English Subtitle

TheCaptain

So as of now we know this game as it's Japanese name, Fire Emblem: If but the English name is yet to be confirmed. What would you like to see/think will be a good subtitle for this game?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as of now we know this game as it's Japanese name, Fire Emblem: If but the English name is yet to be confirmed. What would you like to see/think will be a good subtitle for this game?

I honestly think IF should remain as the subtitle.

Agreed. I don't see why they would "need" to change it or anything.

The whole concept is a "What if" so to speak, so the name keeps its meaning no matter the area.

I have a (not serious) idea: Fire Emblem: Black version and Fire Emblem: White Version.

This all makes sense. Kamuii can get different dragon stones in each game to transform in Reshiram for Hoshido and Zekrom for Nohr. In the third route DLC he can transform into Kyurem or even get the DNA Splicers for Black/White Kyurem depending on what your base game is.

The Crossover nobody asked for or wanted but we gave you anyway!

Edited by Philranger

This all makes sense. Kamuii can get different dragon stones in each game to transform in Reshiram for Hoshido and Zekrom for Nohr. In the third route DLC he can transform into Kyurem or even get the DNA Splicers for Black/White Kyurem depending on what your base game is.

And then Aqua reveals herself to be Arceus.

Watch it be Fire Emblem Eternal Ties or something derpy like that.

The Achronym is the real joke however

FE:ET

Fire Emblem Internal Freedoms aka FE:IF

Cause you have the internal freedom to make choices and pick a side :p

Why would NoA keep this game named FE: If? That's entirely silly. I really hope it gets a different title in English.

Question, how is it silly exactly?

I kinda liked the name If too, but I don't think they'll go with it. The japanese trailer had that graphic with "what If" which was removed for the NoA one. They would've left it in if it were going to be called If.

I kinda liked the name If too, but I don't think they'll go with it. The japanese trailer had that graphic with "what If" which was removed for the NoA one. They would've left it in if it were going to be called If.

It's the other way around, actually, the english trailer added "what if" to where Aqua turns around, the japanese trailer just had "if"

https://youtu.be/kNQcJq_wnhk?t=47

go to 0:47

Edited by L95

^Why when the kingdoms are called Hoshido and Nohr in English? "Kingdom of Hoshido" and "Kingdom of Nohr" are fine with me though, despite being rather generic.

I imagine to most english speakers if just sounds awkward.

And what this guy said.

Edited by Anacybele

^Why when the kingdoms are called Hoshido and Nohr in English? "Kingdom of Hoshido" and "Kingdom of Nohr" are fine with me though, despite being rather generic.

<---The unfunny weeaboo joke

Your head

Please stop taking things like that seriously. It makes you look silly.