering it, and it turned out that he'd had a lot of concussions and such while playing.

Okay, well, people should still always care about player safety. Earning money isn't worth broken bones or torn muscles or anything like that. Also, the NFL website had posted this article awhile back saying that a study was showing a lot of former football players exhibiting brain problems. You know, probably from concussions or other hits to the head. It's sad and I feel bad for those players.

You mean that article on Daryl Talley?

Miami looks bad. Really, really bad.

As I typed that, Tannehill took another sack. Forget the defense, Miami has OL problems. And I want Miami to win because I don't want a 3-1 Jets squad.

Edited by Life

The only thing I don't like about this Jets game is I forgot to start Ivory on my fantasy team.

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Fuck fantasy.

Miami's run stop is horrendous. I thought it was just a fluke with Karlos absolutely destroying them last week but Chris Ivory's having a career day. And Stacy's got a TD now. 27-7.

I think we might have given up more yards on penalties then the Dolphins have on offense.

Edit: Jets: 10 Penalties, 136 yards. Dolphins Offense: 53 Passing yards, 44 Rushing yards.

Edited by Lord Gaius

We should start a betting pool where everyone chips in 5 bucks and names the quarterback they think is going down for the week. Split the pot of multiple winners.

Brady next week.

Panthers got a fumble recovery on the second snap of the game. Wow, Bucs, wow. lol

What's with the o-line all of a sudden though? They offered Cam Newton little protection and they had to settle for a field goal despite starting off at the Tampa 20. Good to see Jonathan Stewart in there though, after having some kind of injury. Yet, Luke Kuechly doesn't appear to be back. :( Man, it SUCKS not being able to watch this with him in it!

EDIT: And a PICK SIX! Holy crap. Josh Norman, pretty much a mirror of the pick six he did vs the Jaguars. Crazy. But he just HAD to be a fool and do an unnecessary celebration and cost 15 yards. I mean, sometimes celebrating a little is okay, but what he did was just...no.

Edited by Anacybele

Bills have two straight 3-and-outs. Looks like Sammy really is huge for the offense. Giants D is playing pretty lights out right now and I'm worried about their offense because they're playing hurry-up from the get-go.

Defense showed up today. 1/2/3/OUT. Strong in Buffalo, the 13th man is!

Offense can't move the ball though and turned it over for a turnaround TD.

Edited by Life

Man, the Bucs' kicker might be as bad as Scobee... They even compared Tampa's kicking issue to that of the Steelers.

Panthers got lucky here though, that's all. The defense needs to start doing better, I don't know how they can let a QB as bad as Winston (Tampa really missed out on not picking Mariota instead) march up the field as many times as he did. He turned the ball over three times, almost more!

Also, that o-line is not helping Cam much... It's a good thing he can outrun a lot of guys.

And this is a must-win for the Panthers despite being undefeated. Because the Falcons right now...

Edited by Anacybele

13-10 at the half- not bad but could have been better. If we play like we did in the first half(without gifting touchdowns with penalties), we might be able to do this.

Also for whoever was saying Frank Gore would be a big part of the offense because the Colts played the Jaguars...9 carries 6 yards.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The Bills are blowing the game courtesy to their relentless penalties, but I swear I have a gut feeling that the Giants are going to throw this game. I could finally win my second fantasy match (I need a Giants win) unless Colin Kaepernick decides to throw another 4 Int.

Man, the rain is back and making the ball slippery again... (that was a factor in the Tampa turnovers, I admit) But on the flipside, the Bucs kicker missed again. He IS as bad as Scobee. Steelers better not even think about this guy if Chris Boswell ends up not working out.

But this Florida weather is crazy. Pouring down rain, the the sun comes out and the rain stops, then it pours down rain again.

EDIT: WHOA, holy crap. lol Cam hands it off to Stewart, Stewart gets nice yards, but the ball knocked in the air, Ed Dickson happens to be right there to catch it and he runs it in for a long TD play. OMG that was crazy awesome. XD

Oh, the sun is back out again too, no more rain yet again. Can the weather make up its mind here? lol

Edited by Anacybele