3. 3. Best oc/oc

• Rannoc/Darcen
    • Atlantic/Murk
    • Tia/Mana
    • Kael/Lalita
    • Lemming/Avia
    • Cerise/Jinx
    • Max/Benjamin
  4. 4. Your top favorites. Pick as many as you like.

• Cain/Jagen
    • Robin/Morgan
    • Frederick/Lon'qu
    • Ike/Elincia
    • Calill/Tauroneo
    • Ike/Lalita
    • Boyd/Cerai
    • Canas/Nadine
    • Dozla/Chigai
    • Rannoc/Darcen
    • Atlantic/Murk
    • Tia/Mana
    • Kael/Lalita
    • Lemming/Avia
    • Cerise/Jinx
    • Max/Benjamin
    • Shinon/Lethe

I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback so far, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but I'm glad people are enjoying it! I feel that everyone had at least a good attempt at writing something, there are none that I feel are outright bad.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tia's saying that a world with magic is awesome and Mana, as a being who is probably as close to being literal magic as possible, is amazing to her. The 'imagine a world without magic' bit is saying how bad the world would be.

Anyways...

Robin X Morgan

Ignoring that Robin and male Morgan can't talk... This just seems... wrong compared to the normal ones. Sure, Robin beats Morgan, but s/he does it through knowing her kid. Morgan's plans would have probably worked well had Robin not read Morgan. Yet here... He forgets his book, has to be taught pesudo-chess, and forgets the weapon triangle? In the other support he didn't forget how his units worked, he just got out-flanked. This one just seems really out-of-character for him and just a re-tread of the other Morgan support.

Frederick X Lon'qu

Let's get this out of the way first. Yes, I'm uncomfortable with gay couples. Not against them, just not comfortable with them. Anyways...

This one really seemed weird. Lon'qu had a fear of women but didn't seem to have many issues training with men. While he was a loner he wasn't the kind to outright forsake others. Heck, Nowi was even playing with him for quite a bit and he even invited her along in his B support with her. Likewise Frederick seems... offish. He's a work-a-haulic but he does other things.

As a support it's pretty two-dimensional and predictable. Lon'qu doesn't like sparring with others, Frederick wants to work with him, the C and B is Lon'qu trying to be alone, then... bang. Lon'qu is at his side. Maybe I'm reading this one wrong but as a support this seems... fan-ficy (I know these are all fanfic supports, but still). Like it was little more than an excuse to get them to hook up.

Ike X Elincia.

Look Ana! I thought we settled the 'Ike's Wife' thing a while ba- oh. It's not you. Nevermind. *cough*

Anyways, this was was okay-ish right up until the end of the B with Elincia's collapse. I generally don't like it when a support assumes that the next rank is guaranteed. What if the played decided they cared for another pairing more? That aside the A and S ranks... Elincia didn't seem like the kind of person to me to forget that she needed the help of others given how much she relied on Ike, Lucia, and Geoffry (and maybe Marcia as well, I forget how they were in RD) and it really seems to be glossing over Elincia's leadership to say Ike was the one who bridged the gap between Laguz and Beorc with her only at his side. Still, that aside I did like this support and it did come across as thought-out and pretty good on the whole.

Calill X Tauroneo

I must admit, I did not see this one coming at all. Seriously, of all the supports this one simply didn't occur to me at all. Anywho...

I liked the banter between them especially with Tauro putting Calill in her place in the C, but it seems pretty odd since this is heavily implied to happen after everyone got stoned, so what good would having Calill return do? Largo is stone so unless Calill enjoys scraping off moss and pigeon poop from him her return wouldn't mean much. Could the statued people even sense the outside world? I forget.

Still, I really liked that there was nothing romantic between them (YAY! Refreshing!) and their talk and discussions about family a lot. I'm surprised you've gotten so few votes in the canon cause, IMO, this is the best by far.

Shinon X Lethe.

What? What just happened? Why did Lethe smell like wet fur? Did Shinon walk in on her bathing? Was he drunk and smelling things that weren't there? His own booze? Huh? Why is Lethe being so mean to him? If this is PoR it might make sense but if it's RD, huh? She should know better. Lethe isn't a harsh-sounding name (not by my standards anyways). Why is she sleeping with him all of a sudden? She was furious at him! They both seem to think that the other race is beneath them, so what? Huh? What? What? What just happened?

