What are your favorite FE4 pairings and why?

Not saying anything particulary original here but I'm in favour of Lex/Ira. The sword kids are around from the very beginning of the first generation and since their growths work very well together and the kids can destroy the arena just as well as their mother, they become overwhelmingly powerful very quickly.

Also Holyn and Briggid since my first playthrough with Jamke definitely involved too many arrows missing their target. It helps that Holyn is Patty's best bet to get anywhere in the game.

Edited by BrightBow

Now saying anything original here but I'm in favour of Lex/Ira since the sword kids are around from the very beginning of the first generation. And since their growths work very well together and the kids can destroy the arena just as well as their mother, they become overwhelmingly powerful very quickly.

Also Holyn and Briggid since my first playthrough with Jamke definitely involved too many arrows missing their target. It helps that Holyn is Patty's best bet to get anywhere in the game.

I did Jamke x Briggid on my first playthrough and their kids turned out strong but inaccurate (it does not help that the yewfelle least accurate out of the holy weapons).

That's why HolynxBriggid is just so good, because it nullifies any of Faval's hit problems. Plus watching him break the HP Cap is hilarious.

I sometimes wish that Holyn!Faval can break the 80 HP cap because of his HP growth.

Aideen x Midayle: They work together so well. The way he cares for her is perfect.
Ayra x Noish: I feel they'd be way deep in love, totally. Plus, his kids get pretty great.
Lachesis x Beowulf: I mean, duh, Thracia confirmed that this pairing is at least 50% canon.
Sylvia x Claud: The only good pairing for Sylvia imo.
Fuerry x Levyn: Sety w/ Holsety = The Best Sety. Nay, The Only Sety
Tiltyu x Azel: Pretty average Arthur, pretty insane Tinny.
Briggid x me Holyn: Brain meltingly awesome. Patty can actually solo bosses. Best girl confirmed.

Pretty normal pairings, but you can't beat the basics :Tinny:

Aideen x Azel: I like having the rescue staff in Gen 1, and I don't care about Lester.

Ayra x Jamka: Ridiculous multi hitting and high strength.

Lachesis x Dew: Terrible, but I like it.

Sylvia x Alec: They have amusing conversations, and it doesn't really matter who Sylvia pairs with.

Fury x Levin: Canon.

Tilityu x Lex: Abusing Wrath/Ambush is fun.

Briggid x Finn: Puts an interesting twist on Thracia 776, and why not give Patty two ways to break the arena?

Aideen x Fin - I honestly don't care so I just picked Fin, Midir/Jamka are better but I like Lester capramming luck super fast.

Ayra x Noish - Overkill is the best kind of kill

Lachesis x Fin - Fiiiiiiin

Sylvia x foreveralone - fat shota sigurd too strong. I like Sylvia x Lex though.

Fury x Levin - Canon too good.

Tiltyu x Ardan - it's like Lex without elite but with more Ardan, and who doesn't want more Ardan

Briggid x Beowulf - I dunno, gives Faval huge HP, Strength, and Charge.

Aideen x Midayle: They work together so well. The way he cares for her is perfect.

Ayra x Noish: I feel they'd be way deep in love, totally. Plus, his kids get pretty great.

Lachesis x Beowulf: I mean, duh, Thracia confirmed that this pairing is at least 50% canon.

Sylvia x Claud: The only good pairing for Sylvia imo.

Fuerry x Levyn: Sety w/ Holsety = The Best Sety. Nay, The Only Sety

Tiltyu x Azel: Pretty average Arthur, pretty insane Tinny.

Briggid x me Holyn: Brain meltingly awesome. Patty can actually solo bosses. Best girl confirmed.

Pretty normal pairings, but you can't beat the basics :Tinny:

I did most of them on my first playthrough aside from NoishxAyra and JamkexBriggid

Aideen x Azel: I like having the rescue staff in Gen 1, and I don't care about Lester.

Ayra x Jamka: Ridiculous multi hitting and high strength.

Lachesis x Dew: Terrible, but I like it.

Sylvia x Alec: They have amusing conversations, and it doesn't really matter who Sylvia pairs with.

Fury x Levin: Canon.

Tilityu x Lex: Abusing Wrath/Ambush is fun.

Briggid x Finn: Puts an interesting twist on Thracia 776, and why not give Patty two ways to break the arena?

I like all of them except AzelxAdean and DewxRaquesis

Aideen x Fin - I honestly don't care so I just picked Fin, Midir/Jamka are better but I like Lester capramming luck super fast.

Ayra x Noish - Overkill is the best kind of kill

Lachesis x Fin - Fiiiiiiin

Sylvia x foreveralone - fat shota sigurd too strong. I like Sylvia x Lex though.

Fury x Levin - Canon too good.

Tiltyu x Ardan - it's like Lex without elite but with more Ardan, and who doesn't want more Ardan

Briggid x Beowulf - I dunno, gives Faval huge HP, Strength, and Charge.

Odd pairings (beside NoishxAyra, FinxRaquesis, ForeveralonexSylvia, and LewynxFerry) :o:

• 3 weeks later...

Since I'm a powergamer of sorts...

Jamka x Aideen. Lester will miss pursuit, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a Pursuit Ring.

Lex x Ayra. The siblings have issues surviving. Lex's inheritance helps a lot because their def growths will be absurd. Ambush + Astra is also OP.

Levin x Tiltyu. Because starting gen 2 with Holsety is far too powergamey.

Sylvia x Claude. They stick close easily, so why not.

Beowulf x Lachesis.

Noish x Fury.

I guess that's all?

Gen I:

Jamke/Ayra: Twins get OP skills!

Lex/Aideen: Lester's looks actually make sense! Lana promotes by Chapter 7!

Noish/Fury: Critical!Fee!

Lewyn/Raquesis: Delmud gotta go fast! Nanna might actually gain decent MAG!

idk about others I haven't played this game in forever

Gen II:

Ulster/Julia: don't even try to deny it

pretty much all the normal stuff

Adean x Midir

Lex x Ayra

Holyn x Brigid

Sylvia x Claude

And then the slightly less normal stuff

Levin x Tiltyu (my favorite first gen male and female) because it makes Arthur basically god and I just feel like they really click

Beowulf x Lachesis - Just because I'm a fan of Beowulf, and I like low-life merc x princess stuff (Gregor x Maribelle?). I do also like Finn x Lachesis because it has Finn

Fury usually just gets either Jamka (for Fee) or Azel (for superpowered Sety) just because I like Levin x Tiltyu too much to give Levin to her

Mine are not that special to be honest. Strangely enough, all of my pairings involve the parents generally being the same classes as the children.

Adean x Midir, for them abilities.

Sylvia x Claude, Because lolincest...But then I let them die for the substitutes. :p

Fury x Levin, because lolcanon, also Pursuit.

Lachesis x Beowulf, because lolcanon, even though it cripples Nanna a bit, it at least helps Delmud keep up.

Tiltyu x Azel, because I gotta have that Pursuit everywhere...even though Tiltyu x Levin is probably better...

Ayra x Holyn, to give the world an even higher amount of Odo than there already is...Also, the high HP growth is very helpful in lessening the gap between Lakche and Skasaher/Ulster.

Brigid x Dew, because Faval benefits more growthwise from Dew than the other Major Blood Inheritors, and lolbargain allows for much easier lolIchivalspam.

Second Gen: Johan x Lakche is best pairing. Because Johan is best character.