DLC speculations

So we all know that If will have a 3rd story line for dlc but we don't know if it will be open world like Hoshido or closed off like Nohr?

In Japan they are going to have dlc characters via trading cards, I'm not sure but do you think those cards could be amiibo cards?

and what do you think the amiibo will do? (I imagine they'll work like they do in STEAM)

I'm just trying to get some ideas together so we can have an idea of what the dlc could be.

I guess we'll have to wait till June to figure it out.

What exactly do you mean by amiibo cards?

As for DLC, I'm guessing the third path will have Hoshido's open world but Nohr's varied objectives and harder difficulty. That seems like a good compromise. I think the amiibo figures will probably work like they did in STEAM or something similar.

If they ever make other DLC other than the third story path, I hope they give the DLC actual plots. I was never too fond with how Awakening handled DLC in terms of story. None of them really had interesting arcs. On the other hand, I really liked what they did with Future Past since that actually had an interesting overarching plot.

But this is all just hopeful speculation on my part. Just have to wait and see what the developers decide to do.

What exactly do you mean by amiibo cards?

As for DLC, I'm guessing the third path will have Hoshido's open world but Nohr's varied objectives and harder difficulty. That seems like a good compromise. I think the amiibo figures will probably work like they did in STEAM or something similar.

If they ever make other DLC other than the third story path, I hope they give the DLC actual plots. I was never too fond with how Awakening handled DLC in terms of story. None of them really had interesting arcs. On the other hand, I really liked what they did with Future Past since that actually had an interesting overarching plot.

Nintendo is planning to release amiibo in card form. They'll retain the same functionality as the figures and will probably be cheaper/easier to mass produce too.

For the 3rd path I'd quite like a mix of world map freedom and linear progresson. That is, I'd like it if a World map was present, but only at specific times i.e. you only have access to the world map every few chapters, as circumstances mean you cannot relax and traverse the world map freely, but instead must immediately press on with the main chapters.

If the story calls for it I'd like this to be present in Hoshido at times as well. This is mainly because in Awakening its possible to go away and do a paralogue after Chapter 9. It seems weird that you can walk out of enemy territory and encounter Anna before somehow travelling back to Plegia to mount the rest of what is supposed to be an escape plan.

I'd definitely like to see the Scramble DLC return in some form. It gave a lot development beyond existing supports.

Nintendo is planning to release amiibo in card form. They'll retain the same functionality as the figures and will probably be cheaper/easier to mass produce too.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

I'd definitely like to see the Scramble DLC return in some form. It gave a lot development beyond existing supports.

That would be nice too.

yeah most of the dlc had excuse plots but even the characters in the game knew that, the point was either grinding,interacting with past units, or getting character to character interaction. And most of the time the characters knew it.

In Japan they are going to have dlc characters via trading cards, I'm not sure but do you think those cards could be amiibo cards?

No, those are not amiibo cards. When you buy special starter decks of the TCG you get a download code for a legacy character.

If there is DLC beyond the third path, it would interesting to see how it is implemented in the Nohr route because you don't have a world map to go to an equivalent to an outrealm gate.

Honestly, I sort of liked Awakening's DLC. I didn't love all the einherjar missions, but they were a nice distraction with nice rewards and some fan service for veterans, while the other DLC missions were either there to help you grind, provide balanced fan service or give you a tough challenge or some more story content. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there was plenty of variety, and I hope they'll follow a similar pattern in Fire Emblem: If.

Story and support conversations are what I want to see the most, however.

All I request is that if we're gonna have to pay for Einherjar(I used some bad word choice obviously we don't have to pay for any DLC) they at least get unique models, Not just the avatar model with new artwork that's my only wish~ Oh and since the game is called "Fire Emblem If" It'd be cool if we had "What if" scenarios. Like I dunno What if

Hardin wasn't possessed and instead Xane or Jeigan was

. What if

Sigurd didn't die and helped during the events of Fire Emblem 4 second gen

. What if

Soren found out about his bloodline

. little silly stuff like that would be really cool.

^^That's cool in concept but those seem like rather big ideas that might be hard to contain in a few DLC maps.

Future Past had "What if the children didn't/couldn't go back in time?" and that worked out really well in 3 chapters + a damn big epilogue. I think if you allow 3 DLC chapters for each big "What if" scenario then that should be enough time to give full exposition on what's going on.

I like the What If scenarios idea, you could even make them quite challenging by having a fixed character roster like in BSFE.