I'm skipping Cain since I have 0 familiarity with him.

Now, for the OC stuff, since I obviously don't know the OC, I'm going to judge them ONLY by what I see in the support. Hope you presented them well!

Ike X Lalita.

Ahhh Ana... This is going to be fun!

. Mr._burns_excellent.png

Now, let's get on with this!

Ike with a goatee? Goatee's are evil! EVIL IKE? AHHHHH!!!

I can't help but imagine this support with Mia as the mother and, given my Ike X Mia support had Mia passing out from blood-loss trying to sew, the idea of her mending Ike's clothes is interesting, a bit lulzy, and explains why the repairs don't last. Funny mental image, but that's all. Especially since you not only have Ike/Elincia but had her outright state that she gave up her throne. Wouldn't this mean Lalita is a princess? Heck, she'd probably be the de-facto queen if Elincia really did give up the throne. But I'm not going to turn this into a 'why Ike/Elincia shouldn't be paired' spat especially since I complimented that support earlier.

I don't like seeing stuff like *he popped his head in to see her on her bedroll with a book*. Unless I missed something these supports are largely text-only so... yea. Kind of sticks out and I'm not sure how they'd do that.

As for the support itself... Ike's bits were actually fairly-well written out. A few hiccups here and there (no way to know if Elincia was going to have a boy or girl until the birth for example). The ending was a bit too... sappy. It was great that she realized she was treating Ike poorly for just wanting to spend time with his daughter, but then she's asking him to carry her around and he's unleashing tickle attacks? Eh... I'll be honest. This one sticks out the most to me not because of what went wrong but because of what went right. A lot of this does seem like something Ike would have done and his actions are good. The problem is with Lalita and... well... the number of liberties it takes. It would be pretty hard to be the daughter of not only the queen but the hero who bested Ashera as well as lead probably the best mercenary group in the lead and somehow be poor enough to not be able to buy clothes or get stuff by merit of name alone? Did Elincia really forfeit EVERYTHING and not keep enough money to support her new family? Did she somehow insult Geoffry and Lucia so bad that they refused to help?

As a support it's sappy, got some huge plot-holes and the A is a bit heavy, but Ike's bits are pretty solid. I'm willing to give this some lee-way that the canon/canon pairings don't get since one character is outright fan fiction, but still... A for effort, B- for final product.

Boyd X Cerai

Mmmm...

Firstly I'm preeeeety certain PoR Wyverns don't have venom, and a slippery axe would be difficult to wield, but I'll let that slide. Especially since I really liked this on the whole. I'm not going to comment about the brothers prior relationships as that was when they were younger (personalities change) and because I don't feel like digging up the supports for three characters just to make sure that this fits them and it does flesh the trio out a bit.

Otherwise, it's pretty solid. I liked the build-up and, honestly, the S-support was really a sore thumb that shouldn't have been there. I know you like pairing them up and I'm not saying you shouldn't at all. Just that it came way out of left field. Then again Awakening did that as well, so it's nothing to complain about... I honestly just liked this support a lot.

Skipping Canas/Nadine. I don't know Canas all that well and don't feel comfortable reviewing his support when he could be easily OOC or retreading ground. Lyn, Florina, and Nino were the only FE7 characters I cared for anyways.

Chigai x Dozla

*sigh*

I did not like this one at all. Firstly an outright guest appearance in a support? What if this happened on a map where Eirika isn't around at all? Not to mention I can't think of any supports that had a third character outright appear even if they were guaranteed to be alive/around. Then in the first post he realizes that his stealing L'arachel's stuff makes him a traitor (it doesn't. A thief, yes. Traitor, not of necessity) then proceeds to propose to Dolza who hasn't even realized he isn't a traitor yet and ISN'T rejected? Especially since he remained a thief? What if Chigai stole Ephriam's spear or Eirika's love letters or even something mundane like Neimi's headband? It's one thing to steal from an opponent in battle or a bad person but Dolza accepted that he was shy without question then let him continue? Yea... No. This support is not good at all. This support should have just been Chigai gaining a friend and dealing with his shyness a little bit and the romance just feels... it's from the left field of the left field shot out of a cannon in its own left field. And no, said fields are not at 90 degree angles to make it coming out of the right field.

