2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ana, why are the Chiefs your most hated team?

2012 season - you know, the one where Jovan Belcher killed himself in front of the coaches after killing his girlfriend, and where they didn't have a lead at all until Week 10 or 11 and they went 2-14 - they played the Steelers and had a touchdown celebration which consisted of more than a few players. But, since Ana doesn't like it when HER Steelers are imperfect, she got mad at the celebration.

Four years later and this is still somehow a big deal to her, despite the fact that Chiefs fans had a really shitty season that year. I sincerely think that was probably one of the worst single-team seasons in history. Her whole grudge against them is really petty and unnecessary and sort of stomps on any sort of emotion that Chiefs fans felt during that season.

Edited by Lord Raven

man chargers vs baltimore is a great game.

two talented teams whose records don't show how good they are.

seriously fuck the raiders. our back-up o-line played 20 times better than our starters.

it's funny we nearly beat the best team in the nfl yet lose to the probably one of the worst teams in the nfl. actually the raiders have been teambuilding alright but seriously they showed up, our defense and offense however slept.

2012 season - you know, the one where Jovan Belcher killed himself in front of the coaches after killing his girlfriend, and where they didn't have a lead at all until Week 10 or 11 and they went 2-14 - they played the Steelers and had a touchdown celebration which consisted of more than a few players. But, since Ana doesn't like it when HER Steelers are imperfect, she got mad at the celebration.

No, it had nothing to do with the Steelers screwing up, it was that celebration itself that pissed me off. They were celebrating EVEN WHEN THE CALL GOT REVERSED. It was never a TD, because Ben's arm was going forward, therefore he was throwing an incomplete pass, not fumbling the ball. But the Chiefs were ohhh so happy that they got a "fumble return" that they were too busy dancing like idiots to pay attention to the refs. One or two guys celebrating a good play by doing a little dance is one thing (I'm a big fan of AB's "wiggle" and Aaron Rodgers's discount double-check), but this was way over the line and just f-ing annoying.

So yeah, I will forever hate the Chiefs for allowing such behavior.

Well, what if Flacco "fumbled" and a Steeler returned it for a "TD" then a bunch of Steelers danced in the endzone and weren't paying attention to refs reversing the call? You'd find it pretty annoying, wouldn't you?

A better team to pick for your thought experiment is a team I don't care about like the Minnesota Vikings. If they did that same shit then I would just laugh and release a sigh of relief cause it wasn't a touchdown lol. It would be pretty funny in the end too.

Well, what if Flacco "fumbled" and a Steeler returned it for a "TD" then a bunch of Steelers danced in the endzone and weren't paying attention to refs reversing the call? You'd find it pretty annoying, wouldn't you?

I'd move on like a normal human being.

I have a legitimate reason for not liking the Titans. You don't for not liking the Chiefs (who have faced more hardships in the past five years than your Steelers have faced... ever).

I'd move on like a normal human being.

I have a legitimate reason for not liking the Titans. You don't for not liking the Chiefs (who have faced more hardships in the past five years than your Steelers have faced... ever).

Music City Miracle was like 20 years ago. Gotta let it go man.

Music City Miracle was like 20 years ago. Gotta let it go man.

Last time Bills made the playoffs. Until we go to the postseason again, we'll never let it go.

I fucking hate the Titans but that's cause we were divisional rivals when I was like 8 and I've seen some of our old AFC Central games and we had a great rivalry going.

I also love how Jeff Fischer stole Trent Dilfer's playbook and still couldn't beat us cause our defense was crazy awesome. Also loving how they've had two 13-3 seasons where they were the 1-seed ruined by us.

Still don't like them though.

Team hatred tier list for me btw:

- Steelers

- Patriots

- Bengals

- Browns

- Titans

- Dolphins

Edited by Lord Raven

My hated tier list is as follows:

- Patriots

- Titans

- Steelers

- Cowboys

- Jets

- Dolphins

That's about it. I'm not even mad at the Giants simply because they've made up for it by spoiling the sure-fire 19-0 season back in '07.

