Any chance the 2016 release date will be revised?

To give you a comparison:

Fire emblem awakening was released in Japan on April 19th, 2012, and wasn't released in North America until February 4, 2013. That's 10 months.

I actually really really hope it won't don't think it will take them any longer to translate IF, largely because it's made using the same engine, so they won't have to do as much recoding. Historically, games made with the same engine have been localized faster.

Doubt it.If it does,I'd die of shock.The only games that were released early were Pokemon X and Y and Super Smash Bros for 3DS,but it was only some places (like Canada and Europe for X/Y),and it the broke street date.

Edited by ShadowShine

i don't think it has a chance in the slightest.

When they say 2016 this close to the japan release date (and the rest of us for that matter im guessing February but i think it definitely will be whithin a years time) they most likely are quite sure it will be 2016, also with the best time to sell a video game, even if it is ahead of schedule , they will probably want to sell it at a good time, and if they cant get it out before the Christmas holiday season? Yeah my guess is February to April.2016

I dont mind wishful thinking but it is probably going to be less than a year from now, its not that long of a wait.

If our next direct doesn't show gameplay in english (which it most likely won't) their is no chance for 2015 date. I personally think if this game was the length of awakening (IF is 2x as big and 3x when the 3rd path comes out) we would have gotten it this year, but since it contains a lot more total content we will have to wait.

I think it is worth it in the end.

You also need to remember that the amount of time localization requires is not the only factor. Nintendo also plans their release schedule with a number of different games in mind, and will segregate them to prevent cannibalization. With Xenoblade releasing this winter, there is no chance that Nintendo would send Fire Emblem out against it.