I'll handle the OCXOC stuff tomorrow as the chocolate rush and afternoon nap are wearing off.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I honestly had no idea that the length of a few of my conversations was really an issue. I'm sorry for that, it's just that I felt that support conversations were often too short and should be a bit longer in the games. So I did that... ^^;

Spectral Procreation: Heh, yeah, I didn't want to go the route people would probably expect with Ike being a dad, which would basically be what Cynthia described, with Ike being distant, not very affectionate, etc. So I did something a bit more unexpected. Surprises in reading are nice! ^^ And besides what I'd already mentioned to Cynthia, I made Ike this way because I think that for one thing, Elincia wouldn't want him to be as distant and unaffectionate as Greil was, and two, I don't think Ike himself would either. Ike didn't seem to enjoy not knowing much about his father at all and how he was so distant. I think Ike would want his kids to actually know their father and not be forced to wonder about any secrets he's hiding. Ike has no secrets or anything to hide, so he doesn't have any reason to be distant. As for the affection part, sure, Ike is, by nature, not real affectionate in the games with those he cares about. But I think that could change over time. Perhaps Elincia or whoever his wife is rubs off on him like that or something. lol

Oh yeah, and as for why I had Ike appear in the A support, well, nobody seemed to have any problem with Chrom showing up in Lucina's sibling support in Awakening, so... I thought I'd use the same idea with Ike. :P

And Snowy, I think you misunderstood a few things, though I might not have been clear enough from the start. Ike isn't just carrying Lalita any old way, he's sitting her on his shoulder, as he said. This isn't even strange to FE, go see Hector's ending image with Florina (though why this was done with a couple and not a father/daughter pair, I dunno. I see it as more a father/daughter thing than a couple thing). Lalita also always admired Ike's strength, but I guess I didn't make that clear and should have...

As for the non-dialogue text, some of it was supposed to describe sounds, but I guess that didn't come across clearly yet again. I could've deleted other parts though, I do agree with that now.

About Ike and Elincia not knowing the gender of their first child, I thought I said that it's not that they didn't have any way to find out, it's that they simply chose to be surprised. :/

As for their money, you really think Elincia is going to take a lot of money out of the castle when it could be used to help Crimea's reconstruction? She wouldn't ever completely abandon Crimea. She would take a little to fund her journey, that's really it. And Ike is a mercenary, they don't make a lot of money. Mist says in RD that his and Boyd's clothes constantly have to be mended, so I can't imagine that the group buys a lot of new clothes or can even afford it. But as with the rest of this, I should've made it clearer.

I apologize for leaving some things confusing. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

For the wyverns, while it doesn't say that they don't have venom, it also doesn't say that they do or don't have plenty of things. Saying that they have venom all of a sudden, especially when one would think that an important weapon for them, just seems off.

And Snowy, I think you misunderstood a few things, though I might not have been clear enough from the start. Ike isn't just carrying Lalita any old way, he's sitting her on her shoulder, as he said. This isn't even strange to FE, go see Hector's ending image with Florina (though why this was done with a couple and not a father/daughter pair, I dunno. I see it as more a father/daughter thing than a couple thing). Lalita also always admired Ike's strength, but I guess I didn't make that clear and should have...

This still seems like a very odd thing for a father and daughter to do when said daughter is fifteen. I'm pretty certain that, now-a-days, if it got out that a teenage girl rode on her daddy's back she'd get mocked horribly at school about it.

As for their money, you really think Elincia is going to take a lot of money out of the castle when it could be used to help Crimea's reconstruction? She wouldn't ever completely abandon Crimea. She would take a little to fund her journey, that's really it. And Ike is a mercenary, they don't make a lot of money. Mist says in RD that his and Boyd's clothes constantly have to be mended, so I can't imagine that the group buys a lot of new clothes or can even afford it. But as with the rest of this, I should've made it clearer.

