What will be the "Fire Emblem" in FE14?

Kyea

Just wanted to see what theories people have about the Fire Emblem for FE14. It's taken a variety of forms in the past games. Perhaps it might be a dragonstone for Kamui?

It might be kinda like the Fire Emblem in The Sacred Stones.Serving no purpose whatsoever except for the creation of the Dark Stone.

It'll probably be Aqua's Lance/Staff or necklace.

It's on Mars

I've sort of been wondering if the Fire Emblem itself will turn out to be the villain somehow. I haven't thought too hard about it so I haven't come up with any ideas as to how that would be feasible storywise, aside from it maybe being able to exert control over Kamui like when he chokes Dancina in the trailer.

Edited by Thane

It's on Mars

I've sort of been wondering if the Fire Emblem itself will turn out to be the villain somehow. I haven't thought too hard about it so I haven't come up with any ideas as to how that would be feasible storywise, aside from it maybe being able to exert control over Kamui like when he chokes Dancina in the trailer.

FE8 kinda did that, actually. The Sacred Stone the Demon King was sealed in was called the Fire Emblem :B

Either Aqua's necklace or Aqua herself.

I've sort of been wondering if the Fire Emblem itself will turn out to be the villain somehow

So Aqua

Edited by Book Bro

Either Aqua's necklace or Aqua herself.

It would be funny if she herself is the Fire Emblem, considering her name is Aqua.

OPPOSING FORCES.

So what you're saying is, the Fire Emblem.. Is a Water Emblem?

If she herself is, yes.

If something she has is the Fire Emblem, maybe her significance is a "balance" of sorts.

FE8 kinda did that, actually. The Sacred Stone the Demon King was sealed in was called the Fire Emblem :B

Indeed, and didn't something similar happen in Radiant Dawn?

However, I should've mentioned that I specifically meant that I didn't want something sealed inside, or that it was something behind the Fire Emblem. I wanted epynom of the series to be the actual villain. I have yet to figure out how that would work, but it's an idea that struck me and I've taken a liking to it, but maybe that's just my ego stroking itself.

If she herself is, yes.

If something she has is the Fire Emblem, maybe her significance is a "balance" of sorts.

Yeah I kinda agree with you that she probably has the power to balance or control its power rather than actually "being" it. Especially considering her name like you said. :P

Another theory I have that kinda goes with this and my feeling that she's hiding something is that she is tied to Kamui's shifting ability and to some extent has control over him/her, maybe through her necklace. And then when she's being choked it's actually Kamui trying to get the necklace from her after discovering the connection.

Yeah I kinda agree with you that she probably has the power to balance or control its power rather than actually "being" it. Especially considering her name like you said. :P

Another theory I have that kinda goes with this and my feeling that she's hiding something is that she is tied to Kamui's shifting ability and to some extent has control over him/her, maybe through her necklace. And then when she's being choked it's actually Kamui trying to get the necklace from her after discovering the connection.

I think the connection to the dragon form is connected to both her AND Hoshido. Personally

Really interesting theories :D After watching the trailers again, I certainly think that it's plausible for Aqua herself to be the Fire Emblem. In both videos, the camera uses the same technique of going through her eye to transition to the next scene; something's in there. I think it's obvious that her powers go beond that of a simple songstress and that she's extremely connected to the war. It's also possible that her medallion is the Fire Emblem and controls her/gives her the power but that wouldn't be as fun.

I hope it is just something there for plot purposes, rather than affecting the gameplay. If the mechanic that it potentially could have happens to give Aqua an ability similar to Dragon's Vein, however, I wouldn't mind much (or a skill of somesort).

Edited by Alphonetic

I actually think it would be cool to have the Fire Emblem be a weapon, item or character.

Gives a bit of grandeur to the name of the series, the Emblem itself has had various odd uses throughout the series.

I'm hoping it's that sword Kamui uses. What was it called, the Yatagami or Yatogami? Either way it's a pretty wicked looking weapon, and past incarnations of the Fire Emblem have often gone under other names, so it's name doesn't automatically mean it can't be the Fire Emblem. Perhaps it'll be the same here, and finally make a weapon out of the Fire Emblem.

I'm hoping it's that sword Kamui uses. What was it called, the Yatagami or Yatogami? Either way it's a pretty wicked looking weapon, and past incarnations of the Fire Emblem have often gone under other names, so it's name doesn't automatically mean it can't be the Fire Emblem. Perhaps it'll be the same here, and finally make a weapon out of the Fire Emblem.

I'm actually thinking this sword is simply a gift from Marx or Garon to be perfectly honest, but you could be right.

Who says the "Fire Emblem" will appear in this game? After all, not all FE games contain the "Fire Emblem" (FE's 6-8, for example).

FE7's "Fire Emblem" was Bern's coronation thing. (FE6 didn't have one though, but you can argue it's still in bern's possession since it takes place after 7)

FE8's was the Dark Stone.

Yeah, every FE has had an FE.

FE1: The Shield of Seals

FE2: There isn't one on Valentia, but the same universe as FE1

FE3: Shield of Seals again

FE4: The house crest of Velthomer, not important, but it's there

FE5: See FE4

FE6: Guinevere stole it to give to Roy, to keep it away from Zephiel, as it can break the seal on the Binding Blade (I also made the assumption it's what released Idoun, but I am less sure on this)

FE7: The FE is a coronation thingy, same one as in 6

FE8: Grado's Sacred Stone is called the FE

FE9: Lehran's Medallion is the FE

FE10: See FE9

FE11: See FE1

FE12: See FE3

FE13: The Shield of Seals again, though it no longer goes by that name

Edited by L95