Aqua's role

Overated is a terrible term.

I'd rather not have either of them be evil per say, maybe more morally ambiguous but i'm not against goody goods.

I know but I didn't wanna say "lame" or "boring" since I don't really dislike characters like that in general. Maybe I should've said overused or something. And yeah, whoever the main antagonist is, I think it'd fit the theme of the game if their motives were greyish instead of outright evil.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little curious about how her being a reverse Kamui will be treated. Kamui is shown to be highly sought after by BOTH of his families and yet Aqua has hardly been given a mention. Did Nohr forget about her? Kamui is the most loved child in the world and Aqua is just awkwardly standing off to the side.

^Perhaps that can become some form of a plot device? Envy, jealous or general resentment for Kamui being everyone's favorite while Aqua's just been tossed away like yesterdays trash?

I'm a little curious about how her being a reverse Kamui will be treated. Kamui is shown to be highly sought after by BOTH of his families and yet Aqua has hardly been given a mention. Did Nohr forget about her? Kamui is the most loved child in the world and Aqua is just awkwardly standing off to the side.

Or she's the reason why the war starts in the first place, or at least she serves as Nohr's justification.

I think Crysta hit the nail on the head with the "Mysterious Waif" trope since it seems to fit Aqua to a T judging by what we know so far. Still want her to be a Kreia though.

Or she's the reason why the war starts in the first place, or at least she serves as Nohr's justification.

I think Crysta hit the nail on the head with the "Mysterious Waif" trope since it seems to fit Aqua to a T judging by what we know so far. Still want her to be a Kreia though.

What kind of character is Kreia for us non Star Wars versed folks?

I'm not into Star Wars at all, but the Knights of the Old Republic games (not to be confused with the MMO successor "The Old Republic", which is garbage) are pretty darn good in general, but Kreia takes the cake as the most manipulative, scary, morally gray and overall awesome character in all of video gaming. She's constantly influencing the main character, sets things up in the background and watches everyone do her bidding, both knowingly and not.

In the end, you question everything you've done, what she has said and what everything was for, which fits the theme of the game perfectly. Now, if only the game was properly finished and the rest of the cast was even slightly memorable, this could've become the best RPG of all time.

Edit: linked a video of one of her many speeches and lectures on page two.

Edited by Thane

Kreia was basically Obi Wan-Kenobi from the original trilogy, but evil.

Pure, unadulterated evil. She was really excellently done, because at first, she just came off as the usual, overly gruff mentor, but then she slowly started to reveal her true nature, as you noticed that she was a jedi encouraging you to abandon your comrades and murder people.

She trained the game's antagonists, Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion, the lords of oblivion and pain respectively, and manipulates you into killing them when they turn against her. Then she tries to kill you if you don't turn evil.

Kreia Quotes:

What do you wish to hear? That I once believed in the code of the Jedi? That I felt the call of the Sith, that perhaps, once, I held the galaxy by its throat? That for every good work that I did, I brought equal harm upon the galaxy? That perhaps what the greatest of the Sith Lords knew of evil, they learned from me?

If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself… and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory

Edited by dragonlordsd

If so then I hope Hoshido's empress is the one giving her orders. I want one or both of them to be the bad guy because pure sweet maidens are overrated.

That would be so freaking awesome. I'm actually drooling for it.

... Well no I'm not 'drooling', but you see what I mean I hope.

I guess we can assume Aqua will not be as dumb as Chrom, still !

Oh god, I hope not.

Chrom: Grima needs the Fire Emblem to awaken! Let's bring it with us when we go to the altar!!!

Robin: (facepalm)

To be fair a lot of main characters in FE have walked right into the villain's trap besides just Chrom. Sigurd, Eliwood, and Eirika all come to mind. Even Micaiah and Ike did a few times.

To be fair a lot of main characters in FE have walked right into the villain's trap besides just Chrom. Sigurd, Eliwood, and Eirika all come to mind. Even Micaiah and Ike did a few times.

True. But this one holds a special place place in my remembering of the game, just because it was the most recent.