I'm pretty certain Elincia would take enough money to ensure that her family was taken care of. This is not her going out on a cake-eating binge, after all, but caring for her own son and daughter. It would be really irresponsible for her to put them at risk of ending up destitute or potentially starving to death especially when the two have plenty of friends that they could have called on for cash/supplies/help. Simple answer, no matter how you approach this it shouldn't have happened as it requires Elincia and Ike being completely irresponsible and not asking friends for help and potentially putting their family at risk. And before you think I'm only pointing this out because I dislike Ike/Elincia I would remind you that I'm not and that I would be saying preeeety much the same thing about Ike/Mia/Lethe/Vika/the hobo down the street.

Edited by Snowy_One

This still seems like a very odd thing for a father and daughter to do when said daughter is fifteen. I'm pretty certain that, now-a-days, if it got out that a teenage girl rode on her daddy's back she'd get mocked horribly at school about it.

I'm pretty certain Elincia would take enough money to ensure that her family was taken care of. This is not her going out on a cake-eating binge, after all, but caring for her own son and daughter. It would be really irresponsible for her to put them at risk of ending up destitute or potentially starving to death especially when the two have plenty of friends that they could have called on for cash/supplies/help. Simple answer, no matter how you approach this it shouldn't have happened as it requires Elincia and Ike being completely irresponsible and not asking friends for help and potentially putting their family at risk. And before you think I'm only pointing this out because I dislike Ike/Elincia I would remind you that I'm not and that I would be saying preeeety much the same thing about Ike/Mia/Lethe/Vika/the hobo down the street.

Um, the shoulder and back are not the same thing. I agree that piggyback riding is much more kiddy. Ike isn't asking to give her piggyback rides.

Wait, you think Ike and Elincia had kids right away when she left? Er, no, that's not the case. Kael didn't come until around two years later. They weren't thinking about raising a family yet (although they did want to someday) they were thinking about actually getting together first and then Ike finds himself caught up in another war by helping a new friend, to whom he kind of owes because she showed him and Ranulf around and was their first friend in a strange land that they just arrived in. I guess there was a lot I should've explained...

Also, I thought Ike x Elincia was your second favorite pairing for the two, so I never thought you were saying this because you disliked them.

But now I know that next time I write OCs, I have to do a little more explaining, so thanks for that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to address the goatee bit. I think a 40-year-old Ike would look good with one, nuff said. :P (though I have a specific look for it in mind, so not just any goatee)

Edited by Anacybele

I must admit, I did not see this one coming at all. Seriously, of all the supports this one simply didn't occur to me at all. Anywho...

I liked the banter between them especially with Tauro putting Calill in her place in the C, but it seems pretty odd since this is heavily implied to happen after everyone got stoned, so what good would having Calill return do? Largo is stone so unless Calill enjoys scraping off moss and pigeon poop from him her return wouldn't mean much. Could the statued people even sense the outside world? I forget.

Still, I really liked that there was nothing romantic between them (YAY! Refreshing!) and their talk and discussions about family a lot. I'm surprised you've gotten so few votes in the canon cause, IMO, this is the best by far.

Calill going back to Crimea would mean that she wouldn't die in battle. She can die in game and there's a base conversation about it which is kinda sad lol.

As for the votes...it actually had more and then people changed their minds? Not sure what's going on there exactly, but the feedback is more interesting to me than the votes themselves anyway.

D'OH! I never read the Canas x Pent support, so whatever happened to his three brothers was up in the air to me. I just assumed they were dead.

Haha, don't worry about it. They might as well be dead, so I didn't really hold it against you too much.

Thanks for all the feedback Spectral Procreation! I liked how you gave a little world background before your support- without it the mention of the Oracle in the A support would have been out of nowhere and likely left the reader confused in a bad way.

No problem! I'm usually not that good at critique, so I hope it helps someone, at least. And yeah, I think context with OCs is important, if they're going to mention anything that isn't directly explained in the support itself.

I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback so far, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but I'm glad people are enjoying it! I feel that everyone had at least a good attempt at writing something, there are none that I feel are outright bad.