I would like for IS to take a page from Mario Kart 8 and do a Fire Emblem X Legend of Zelda DLC series.

Those examples I used I guess are pretty big I don't know how to explain it other then linking this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tWUwo6icn4 So little back story + slight changes = Result in a map??? I dunno I highly doubt it'll happen but it is an idea that I feel IS should take advantage of especially with the title of the game.

I'd like the connected DLC missions that make up a whole abbreviated "campaign" idea. maybe some cross overs in addition to some FE what ifs? maybe with Spotpass like characters that are requited at the end of each mission.

What if Legend of Zelda X Fire Emblem involving saving Link & friends from a zelda baddie like Vaati or Cia, followed by breaking Ganondorf's seige of Hyrule castle, then defeating the King of Evil(with friends) in a final battle.

What if Soul Calibur X Fire Emblem involving fighting Tira and other "Evil characters" from the series, then fighting Kilik and other retired warriors from the franchise, then going up against Nightmare himself.

What if Code name Steam X Fire Emblem involving stumbling across the game, and fighting in three missions from the game but with Fire Embelm's mechanics.

Some of My Fire Emblem what ifs

What if Walhart beat Chrom's forces? helm the Conqueror defeat Aversa, Valdar, and then Grima.

What if Sigurd lived through Chapter 5? help him rebuild the army he lost, break the main army, then finally go defeat Arvis and save Deirdre

What if Soren learned of his lineage and borough an army to claim it? fight off Dragon Laguz invaders who are loyal to Soren, then defeat a force lead by Ike himself, then final fight Soren and the bulk of his army

What if Eriphram turned evil after FE8? save Joshua and others from Eriphram's forces, defend Eirika and Innes for a number of rounds, then face the maddened tyrant Eriphram

And watch Internet burn with *Nintendo is greedy!* *IS gone mad with DLC!* and *Fire Emblem IF - you won't buy whole experience without DLC!*

It was already bad with Awakening (some people don't know how dlc work, they just look at dlc price and boom! rage happens)

I am more than okay with interesting dlc, but i can see problem with it. Because we can't have nice things.

While I probably will buy all of them (It's Fire Emblem after all...), I'd appreciate if the DLCs are relatively separate in nature, ala Awakening DLCs. DLC that blocks a core part of the game's story annoys me greatly. Completely different storyline paths like here are fine in my opinion, but things stripped from the main story to be sold separately are more of an issue.

On the whole, I'd be pretty happy with DRTJR's idea of small separate campaigns. DLCs like the Scrambles were very nice too (it was obviously dialog added, not dialog cut).

A part of me thinks, if DLC beyond the characters and third path is happening, it will be exclusive to the different paths.

For example, Grinding DLC shouldn't even come close to the Nohr path. The whole point behind the Nohr path is that it's limited in money and EXP gains.

By the same token, you shouldn't have the Nohr comrades playing a round of Hoshido DLC Skirmish.

Honestly, if I think there is DLC, it will be something like the older levels from older games, as they aren't path exclusive. Things like Scramble are up in the air.

Finally, I wonder what the objectives for the DLC will be given the differences across both paths.

So, all in all, DLC is a possibility, but it would likely have to be path exclusive or too general.

Edited by DeoGame

A part of me thinks, if DLC beyond the characters and third path is happening, it will be exclusive to the different paths.

For example, Grinding DLC shouldn't even come close to the Nohr path. The whole point behind the Nohr path is that it's limited in money and EXP gains.

Not even for post-game content? I think it'd be nice to have Awakening like DLC where you can keep playing with your units after the game ends and not have to replay the whole game just to see every support and level up the units who didn't make your rotation.

Not even for post-game content? I think it'd be nice to have Awakening like DLC where you can keep playing with your units after the game ends and not have to replay the whole game just to see every support and level up the units who didn't make your rotation.

Hard to say. From the sounds of how they're promoting the Nohr path, the postgame is plying again, not unlike Rekka or Shadow Dragon. A Postgame can certainly be fun, but given the higher difficulty of the Nohr path, it seems the game itself between soft resets and the lot make up for the lack of postgame. Not sure though, until June we're all in the dark.

I would like character DLC packs where each of the lords from the older games (and maybe some of the baddies) get personalized classes and weapons!

Marth and Lucina are already coming to if though the TCG, so it wouldn't be unrealistic to say that other lords might get a shot too.

Alm, Seliph and Leif in 3D where they actually look like badass versions of themselves and not just copies of the avatar? Yes, please!