- Chiefs

- Patriots

- Cowboys

- Ravens

- Raiders

That's my hatred list. xP

Also, it feels to me like the Steelers are a team that people either love or hate. There's like never someone who's just neutral to them. :P

Also, it feels to me like the Steelers are a team that people either love or hate. There's like never someone who's just neutral to them. :P

It's because they're not a likable organization and their fans are terrible.

EDIT: That's not a shot at you (you certainly have helped me developed more of a dislike for them) but rather my cousin's kids who grew up in Pittsburgh.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Only team I really dislike is the Bears. The Packers are a team that you begrudgingly respect because they're just that good, (not winning at lambeau in 20+ years is more sad than it is infuriating tbqh), and the Vikings--while nowhere near as embarrassing a franchise as the Lions--still have a fairly tortured history, so there's a bit of camaraderie going on there.

But the Bears, particularly during the Lovie Smith era, always seemed like a really shitty team that caught an unbelievable amount of lucky breaks, and always won a ton of games they absolutely should have lost (generally due to a last second defensive or special teams td). Meanwhile in addition to being a really shitty team, the Lions have had some of the worst luck imaginable. I guess you could just say I'm jealous. =P

It's because they're not a likable organization and their fans are terrible.

EDIT: That's not a shot at you (you certainly have helped me developed more of a dislike for them) but rather my cousin's kids who grew up in Pittsburgh.

Then that's Pittsburgh, not the Steelers. How are they not a likeable organization though? The Rooneys don't take bullshit, they told Ben to clean up his act or he was gone. And he did. They cut guys like Mike Wallace who were doing holdouts for more money. AB's "What it is" video series is entertaining, they've been wearing a LOT of pink for breast cancer awareness month, etc. In fact, I don't think I've seen a team that's been wearing as much pink as these guys. They support the Make-A-Wish foundation and let kids with illnesses and disabilities meet them and take pictures. They even recently allowed a kid to interview the players! And every year at Christmas, they do a Christmas carol video that is super funny. lol These guys are so awesome and many of them look like really nice dudes. Oh yeah, I believe they've also visited kids in Pittsburgh Children's Hospital.

I would think that every team has some terrible fans... And that's not the team's fault. Also, that's pretty immature of you, disliking a team more simply because of one fan.

Edited by Anacybele

Every franchise has delusional and obnoxious fans, I mean look at this sign from today's game against the Vikings.

Lions-fan-SB-10-25-15.png

Clearly she became a fan just last year, and is relatively unaccustomed to how the Lions season generally plays out. She will become broken inside like the rest of us in due time.

But by virtue of sheer numbers, the Steelers (and Cowboys, Patriots, etc.) have more obnoxious fans simply because they're the most popular teams. You're not very likely to encounter many obnoxious Lions or Browns fans, because you're not likely to encounter any Lions or Browns fans at all. =P

hatred tier list:

1. Patriots

2. Raiders

3. Raiders

4. Raiders

5. Raiders

real hatred tier list:

1. Patriots

2. Dean Spanos

3. AJ Smith

4. Norv Turner

5. Broncos

6. Ryan Leaf

7. Eli Manning

8. Peyton Manning (probably cheating because Broncos)

9. Giants (probably cheating because Eli Manning)

10. Marlon McCree

11. Jets

12. Nate Kaeding

13. Los Angeles

14. Chiefs

15. Raiders

16. Archie Manning

17. Jay Cutler

18. Colts

19. Dolphins

20. Frank Reich

Edited by ~Summer~

I figured norv turner would be #1 on that list. =P

probably and aj smith

i really need to think about the list.

EDIT: updated the list

Edited by ~Summer~

You're not very likely to encounter many obnoxious Lions or Browns fans, because you're not likely to encounter any Lions or Browns fans at all. =P

Well, you're not, but being a Baltimore fan I'm a target of their ire.

Lol thanks for the chuckle, Ana. I'm 100% for holding grudges because of silly things like that.

Also my hatred tier list has no teams. I hate all non-Patriots teams equally*

*lol jk fuq da Ravens, Giants, Pey-Pey (though it's hard to hate him this season,) Colts, Mike Tomlin, Marshall Faulk, etc.

EDIT: normally I think QB wins is a silly stat, but how about this one: Tom Brady is now 7-0 in his career against teams that rank #1 in scoring defense and total defense week 7 or later

Edited by chococoke