Aqua's role

One thing that bugs me about Aqua is her clothing. Sure, in Japan, they have separate games, so she will either have black or white clothing. But, in the NA and other western countries that have just one game, how will Aqua's clothes be shown? (Assuming that we meet her before we make the choice between Hoshido and Nohr.)

Anyways, I think that Aqua and Kamui will actually both be a part of the Fire Emblem. It would make sense because they contrast each other well, as Kamui was Hoshido-born and Aqua was Nohr-born. It may also explain why Kamui's Dragon's Vein ability was trying to drown Aqua, as there may be both a Nohr and Hoshido dragon, sort of like the Grima-Naga relationship in Awakening.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there's more to it than Kamui just getting lucky in inheriting the genes to be able to transform into a dragon while Hoshido's other 4 siblings weren't lucky and none of Nohr (of course this is assuming that Aqua can't transform into a dragon).

Pretty sure it's just Kamui hitting the genetic jackpot, nothing else. All siblings and Aqua can use Dragon's Pulse though.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

Aqua being taken prisoner is confirmed. As for Kamui, it's just speculation, although it is educated speculation, as evidenced by Hinoka and what will probably be most of the Hoshido royal family being surprised that he is still alive and well at this point.

Ah, I had forgotten about that part with Hinoka. That does have significant impact if they all thought Kamui was dead and if Nohr indeed knew Aqua wasn't.

One thing that bugs me about Aqua is her clothing. Sure, in Japan, they have separate games, so she will either have black or white clothing. But, in the NA and other western countries that have just one game, how will Aqua's clothes be shown? (Assuming that we meet her before we make the choice between Hoshido and Nohr.)

Anyways, I think that Aqua and Kamui will actually both be a part of the Fire Emblem. It would make sense because they contrast each other well, as Kamui was Hoshido-born and Aqua was Nohr-born. It may also explain why Kamui's Dragon's Vein ability was trying to drown Aqua, as there may be both a Nohr and Hoshido dragon, sort of like the Grima-Naga relationship in Awakening.

She will most likely wear the Hoshido clothes until you pick a side since it wouldn't make sense for her to wear Nohr clothing while she lives in Hoshido. Plus that is what her official art has her wearing.

The overseas version getting one version is just speculation. Aqua doesn't appear on the Hoshido or Nohr cover anyway. She wears white in the larger promotional art, however.

The difference between Kamui's mysteriousness versus Aqua mysteriousness will be, because Kamui is the main character, you're likely to have some facts established about him right away when you play the game (though we may not know them now). He won't remain a mystery, for the most part. I have a sneaking suspicion Aqua will remain elusive until a later point in the game. Plot twists, and everything. There may be a reason she's shown in a choke hold. I dunno if she herself can change into a dragon thing.

I'm not sure if Aqua will even have changing clothing in game. I haven't seen her in the dark outfit outside of that one trailer. Is she in dark purple and a veil in other screen shots?

Edited by Crysta

I wonder what the veil is for. It would be quite inconvenient/uncomfortable having to sing with that thing. Unless she suddenly changes to Dancer after joining Nohr which makes absolutely no sense narrative-wise.

So...did anybody talk about why Aqua is back in Nohr if Hoshido held her prisoner (of course this is assuming she was kidnapped at a young age) and why Garon doesn't seem to recognize his daughter is dancing for him? I find it slightly more understandable in her black dress since she's wearing a veil, but the white dress doesn't get the benefit of this doubt.

On a side note, I really want to know where Aqua got her blue hair from. I assume Garon's wife had purple hair and that's where Camilla got it from while Garon had blonde hair in his younger days.

On a side note, I really want to know where Aqua got her blue hair from. I assume Garon's wife had purple hair and that's where Camilla got it from while Garon had blonde hair in his younger days.

It's a long shot but she might be an illegitimate child, thus not sharing the same mother as the rest of the nohr siblings.

It is Possible that Garon's Brother/Sister/Father/Mother or His wife's Brother/Sister/Father/Mother has Aqua(or what ever her name is)'s hair colour.

Tsar Nicholas II and King George V were cousins but looked identical. Stranger Genetic stuff has happened.

Now that we know a bit more about her...I'm wondering about how Nohr handled their missing princess situation. Was kidnapping kamui a response to it? Was there ever any overlap with both of them in hoshido, or both of them in nohr? It seems unlikely they were kidnapped at exactly the same time. Although unlike Kamui who was raised as one of the royals, Aqua may have been hidden away somewhere and nowhere near the royal family when she was in Hoshido.

I actually have a theory about Aqua's dance, its not exactly a performance, its a ritual of some sort. According to some released screenshots of the CGI cutscene in later parts it looks like her dance is manipulating the water about her and presumably acts as her dragon's vein.

I actually have a theory about Aqua's dance, its not exactly a performance, its a ritual of some sort. According to some released screenshots of the CGI cutscene in later parts it looks like her dance is manipulating the water about her and presumably acts as her dragon's vein.

Considering the fact that she is dancing in an area in the trailer that has an indoor... pool, you can see it as the camera zooms out from Garon, it's probably the same scene. (Yes, I am slow)