Agreed! There wasn't anything I hated, just things that could be better here and there. And that's what feedback is all about, isn't it? If this contest becomes a recurring thing, I'll be looking forward to everyone's next entries.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I honestly had no idea that the length of a few of my conversations was really an issue. I'm sorry for that, it's just that I felt that support conversations were often too short and should be a bit longer in the games. So I did that... ^^;

Spectral Procreation: Heh, yeah, I didn't want to go the route people would probably expect with Ike being a dad, which would basically be what Cynthia described, with Ike being distant, not very affectionate, etc. So I did something a bit more unexpected. Surprises in reading are nice! ^^ And besides what I'd already mentioned to Cynthia, I made Ike this way because I think that for one thing, Elincia wouldn't want him to be as distant and unaffectionate as Greil was, and two, I don't think Ike himself would either. Ike didn't seem to enjoy not knowing much about his father at all and how he was so distant. I think Ike would want his kids to actually know their father and not be forced to wonder about any secrets he's hiding. Ike has no secrets or anything to hide, so he doesn't have any reason to be distant. As for the affection part, sure, Ike is, by nature, not real affectionate in the games with those he cares about. But I think that could change over time. Perhaps Elincia or whoever his wife is rubs off on him like that or something. lol

Oh yeah, and as for why I had Ike appear in the A support, well, nobody seemed to have any problem with Chrom showing up in Lucina's sibling support in Awakening, so... I thought I'd use the same idea with Ike. :P

"If you don't need something, cut it." That's kind of the mentality I've been exposed to in my university workshops, so that's how I read things. I understand if you think differently though. Sometimes you just wanna throw a lot in there because it's fun, and that's okay too. The only reason I mentioned length because like I said, there were some lines that were a bit redundant and awkward and made it feel longer than it actually was (again, if you want clarification, I can PM you later, a bit swamped for time now).

But yes, I agree with your reasoning for Ike's personality. I also still agree with others that he was a bit too silly at times for what I had in my head for him, but it's your canon, and again, none of us really know what Ike might be like even as a husband, let alone a parent.

And yeah, I forgot that Chrom shows up in his kid's supports sometimes. It's just that Ike seems like he's doing a lot more than that; he's actually solving a problem that I personally think would be better solved by the kids alone. In Lucina and Inigo's support, for example, Chrom only shows up to scold the kids in their C Support and then once at the very end of the A Rank to make an observation after the kids have left. He doesn't actually solve any of their problems; he's more like a cameo than anything. Lucina and Inigo still work through their problems by themselves. My problem isn't so much the fact that "only the supporting characters themselves can be in the supports," it's that Ike showing up to do the climax of the actual supporting business for the kids kind of takes some of it away for me. So that's my reasoning with that critique.

For the wyverns, while it doesn't say that they don't have venom, it also doesn't say that they do or don't have plenty of things. Saying that they have venom all of a sudden, especially when one would think that an important weapon for them, just seems off.

Just to stick my nose in a couple things here: isn't it mentioned that wyverns breathe fire in one of the games? So I mean, there is a precedent for wyverns having a cool ability that is never really utilized in the games. I don't think their saliva being acidic is too farfetched at all.

And besides the fact that all families are different, especially in private, I really don't think a medieval fantasy setting like Fire Emblem should be compared to real life like that. The idea of age and what is appropriate changes so much between time and culture that something like "she'd get mocked if she did that here" is a pretty moot point in my opinion.

Just to stick my nose in a couple things here: isn't it mentioned that wyverns breathe fire in one of the games? So I mean, there is a precedent for wyverns having a cool ability that is never really utilized in the games. I don't think their saliva being acidic is too farfetched at all.

Exactly...I have them spit acid in my headcanon because real world myths about wyverns tend to describe them as two legged dragons with venom. Fire though...I give that to actual dragons. The ones that are bigger and aren't domesticated, and sometimes have human forms, depending on when and where they are in the FE world.

"If you don't need something, cut it." That's kind of the mentality I've been exposed to in my university workshops, so that's how I read things. I understand if you think differently though. Sometimes you just wanna throw a lot in there because it's fun, and that's okay too. The only reason I mentioned length because like I said, there were some lines that were a bit redundant and awkward and made it feel longer than it actually was (again, if you want clarification, I can PM you later, a bit swamped for time now).

But yes, I agree with your reasoning for Ike's personality. I also still agree with others that he was a bit too silly at times for what I had in my head for him, but it's your canon, and again, none of us really know what Ike might be like even as a husband, let alone a parent.

