KelssFE (working title)

Alusq

Today's thing!:

HtooodL.png

In addition to enemy bosses, player characters now also have their own battle quotes that they say when you first use them in combat. It's just a little thing, but I think it adds quite a bit (especially to the prologue, which is otherwise fairly cut-and-dry "opening scene -> fight dudes -> end scene"), and it's always fun thinking up wacky one-liners for characters to yell as they jump into the battlefield.

... And if you have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not showcasing Theln because his animations aren't entirely finished, you would be correct... I mean, obviously the other characters deserve a chance to shine gosh.

I'm in love with the colors. All those colors. Colors yespls. even the purple grass is yummy
In all seriousness, you've got some sexy palettes going on. ...which you won't hear me say often for new projects.
Good job to you ;3. I'll be keeping an eye on this, best of luck with it!

Thanks~ I mean, if I ran into grass that looked that much like grape soda I would need to taste-test it too

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here you go, weimaraner

p2pzzFF.png

now I can be just like Blazer...! (‐^▽^‐)~♪

Bingo. Earlier versions of this project saw a lot of anima mages, with clergymen just having a minor role and shamans having no reason to exist, so light and dark have been merged into "spirit" and anima split into earth and sky. In retrospect, it was kind of also inspired by Dynasty Warriors 8's heaven->earth->man weapon triangle, but the in-universe reason is that the original religion of the world was shamanism (with FE shamans lololol), which was eventually regimented into a clergy that had disagreements with other groups of philosophers who called on the power of nature rather than spirits of the deceased. As a result, there's a huge schism between the token church nation and the mages/mystics' nation (mage= earth, mystic= sky), but this doesn't become relevant in the Kelssian conflict for some time.

I knoooowwwww ;-;... but before that, the portrait just had l'Arachel's hair, which made her way too recognisable as a splice.

who's Blazer

also I can't believe you actually changed it, AFAIC you either actually kind of respect me enough to change it or are playing along with the joke in which case good job, that's hilarious

Edited by Crimson Red

In addition to enemy bosses, player characters now also have their own battle quotes that they say when you first use them in combat. It's just a little thing, but I think it adds quite a bit (especially to the prologue, which is otherwise fairly cut-and-dry "opening scene -> fight dudes -> end scene"), and it's always fun thinking up wacky one-liners for characters to yell as they jump into the battlefield.

I was thinking of doing this for EN a while back and hearing what you had to say about it I'll probs go add this too.

Great to see your project, bud! Didn't notice this until just now, but I'm digging your approach. The altered magic trinity is neat. Wry no FEU post?

Edited by Arch

I was thinking of doing this for EN a while back and hearing what you had to say about it I'll probs go add this too.

Great to see your project, bud! Didn't notice this until just now, but I'm digging your approach. The altered magic trinity is neat. Wry no FEU post?

Thanks, Arch! No FEU post because it isn't presentable enough for FEU yet, and SF just seemed like the better place to seek beta testers for some reason. I'll post the project on FEU once I'm closer to having a demo out.

who's Blazer

now he's just somebody that I used to know...

I'll beta test

who's Blazer

I'm sorry, but how can you not know who blazer is? He made probably the best hack out there Besides my private hacks and last I checked he was still the owner of FEShrine. The guy who made the Ultimate Tutorial?

Edited by MattCustovGaming

I'm sorry, but how can you not know who blazer is? He made probably the best hack out there Besides my private hacks and last I checked he was still the owner of FEShrine. The guy who made the Ultimate Tutorial?

You do know that Crimson Red IS Blazer, right?

Trails in the Blaze Crimson Red Feb 15 2015 08:57 PM

Blazer Trails in the Blaze Jan 29 2014 06:48 PM

Burning Gravity Blazer Jul 22 2013 08:12 PM

soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm Burning Gravity Nov 12 2012 07:31 PM

Strawhat Luffy soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm Sep 19 2012 12:26 AM

Luffy Strawhat Luffy Sep 10 2011 05:16 PM

Fire Blazer Luffy Dec 23 2009 05:14 AM

Or are you just messing around and I can't tell

You do know that Crimson Red IS Blazer, right?

To Be Honest, I actually didn't know xD. I left for like a year, and forgot almost everything about Serenes Forest, the main one being the ability to "Display Name History"

oh and I did some research and apparently other hacks have done the same battle-quote thing too, so you're note even that hipster *shot*

I was a lukewarm, non-hipster before it was cool.

checkmate

I'll beta test

I'll keep you in mind if I need more! Your avatar containing Karis helps, though.

Okay, I think that'll be enough beta testers.

... And now, the reason why I wanted a lot of beta testers:

dWEaLRM.png

Our first hub introduces Theln to the commander of Kelss's militia as well as Eline, a student of strategy and our second main character. She's just an NPC civilian for now, but later she becomes a player unit with bard powers and gets a fun new weapon type that's unique to strategists soon after.

We also get our first mission select! I actually laughed when Arch said that the player battle quotes inspired him to put them in his project since this concept is so obviously inspired from it. Some obscure game about knights, I think it was...

... but yeah. Ch1, 2, and 3 are playable in any order you want, but they change based on what order you play them in: the first chapter you play has you taking the enemies by surprise while in the third one they're already well-prepared for your approach.

... Among other things.

I'm liking that palette! You even got world maps?! Makes me want to start working on the world map for my hack. And you can select a mission in any order and it changes?! Geez this is an awesome update!

Okay, I think that'll be enough beta testers.

... And now, the reason why I wanted a lot of beta testers:

dWEaLRM.png

Actually, come to think of it, I've been thinking of a hub type deal for Part two of "Hope of Another," but the story's going to have to pick up at all before that's able to happen...

Oh yeah, if you do consider me as a beta tester, my current skype is in my bio

Edited by Matt Custov

Oh boy, you really took inspiration from Arch?

Now your hack is going to be the top hack when it release, surpassing TLP, Midnight, and Elibean Night.

I could start beta-testing right now, but if I did that then you'd only get a mission select and no actual missions to play (only fragmented bits of each). Patience~

That being said, testing probably /is/ going to start next week at the latest. Ever since Ghast went emo and closed the Bloodlines thread (qq), it's full speed ahead.

Thanks, all!

Oh boy, you really took inspiration from Arch?

Now your hack is going to be the top hack when it release, surpassing TLP, Midnight, and Elibean Night.

TLP beats KlsFE in terms of length and actually being finished, MS beats it in terms of likeable characters, and EN beats it in terms of story coherence. Also, I know that "Elibean" is the correct spelling, but I can't help but read it as "Eli-bean", like Eliwood decided to name his son after baked beans after an FE7 playthrough where the player didn't make a tactician, therefore having nobody to ask to name Roy... but I digress.

If my project ever would be compared to the likes of those in the future, though... that'd be pretty glorious.

How is a time machine illegal?

I seem to recall hearing some news story about any depiction of time travel being illegal in China. Could be a sign of what's to come once time travel is invented?

Think he was referring to [1] breaking and entering and [2] hacking my mainframe, though

Edited by Alusq

Also, I know that "Elibean" is the correct spelling, but I can't help but read it as "Eli-bean", like Eliwood decided to name his son after baked beans after an FE7 playthrough where the player didn't make a tactician, therefore having nobody to ask to name Roy... but I digress.

d6mn6ET.png

I'll show myself out.