Kamui may not be a manakete, the lore may be going back to jugdral again.

dragonlordsd

Thracia's final boss? Hahahaha, it's a complete joke. (the chapter itself is interesting, but the boss is hilariously terrible)

Good to know, I'm presently on chap. 7 in Thracia in my run.

Back on topic, FE6 had a bunch of dragons in Arcadia who couldn't transform from their human forms for whatever reason.

Maybe it's a similer situation with Hoshido and Nohr's royal families.

He better be a Manakete, otherwise my plan to make Kamui Nils to go with Niniqua will be derailed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In D&D there is a class called Sorcerer that can cast spells naturally, without any tome. Because one of their ancestor was a dragon. Or a demon. Or an angel. It doesn't mean that his parents or his siblings are Sorcerers, or even special, it just mean that the dude had a special ancestor, and he got lucky.

Heck, it doesn't mean that when a dragon and a human have sex, the kid will be special.

There is also a prestige class called Dragon Disciple, accessible for characters with the feat dragon bloodline and know dragon language, the point is to willingly tap into your dragonic heritage to become a human-dragon. Which is as fucking badass as it sounds. And in some case a vicious gamebreaker.

Sorry for the nitpick but isn't there a half dragon template, that seems pretty freaking special to me,

Back on topic, FE6 had a bunch of dragons in Arcadia who couldn't transform from their human forms for whatever reason.

Maybe it's a similer situation with Hoshido and Nohr's royal families.

??? Which dragons were those? As far as I remember, all of the FE6 dragons could change. Same with FE7.

Was it that they couldn't transform, or that they chose not to?

The Arcadian dragons, Sophia is one of them. According to the Elder you meet shortly after the desert chapter from heck, the dragons of Arcadia, with the exception of Fae, cannot transform anymore.

Sorry for the nitpick but isn't there a half dragon template, that seems pretty freaking special to me,

Eh, I didn't even knew they existed, and I didn't find much informations about them. Just the bare minimum. :/

I'm not even sure if that's official.

The Arcadian dragons, Sophia is one of them. According to the Elder you meet shortly after the desert chapter from heck, the dragons of Arcadia, with the exception of Fae, cannot transform anymore.

Sofia is half dragon, not full dragon. I think Fae was the only pure dragon in Arcadia. This is both from the game and from the manga.

Additionally, the pictures of Arcadia from Athos' description show several dragons in the background. Fae is simply the only true dragon that is encountered.

??? Which dragons were those? As far as I remember, all of the FE6 dragons could change. Same with FE7.

Was it that they couldn't transform, or that they chose not to?

It's because most of them only had partial dragon blood. Someone mentions this, I think Sophia does in a support.

If the creators are calling Kamui a manakete, then they're a manakete.

I'm honestly curious as to how Kamui won the superpower lottery though. Was there something going on during conception? Was it pure luck? Was it something else going on?

If I had to guess it's probably like how in Genealogy some characters Inherit Major Blood and others inherit Minor or in Awakening where Validar has the Blood of Grima but Robin has Blood of Grima but also the Heart of Grima needed to be a vessel.

"In addition to being royalty, our protagonist has the blood of dragons flowing through their veins. Because of that blood, it seems they are able to use a dragonstone to change and fight in the form of a dragon. Could this have something to do with the Mamkute [Manakete] class that has been in the series up until now?"

This makes me think that it might not actually be Kamui's own power stored in the dragonstone(as in a typical Manakete) and that they might be accessing or channeling a particular Manakete's power through it. Like he/she is vessel for a dragon kind of like Robin or Julius except a more physical manifestation through the Dragonstone.

Wha- seriously ? Sheesh, now I feel dumb.

... does it change the credibility of what I said above ? :o

Just a bit its just one line that is totally wrong, though it does not help your point on sorcerers. The rest is unaffected, Mainly its just me nitpicking.

This makes me think that it might not actually be Kamui's own power stored in the dragonstone(as in a typical Manakete) and that they might be accessing or channeling a particular Manakete's power through it.

Like how Tiki can use dragonstones that don't belong to her? (Example, she can use Bantu's firestone in Shadow Dragon)

This makes me think that it might not actually be Kamui's own power stored in the dragonstone(as in a typical Manakete) and that they might be accessing or channeling a particular Manakete's power through it. Like he/she is vessel for a dragon kind of like Robin or Julius except a more physical manifestation through the Dragonstone.

That's how I figured half-manaketes worked. Unlike true dragons, they were born human so they they don't need to seal their powers in a dragon stone, they just need it to access the power inherit in their blood.

Here's how I understood it, from both the mangas and the games:

Dragons seal their power into their own personal dragon stone, however, they can use other dragon's dragon stones to transform. When they use another dragon's stone, they gain that dragon's abilities, instead of their own. This is why Tiki can use Bantu's dragon stone, but when she does, she is accessing bantu's power, and turns into a fire dragon, instead of a divine dragon. This is why the abilities of a manakete change based on the kind of stone they are using.

In the various mangas, the manakete frequently refer to certain dragonstones as being "theirs," but others as just being "dragon stones."

Half-manakete who can transform are therefore dragons and have their own stones, but can use other stones too.

Half-manakete who can transform are therefore dragons and have their own stones, but can use other stones too.

l don't know man, now I'm imaging human women giving birth to dragons and dragonbabies sealing their powers in their own dragonstones. I think they're limited to other manakete's dragonstones.

As for Kamui, if we're using 'uses dragonstones to attack' then sure but if the definition is 'dragon who decided to become human and sealed own power in dragonstone' not so much. Either way, Kamui is not exactly any type of Manakete we've seen before; they're more of a mixture of all of them. I personally think Kamui's going to be something a little different.

