How does Aegis/Pavise work?

Do they only proc when enemy has the relevant weapon type or do they just random proc making having both somewhat counter productive as one could proc against the wrong weapon type?

Sorry for new top on such a simple question I just couldn't find the answer.

Yep, and the percentage of Pavise/Aegis to happen is, if I good remember :

(Skl/2)%.

Pavise protect you against swords, axes, beaststones, and lances, when Aegis just protect you against bows and tomes, and dragonstones, if I good remember.

Considering they don't get much Def or Res, yep, it's a good idea.

Still, it takes 2 slots so maybe it's a bit much.

Avatar tournament ? What is this ? :o

Well, that would be amazing, but since I got my FE 3DS stolen, I'll not be able to do it. :[

I'LL BE WAITING THE IF ONE. o/

You can get 100% proc chance for each one? o.0

Have Chrom marry Olivia or Maribelle, then have either Inigo or Brady marry a female avatar with skill as the asset and a flaw that doesn't reduce skill, and then have Morgan equip the rightful king skill he gets from Inigo or Brady, be an assassin, equip mystletainn, have a skill tonic, equip limit breaker, and get rally heart, rally spectrum and rally skill used on him in one turn, and have him paired up with a hero, sniper or villager with at least 30 skill.

48 base skill of assassin + 2 from tonics + 7 from mods + 5 from Mystletainn + 8 from pair-up + 10 from limit breaker + 10 from rallies = 90 skill. + 10% proc rate from rightful king = 100% proc rate for any skill with a skill% chance.

I'm thinking of doing a berserker for that avatar tournament if it's still going so I thought it would be good seen can only take 3 classes, high damage with potentially good defense

Oh nice, I don't have dlcs so I can't get limit breaker so I can't do that :(

In that case, PavGis on a berserker probably won't really work that well.

Zerkers have one of the worst skill caps in the whole game (35, I think?), so you'll have an activation chance for PavGis of just about a third.

If you're looking for extra durability, you could consider either a healing skill (Maybe Sol with Braves?) or just using breakers.

Swordbreaker comes to mind, cause without it you'd have quite terrible hit rates against swordies anyways; alternatively also Tomebreaker if you're worried because of berserkers' low res. Both would not just protect you from half the damage in a third of the cases, but give you an extra 50% chance of dodging the damage altogether and also buff up your hitrates - at the cost of only working against one weapon type, of course.

In that case, PavGis on a berserker probably won't really work that well.

Zerkers have one of the worst skill caps in the whole game (35, I think?), so you'll have an activation chance for PavGis of just about a third.

If you're looking for extra durability, you could consider either a healing skill (Maybe Sol with Braves?) or just using breakers.

Swordbreaker comes to mind, cause without it you'd have quite terrible hit rates against swordies anyways; alternatively also Tomebreaker if you're worried because of berserkers' low res. Both would not just protect you from half the damage in a third of the cases, but give you an extra 50% chance of dodging the damage altogether and also buff up your hitrates - at the cost of only working against one weapon type, of course.

This is pretty good advice. Berserkers do indeed have terrible Skl (second worst, the lowly Great Knight is one point lower) and their defenses are really bad so you'll still take a large amount of damage.

If you want a tanky, well-defended build, I'd advise using a +Spd Hero with LB (if allowed) and All+2. You'll be fast enough that only a +Spd Assassin with LB (again, if allowed), All+2 and Spd+2 (nobody's going to do that) will double you, and 40/36 defenses with 46 Skl for PavGis is much better than what Berserker has to offer. You could then run both of PavGis, or just Pavise and Res+10 if you like, and use the last skillslot either for offense (Luna will give between +20 and +30 against LB foes, while Counter dishes out serious pain to anyone fighting at 1-range) or healing (Renewal is probably your best bet). Your weapon should probably be Ragnell for the extra Def and 1-2 range (so you don't get wrecked by Counter and don't have to eat retaliation from 1-range Brave holders).

Well, that would be amazing, but since I got my FE 3DS stolen, I'll not be able to do it. :[

I'LL BE WAITING THE IF ONE. o/

You don't need a 3ds to play.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I don't have any of the dlcs so I can't get Res+10 or All+2 or LB and LB isn't alloowed anyway although the other 2 are.

And you do need a 3DS to play Awakening as its a 3DS game which can't be played on a normal DS