Character names that you always pronounce wrong but don't care anymore?

Kamui-of-Nohr

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wyrs I pronounce as rise the same way I pronounce Rhys I couldn't care less honestly.

Well not one I do anymore but the first week I played FE I pronounced physic as psychic.

EYE-DOON (For Idun. Though not anymore. Now I say EEE-DOON, or EEE-DOH-NEE.)

RISE (For Rhys. Trying to break that habit, though. Since REECE is the right pronunciation.)

Used to be LACK before it became LAR-SEE. (Larcei)

EL-ISS (Elice)

CELL-ISS/CELL-IF (Seliph)

SHAK-UH-SHER, then later UHL-STER. (Ulster)

SET-EEE/SED (Ced)

SHAN-UHN, then later SHAY-NIN. (Shanan)

THAN-EE, then later SHAN-UH. (Shanna)

LUH-RAY-SHUL (L'Arachel)

LON-CHU (Lon'qu)

Edited by Just call me AL

I always speak Marcia [Mar-see-ah] instead of [Mar-sha] like most people tend to do, because she seems to be East-European (because of Makalov) and has the same ending like Elincia and Lucia.

Yeah I call them Marseeya and Luseeya.

I also pronounced Cherche "Sher-shay" but I think the right pronunciation is "Church"

I'm pretty sure the first one is correct.

I am also on the Mar-see-uh and Loo-see-uh bandwagon. I also say Lar-shell for L'Arachel, I'm not sure if that's correct.

Edited by Lord Raven

I'm not sure if Caeda is pronounced Shee-da but I say it that way because See-da sounds wrong, and for some reason my mind pronounces Lon'qu as Lon Quee and I don't care I just say it anyway.

Also I'm pretty sure I have most names wrong and I don't even know.

Edited by Star and Moon

I also pronounced Cherche "Sher-shay" but I think the right pronunciation is "Church"

Just looked it up. I think you had it right the first time.

At least it's closer than how I pronounced it: "ser-chi."

Marcia - [mar-SEE-uh]. Lucia - [LOO-si-uh] bandwagon. Not that I don't care that it's incorrect but it kind of stuck to me and it's hard to get rid of.

Sometimes the spelling for Caeda/Sheeda's name throws me off. One is [see-da] and the other [she-da]. I flip-flop between the two though I go with [she-da] more.

And I think I pronounce Wrys and Rhys the exact same way when I'm not paying attention.

I used to pronounce Frederick as Free-drick. I dunno why.

I still pronounce Manakete Man-uh-kee-tay.

I'm pretty sure Cherche is Shursh btw. Or at least, that's how I say it.

I pronounce L'Arachel as Law-ruh-kel. Pretty sure it's wrong, but eh.

I tend to pronounce all names with Spanish phonetics (vowels have unique sounds) since that is my first language, unless I'm aware on how the name is supposed to sound like, or is exotic enough that it sounds stupid in Spanish.

For example, for Laura I say "Lah-Uh-Ra" instead of "Loh-Rah". I'm also on the "Mar-See-Ah" over "Mar-Sha" crowd.

For Kjelle I used to say "Kay-Yell", until I learned the pronunciation is supposed to be "Shell"

For L'Arachel I've always said "Lah-Rachel".

Edited by Jave

I'm pretty sure I pronounce just about everything wrong haha.

Most of my phonetics are painfully bad since I didn't have many real voices to base them off of when I was little, so I tend to pronounce things quite strangely.

Caeda is "Kay-duh"

Kjelle is "Kuh-jell"

Cherche is "Cher-chii"

Lon'qu is "Lon-Ku"

Say'ri is quite literally "Say-Ree"

(MAN awakening had a buncha weird names what the heck?)

I always pronounce Marcia and Lucia and similar names with "-eeya" instead of "-sha" and I cannot see them any other way, and Rhys I can't see as anything but "Rise", and same with Wrys.

Apparently Camus is supposed to be pronounced "Camyu" or something nuts like that, but how the hell are you supposed to see that? Stupid french.

I hear people call Nino "nee-no" but I always say her name "Nih-no"

I can't think of any others at the moment, Awakening's names are the main ones I can think of that tripped me up a lot.

Not sure if it's related but I prefer Micaiah's nickname of "Michy" to "Micky" or whatever people call her

At least it's closer than how I pronounced it: "ser-chi."

omg i cant call her that because it would sound so much like Cersei and that would just be so awful and wrong. /GoT joke

As a child, I was a crap reader so I've always pronounced Eliwood as "Elwood" and it just stuck to me till this day.

I dont know the actual proper way of pronouncing Cherche, but i call her "Share-sh" cuz it sounds French enough.

L'Arachel i call her "Le-Rahshel" Not even sure if its right.

I cannot unsay Jeigan as "Yey-gan". I cannot even unsay it like that.

I pronounce Kjelle like "Keeyell" /shrug

For Kjelle I used to say "Kay-Yell", until I learned the pronunciation is supposed to be "Shell"

Omg. Without an s, i cant see it that way. Like, i would have called her that if her name was Skjelle.

I called "Dee-ek" instead of Deke (Dieck)

Navarre has always been "Navahr-eh" to me. RIP

Actually, it's "Shairsh" since it's a French inspired name and the French pronounce "ch" like "sh." :P

There aren't any character names I mispronounce these days, I think, but I know I don't pronounce Aether correctly. I'm used to "ae" being pronounced like a long A sound, so I just prefer to say "AY-ther" rather than "EE-ther."

EDIT: Kjelle is supposed to be "Shell"? lolwut. I still say "Kee-YELL."

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, it's "Shairsh" since it's a French inspired name and the French pronounce "ch" like "sh." :P

There aren't any character names I mispronounce these days, I think, but I know I don't pronounce Aether correctly. I'm used to "ae" being pronounced like a long A sound, so I just prefer to say "AY-ther" rather than "EE-ther."

EDIT: Kjelle is supposed to be "Shell"? lolwut. I still say "Kee-YELL."

Me too tbh, about Aether. Its cuz Æ like in Æsir and so when i see ae or æ, i pronounce it with ay sound. So Aether comes out as Æther.

Oh yeah, i pronounce Janaff as "Yahnaff"

ITT: Loki confesses about weird J pronunciations

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Me too tbh, about Aether. Its cuz Æ like in Æsir and so when i see ae or æ, i pronounce it with ay sound. So Aether comes out as Æther.

ITT: Loki confesses about weird J pronunciations

Wow, I thought I was the only one on the Aether thing. :o

As for J pronunciations, I don't think that's weird. Doesn't the Spanish language pronounce the J like a Y? That's where I got the idea to pronounce Kjelle the way I do.