And yeah, I forgot that Chrom shows up in his kid's supports sometimes. It's just that Ike seems like he's doing a lot more than that; he's actually solving a problem that I personally think would be better solved by the kids alone. In Lucina and Inigo's support, for example, Chrom only shows up to scold the kids in their C Support and then once at the very end of the A Rank to make an observation after the kids have left. He doesn't actually solve any of their problems; he's more like a cameo than anything. Lucina and Inigo still work through their problems by themselves. My problem isn't so much the fact that "only the supporting characters themselves can be in the supports," it's that Ike showing up to do the climax of the actual supporting business for the kids kind of takes some of it away for me. So that's my reasoning with that critique.

Well, some stuff I actually did feel was needed, like the bit about Ike's nickname (because my fic calls him the Blue Flame, which I came up with before "Radiant Hero" was a thing. So I had to explain where the latter came from, and just decided that people came up with more than one nickname and "Radiant Hero" was the one that stuck after awhile), but other bits probably weren't, you're right. But I see now!

About Ike showing up, I see what you mean now. I did end up having Ike say more than Chrom did. I didn't originally intend to either, it just kind of happened. lol I guess some of what I've written would be a little better off being from different scenarios instead of support conversations.

But thanks again, you've been helpful. :)

Edited by Anacybele

I would say give me feedback too but I wrote that in like 25 minutes, I know it's pretty bad lol

That support was quality, what are you talking about?

Unless I'm Genre Blind... ah dangblast it, I probably am.

Alright! OC X OC time! LET ZE REAPING BEGIN! MWAHAHAHA!

*cough*

Anywho.

Rannoc X Darcen

YAY KELLY! I really should write something for her. That aside... What happened? The A support was really underwhelming and, in general, I sort of feel like nothing has been accomplished. I don't know much more about either and, heck, I learned more about Kelly than either Darcen or Rannoc. I learned she's shy, has an interest in magic, and a bit about what she looked like. That aside I have a beef with the use of gunpowder in fantasy worlds. Mainly because, it seems, whenever it pops up it's just 'oh hey! Here is this magical powder that we never really thought about before. WOW! WE CAN MAKE SMALL DEVICES CAPABLE OF ACCELERATING SMALL PIECES OF METAL TO LETHAL SPEEDS WITH IT?! WE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT IN THE FOUR-HUNDRED YEARS OF USE AND WILL BE USING PISTOLS AND RIFLES BY THE END OF THE MONTH!'

Murk X Atlantic

Ummmm... It happened I guess? I didn't really feel anything about this. The C support was really... nothing. The B just didn't have much in it. The A wasn't much better. I just feel like nothing was accomplished or developed.

Tia X Mana

This one was a bit weird and seemed to rely on a lot of outside knowledge. Attacked by trees and bees? A serious noodle-incident as far as the support is concerned. It does seem a bit weird that Mana seems leery of Tia and ignores her claims that she just wants to talk as well. Not to mention she's referenced as a trickster several times but we don't get to see it in the support. It probably makes more sense if we knew them or their world better but as-is it's just too... dependent on other things... to be good.

Kael X Lalita.

Eeeeexcellent! Ana again!

I'm starting to wonder if Lalita is a loli. I normally wouldn't think that (especially without a sprite) but it sounds like one of her big problems is people treating her like a child. Not that it matters. I've explained my dislike for 'guest' characters in supports even though I recently remembered that Chrom does show up in at least one. Still, this seems to be a bit much...

But I honestly liked this one. Bickering siblings yet still family members. I do feel that Lalita got off the hook a bit easy and that the support was basically her justifying that she's not weak, but otherwise this was decently written.

Lemming X Avia

Honestly I don't have much to say. It feels a bit standard, like what you'd find with a bunch of other supports for the character, but otherwise I just don't have much to say. It's solid, fits in with FE, but doesn't really excel at much.

Cerise x Jinx

Ummmm... Yea. It happened. It was far too short and it established too many traits and nowhere near enough personality. He pins her hair up, then suddenly she's an angel worried about clothing, her A is a massage for her wings, then she suddenly doesn't trust humans despite letting one massage her wings, yet she trusts him for some unexplained reason? Yea. This support had nothing in it but character traits and no personality or real interplay. Also, Mr. Popo owns Jinx!