I'm not into Star Wars at all, but the Knights of the Old Republic games (not to be confused with the MMO successor "The Old Republic", which is garbage) are pretty darn good in general, but Kreia takes the cake as the most manipulative, scary, morally gray and overall awesome character in all of video gaming. She's constantly influencing the main character, sets things up in the background and watches everyone do her bidding, both knowingly and not.

In the end, you question everything you've done, what she has said and what everything was for, which fits the theme of the game perfectly. Now, if only the game was properly finished and the rest of the cast was even slightly memorable, this could've become the best RPG of all time.

Edit: linked a video of one of her many speeches and lectures on page two.

Omg this sounds exactly like what I want for Aqua X3

your Jaigan should be a Kreia, that would be interesting

The reason why I want Aqua to play the role of Kreia is not only because she's already got the mysterious aura down, but because she seems to be the second main character, just like Kreia. One of the key factors is how close and dependent Kreia and the main character are to each other in a strange sort of way, but the protagonist usually isn't aware of her manipulations of their crew. I'm not sure the Jaigan takes a big enough place in the story to warrant that interesting dynamic.

Of course, it's more likely that she's a peace-loving, pacifistic and overall idealistic beautiful woman who loves bonds and friendship, but since there doesn't seem to be any piece of Japanese entertainment media that doesn't feature someone like that, I desperately hope they let Aqua be a tad more interesting.

Edited by Thane

Aqua follow Kamui throughout both routes, she seem pretty devoted to him/her. I hope she the main love interest for male Kamui. :D

YES, please let this happen, I would love if it did! On the other hand, I wouldn`t mind her being an intersting character either. Not likely that the first one will happen, but I can dream.

The reason why I want Aqua to play the role of Kreia is not only because she's already got the mysterious aura down, but because she seems to be the second main character, just like Kreia. One of the key factors is how close and dependent Kreia and the main character are to each other in a strange sort of way, but the protagonist usually isn't aware of her manipulations of their crew. I'm not sure the Jaigan takes a big enough place in the story to warrant that interesting dynamic.

Of course, it's more likely that she's a peace-loving, pacifistic and overall idealistic beautiful woman who loves bonds and friendship, but since there doesn't seem to be any piece of Japanese entertainment media that doesn't feature someone like that, I desperately hope they let Aqua be a tad more interesting.

just the fact that a Jaigan fits the teacher part better

Even though Kamui's forcefully abducted by Garon, he was still raised alongside his siblings who appear to care for him (or at least Camilla and Elise, as confirmed).

However, I wonder if Aqua received the same treatment? Did the Hoshidan people even care about her at all, or do they just consider her a filthy prisoner/enemy/hostage/burden/entertainment object/servant/slave/whatever? Do the four Hoshidan royals view her as their sibling, or was she left growing up in solitude all this time (because they were busy "perfecting their martial arts")? If that's the case, I think it would create an interesting dynamic between her and Kamui.

Even though Kamui's forcefully abducted by Garon, he was still raised alongside his siblings who appear to care for him (or at least Camilla and Elise, as confirmed).

However, I wonder if Aqua received the same treatment? Did the Hoshidan people even care about her at all, or do they just consider her a filthy prisoner/enemy/hostage/burden/entertainment object/servant/slave/whatever? Do the four Hoshidan royals view her as their sibling, or was she left growing up in solitude all this time (because they were busy "perfecting their martial arts")? If that's the case, I think it would create an interesting dynamic between her and Kamui.

I can see a lot of potential in this. It hasn`t been confirmed if Aqua got the same treatment or if she was just locked away. There could definetly be an interesting dynamic between these two, how it would work is something I`m not sure of though.

I can see a lot of potential in this. It hasn`t been confirmed if Aqua got the same treatment or if she was just locked away. There could definetly be an interesting dynamic between these two, how it would work is something I`m not sure of though.

I doubt it. From what I read, it explicitly says that Aqua was taken as a prisoner, try comparing that to Kamui being raised in Nohr.