Also, Kamui totally only has enough blood because he's blood related to both sides of the family if you know what I mean.

Edited by Venterqua

Dragons seal their power into their own personal dragon stone, however, they can use other dragon's dragon stones to transform. When they use another dragon's stone, they gain that dragon's abilities, instead of their own. This is why Tiki can use Bantu's dragon stone, but when she does, she is accessing bantu's power, and turns into a fire dragon, instead of a divine dragon. This is why the abilities of a manakete change based on the kind of stone they are using.

But is Tiki using multiple dragon stones canon? It might just be a game mechanic in the same way you can have Lucina get married to Owain despite them being cousins.

l don't know man, now I'm imaging human women giving birth to dragons and dragonbabies sealing their powers in their own dragonstones. I think they're limited to other manakete's dragonstones.

As for Kamui, if we're using 'uses dragonstones to attack' then sure but if the definition is 'dragon who decided to become human and sealed own power in dragonstone' not so much. Either way, Kamui is not exactly any type of Manakete we've seen before; they're more of a mixture of all of them. I personally think Kamui's going to be something a little different.

Also, Kamui totally only has enough blood because he's blood related to both sides of the family if you know what I mean.

Now, this is from the manga (not the game):

http://www.mangachapter.me/11265/fire-emblem-hasha-no-tsurugi/32-35.html

But everything in binding blade indicates that they are born as dragons, not humans.

Again, Awakening was the first time the possibility of a human/dragon child being able to also turn into a dragon. Although there are other children who are born of dragons, in none of the other games can they transform. (Sophia, whoever Ninian's child is, etc.)

Also, as to human women giving birth to dragons, there has never been a union between a male dragon and a female human in any of the games.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Again, Awakening was the first time the possibility of a human/dragon child being able to also turn into a dragon. Although there are other children who are born of dragons, in none of the other games can they transform. (Sophia, whoever Ninian's child is, etc.)

Ninian and Nils are both half dragons, not fullblooded. (Their mother was an Aenir, an ice dragon, and their father was Nergal)

Edited by L95

Now, this is from the manga (not the game):

http://www.mangachapter.me/11265/fire-emblem-hasha-no-tsurugi/32-35.html

But everything in binding blade indicates that they are born as dragons, not humans.

Also, as to human women giving birth to dragons, there has never been a union between a male dragon and a female human in any of the games.

Well, yeah those are full-manaketes aren't they?

And the fact that the other half dragons are born human w/o the ability to transform is why I think half-manaketes couldn't make their own dragonstones. I think Awakening added quite a bit of wiggle room when it came to dragon lore and I think they're going to add more in If.

Ninian and Nils are both half dragons, not fullblooded. (Their mother was an Aenir, an ice dragon, and their father was Nergal)

Nevermind, I completely forgot about this. And they started as dragons too didn't they? Hmmm, at this point I don't even know anymore lol, just that Kamui is definitely different than every other example.

Nevermind, I completely forgot about this. And they started as dragons too didn't they? Hmmm, at this point I don't even know anymore lol, just that Kamui is definitely different than every other example.

Not sure on that, actually. They look like small human children when the game shows the flashback of Nergal telling them to go through the gate.

Not sure on that, actually. They look like small human children when the game shows the flashback of Nergal telling them to go through the gate.

Maybe I need to go play fe7 again lol. But they did have dragon forms at some point (at least Ninian's was shown). Maybe the entrance into the Dragon's Gate gave them the ability to take on dragon forms? I don't recall them having drangonstones either, though that could be an oversight due to this game's focus on quintessence...

Maybe I need to go play fe7 again lol. But they did have dragon forms at some point (at least Ninian's was shown). Maybe the entrance into the Dragon's Gate gave them the ability to take on dragon forms? I don't recall them having drangonstones either, though that could be an oversight due to this game's focus on quintessence...

Yes, they have dragon forms, Eliwood kills Ninian when she approaches him in dragon form, its a major plot point.

They even have dragonstones, this is mentioned twice.

Limstella:

Welcome home, Master.

Nergal:

Limstella, look at this.

Limstella:

The children's dragon stone. What will you do with it?

Nergal:

I will infuse it with quintessence.

In order to sustain ourselves, in order to breathe the air of this world, we took human form. We placed our energies within a dragonstone.

I almost wonder if Nils is implying they put their power in a single stone or if that is a wee error due to Japanese not really having plurals like English.

Yes, they have dragon forms, Eliwood kills Ninian when she approaches him in dragon form, its a major plot point.

They even have dragonstones, this is mentioned twice.

I almost wonder if Nils is implying they put their power in a single stone or if that is a wee error due to Japanese not really having plurals like English.

I remember the plot point lol, I was more questioning if Nils dragon form was also shown ingame. I did utterly forget about their dragonstone(s). Speaking of which, considering how they can transfer energy and are essentially the same unit, I wouldn't be surprised if they only had a single dragonstone between them.

Though re-reading that scene,

Nergal:

The dragon girl… Ninian's essence. Beautiful… Absolutely beautiful…… With this, I will be able to call dragons whenever I please.

they could each have their own. Which would make more sense of Ninian transforming to defeat the fire dragons after Nergal stole the quintessence of her dragonstone.

Nils is showm in in dragon form in a flashback to when Nils is talking about when Nergal first called out to them.

Ninian doesn't actually transform when she reks the fire dragons, her map sprite stays human and the Fim... Fimbulveter map animation plays. (though perhaps this is a graphical/asset limitation?)