Max X Benjamin

Honestly this one was really good. After seeing the voting totals I was fully expecting this to be overrated but that turned out to be the case only slightly. I liked both characters and their interplay, especially with magic, and the mystery was good. I somehow believing that Benjamin is Max from another timeline where he focused more on magic or something similar. Regardless I really liked this one and enjoyed it entirely. I came in expecting it to be overhyped due to the 7, but found it was pretty solid and I can see why even if I don't agree with the vote totals.

Max X Benjamin

Honestly this one was really good. After seeing the voting totals I was fully expecting this to be overrated but that turned out to be the case only slightly. I liked both characters and their interplay, especially with magic, and the mystery was good. I somehow believing that Benjamin is Max from another timeline where he focused more on magic or something similar. Regardless I really liked this one and enjoyed it entirely. I came in expecting it to be overhyped due to the 7, but found it was pretty solid and I can see why even if I don't agree with the vote totals.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad it didn't, err, disappoint. Also:

I somehow believing that Benjamin is Max from another timeline where he focused more on magic or something similar.

I love seeing what kinds of conclusions people draw, and this is actually something I never even thought of while I was writing it! But looking back, it totally makes sense.

Snowy, no, she's not a loli. xP Remember. she said she's fifteen, making her just a bit older than Lissa. And nobody calls her a loli. Nowi, who looks around twelve, is a loli.

Snowy why on earth did you critique your own?

Fair critique. As far as the gunpowder goes...well, that may be true. But we'll just assume since they have magic, they won't need to invent guns and the powder will remain for just blowing things up.

I critiqued my own because I could.

As for the gunpowder I know. It's just an annoying frustration I see every time it comes up. Similar to how, if you are in a world where men dominate and a girl comes along she will almost ALWAYS confront the sexist ways of the people oppressing her and prove them wrong. I don't have a problem with showing equality, but seeing it come up EVERY time is just annoying.

Chigai x Dozla

*sigh*

I did not like this one at all. Firstly an outright guest appearance in a support? What if this happened on a map where Eirika isn't around at all? Not to mention I can't think of any supports that had a third character outright appear even if they were guaranteed to be alive/around. Then in the first post he realizes that his stealing L'arachel's stuff makes him a traitor (it doesn't. A thief, yes. Traitor, not of necessity) then proceeds to propose to Dolza who hasn't even realized he isn't a traitor yet and ISN'T rejected? Especially since he remained a thief? What if Chigai stole Ephriam's spear or Eirika's love letters or even something mundane like Neimi's headband? It's one thing to steal from an opponent in battle or a bad person but Dolza accepted that he was shy without question then let him continue? Yea... No. This support is not good at all. This support should have just been Chigai gaining a friend and dealing with his shyness a little bit and the romance just feels... it's from the left field of the left field shot out of a cannon in its own left field. And no, said fields are not at 90 degree angles to make it coming out of the right field.

First of all, this has ruined my confidence in writing anything.

But I appreciate you taking the time to write an entire paragraph about how it didn't make sense. And I kind of agree because I wrote this while half asleep.

I also can't help but get a vibe that you don't like the pairing but that's okay. ;w;

But I appreciate you taking the time to write an entire paragraph about how it didn't make sense. And I kind of agree because I wrote this while half asleep.

I also can't help but get a vibe that you don't like the pairing but that's okay. ;w;

Everybody has to start somewhere. Don't let it ruin your confidence. Take it as incentive to improve.

Dcat's got it right. I used to get discouraged a lot myself, Chigai, but came to realize that this never got me anywhere. I had to just suck it up and keep going. :P

I can't 'hate' a pairing when I don't even know who one of the people is.

Anywho, don't get THAT hung up about it. I could be 100% right, I could be 100% wrong, but at the end of the day, I'm just some guy on the net. Read what I said, see if it makes sense, see if you agree, and if you don't that's fine. The only way you truly fail is if you don't get up afterwards.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. I wasn't sure that it'd be very popular but I'm glad people enjoyed it. Props to everyone who participated!