If you could choose the next artist for Fire Emblem, who would it be and why?

IceBrand

my god why do people fucking bring rape into all these irrelevant comparisons lay it off

ANYWAY I'd honestly want them to look for some new blood on pixiv. There's a lot of talented artists and designers out there who actually do want a job working for a company who makes game they like, but don't have enough of a name behind them to get under IS's radar. Honestly? A lot of the work I see on pixiv far out-quality many industry professionals to be honest. At least, certainly better than a number of certain DLC artists for FE13.

Out of well-known artists, Araki is a given, and I'm rather fond of Takehiko Inoue for his work in Vagabond. Gorgeous art.

Also there is me

Nintendo hire me I need a job and I have a background in character design, color theory, muscular structure the only thing I'm not qualified in is speaking Japanese ;w;

Dude, it'd be awesome if the artist(s?) for A World of Ice and Fire did some FE art. Also, aside from characters, we need more portraits of locations. I know that FE9 and 10 had some, but I don't think Awakening did (did not play much of FE11 and 12).

Miura would be cool and there actually are things that happen in Berserk besides rape. Araki would be great too, though I feel like the feel of FE would have to change even more than if Miura was doing the art.

It'd probably be great if falcom, or someone from falcom. did some FE art. Also, it'd be cool if the people who did Dragon Age art did some FE art since then there might be more older people fighting instead of mostly teenagers.

Akihiko Yoshida, character designer for Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ya, great answer.

Edited by Severlan

Oh man, it'd be great if Falcom (or...people who work at Falcom, whatever) did the art for FE. I think it would fit very well stylistically as well.

EDIT The Berserk art is like super fantastic, but it'd contrast a lot with at least Awakening, although If... might be different.

Edited by Refa

Who was the guy or gal that did the designs for Tellius? Bring them back and I'd be a happy camper. That being said overall I do like FE13 and 14's style with a few minor gripes.

IIRC, it was a lady who did the artwork for the characters in the Tellius games. She or whoever did the artwork for the GBA games would be great for the next FE game. Kozaki wouldn't be a bad choice to me though only his Awakening artwork as well as his Liberation Maiden artwork are memorable to me. Can't say anything on FE:if as the game isn't out yet.

EDIT: The artist for the Tellius games is Senri Kita -- she also did artwork for the Marth DLC in Awakening as well as the Navarre card in the Cipher TCG. Eiji Kaneda worked on FE6 and Sachiko Wada did FE7 and FE8.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fire_Emblem_related_people

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'd like to see Shigenori Soejima of the persona series do some art for the fire emblem series as his art is what got me into persona in the first place. Has a hint of realism with just enough pop IMO.

Masaki Hirooka (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia) or Hiroaki (King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)

I have a thing for how they both approach proportions and shading.

I stand by my suggestion of Kini Nishimura from the other thread (Street Fighter, Zero Escape, Code of Princess, etc. Also responsible for the DLC artwork of Est for FE13)

Edited by Jave

Tomomi Kobayashi or Ayami Kojima. I positively adore their artwork.

Code of Princess

I'd love to see how people would react if Fire Emblem got a heroine dressed like Solange. Edited by Starman

Tomomi Kobayashi or Ayami Kojima. I positively adore their artwork.

I'd love to see how people would react if Fire Emblem got a heroine dressed like Solange.

Himukai's chibi style would drive people up the wall. Especially the half-naked chibi designs.

I'd love to see Sachiko Wada come back. I don't mind Kozaki's art, though, besides some of the Awakening armor designs which apparently weren't even his idea.

I also really liked Koutarou Yamada's art for einherjar Ephraim and Hasha no Tsurugi, so I wouldn't mind him doing all the art for FE15 or something. Alm had great DLC art, too, and looking at some of Haccan's other stuff, I like his art.

As far as total newcomer suggestions go... Kekai Kotaki, I suppose.

http://www.kekaiart.com/

Masaki Hirooka (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia) or Hiroaki (King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)

I have a thing for how they both approach proportions and shading.

Now that I think about it I do remember liking the style of those games. The gritty realistic style is something FE would go well with you know with the castle medieval themes etc...

Now that I think about it I do remember liking the style of those games. The gritty realistic style is something FE would go well with you know with the castle medieval themes etc...

OMG, that's the guy who did one of Integrity's recent avatars! (check the Guild Wars 2 section of his art)