Kamui may not be a manakete, the lore may be going back to jugdral again.

dragonlordsd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragons that refused human form are never called manakete, to my knowledge.

I've only played the english versions, but this is consistent except in FE 8. In FE 8, the entire race is referred to as "manakete."

In FE 6/7, the dragons that don't transform are just "dragons" (like the fire dragons Nergal summons) and the ones that can turn into humans are "manakete."

I guess my question is, is being a manakete an ability or is it a part of being a species? If it's an ability, then both dragons and humans with dragon blood can be manaketes. If it's trait of the species, then only dragons are true manaketes. I guess it's a matter of perspective, is the dragon or the human the true form? Is Nah a dragon with her powers sealed in a dragon stone or a human with enough dragon blood to use a dragon stone?

Interesting point on the longevity. I wonder if Kamui will outlive all his siblings because of his higher concentration of dragon blood.

I don't know. So far, Kamui seems to look the part of the middle child of the family. If I had to guess right now, I don't think it'll be an issue, but what do I know.

We can guess that MU's class is obviously a reference to Fire Emblem 4.

There could be even a reference to Altenna just with MU's character.

You were raised by someone else than your family ( Trabant / Nohr ) which wanted you because of glory/power ( Altenna got Holy Blood that allowed her to wield the Gae Bolg / MU can transforms into a dragon )

I'm betting on some weird bloodline thing again. It would explain why the blood may be diluted enough to the point where the aging may not be so much of a problem, yet with the right conditions it can be utilized for maximum awesomeness.

But he is a dragon thing, at the very least.

Someone better pick up that phone because I called it.

Well, sort of.

He's a dragonthing who uses dragonstones but still functions as a generic lord swordfighter without having to reclass because he's awesome and special.

Someone better pick up that phone because I called it.

Well, sort of.

He's a dragonthing who uses dragonstones but still functions as a generic lord swordfighter without having to reclass because he's awesome and special.

Generic? Kamui clearly has a different swordplay compared to other Lords in the series if you actually watched their gameplay once. There's a lot more to swordplay than just swinging it around.

Not to mention the weird half-shift thing. Perhaps Kamui's fighting style is to use dragon abilities as much as possible to psyche out opponents.

In one of the picture, Kamui had somekind of monster mask ... maybe he'll end up being a super sentai or a kamen rider ?

... where is the rope ? I need it so I can kill myself. :o

Edited by B.Leu

I'm pretty sure it says that all of the siblings have Dragon blood (Which is why they can use the Dragon's Pulse/Vein ability, but only Kamui herself won the genetic lottery which meant that he inherited a huge amount of dragon blood (Moreso than their siblings) which is she has red eyes, pointed ears and the ability to use dragonstones. My Japanese kinda sucks so if anybody else is willing to give a better translation, we would appreciate it.

So I think it's safe to say Kamui is a manakete and that their siblings are just descendants of dragons/manaketes.

They're talking about the very bottom of the page.

In the yellow/gold/aged paper box.

pggxbuV.jpg

"In addition to being royalty, our protagonist has the blood of dragons flowing through their veins. Because of that blood, it seems they are able to use a dragonstone to change and fight in the form of a dragon. Could this have something to do with the Mamkute [Manakete] class that has been in the series up until now?"

Edited by shadowofchaos

If the creators are calling Kamui a manakete, then they're a manakete.

I'm honestly curious as to how Kamui won the superpower lottery though. Was there something going on during conception? Was it pure luck? Was it something else going on?

I'm honestly curious as to how Kamui won the superpower lottery though. Was there something going on during conception? Was it pure luck? Was it something else going on?

The others were RNG-screwed.

We can guess that MU's class is obviously a reference to Fire Emblem 4.

There could be even a reference to Altenna just with MU's character.

You were raised by someone else than your family ( Trabant / Nohr ) which wanted you because of glory/power ( Altenna got Holy Blood that allowed her to wield the Gae Bolg / MU can transforms into a dragon )

Yeah, that was one of my favorite subplots, would be interesting to see a shout out to that.

The others were RNG-screwed.

Lol.

If the creators are calling Kamui a manakete, then they're a manakete.

Hm, thinking about it, I genuinely don't know if I want there to be a reason for it or not. If there are indeed two dragons to worship, maybe he's inherited powers from both, somehow?

They're talking about the very bottom of the page.

In the yellow/gold/aged paper box.

pggxbuV.jpg

"In addition to being royalty, our protagonist has the blood of dragons flowing through their veins. Because of that blood, it seems they are able to use a dragonstone to change and fight in the form of a dragon. Could this have something to do with the Mamkute [Manakete] class that has been in the series up until now?"

The text seems to emphasize "Even among the royalty, the blood of dragons runs especially deep in the veins of our protagonist" or something to that effect, referring to how all the members of the royal family have some amount of dragon blood but only Kamui has enough of it to obtain Manakete powers.

If the royal siblings on both Hoshido and Nohr sides have (minor) dragon blood, maybe they are all distantly related to the same ancestor from which it originates. The Hoshidan queen (knowingly or unknowingly) did things with an unknown man of Nohrian noble origin and the major dragon blood offspring Kamui was conceived. Garon, blinded by his lust for power and conquest, is being manipulated by whoever is behind the eugenics master plan when it comes to kidnapping the child. Presumably the parents are far enough removed from each other on the family tree that it doesn't automatically SCREAM incest, but it is more or less a rehashing of Julius and is what the Dark Prince class is referencing. Could also explain the age rating of the game.

Is this is what you guys are getting at?

Edited by Bovinian

The text seems to emphasize "Even among the royalty, the blood of dragons runs especially deep in the veins of our protagonist" or something to that effect, referring to how all the members of the royal family have some amount of dragon blood but only Kamui has enough of it to obtain Manakete powers.

If the royal siblings on both Hoshido and Nohr sides have (minor) dragon blood, maybe they are all distantly related to the same ancestor from which it originates. The Hoshidan queen (knowingly or unknowingly) did things with an unknown man of Nohrian noble origin and the major dragon blood offspring Kamui was conceived. Garon, blinded by his lust for power and conquest, is being manipulated by whoever is behind the eugenics master plan when it comes to kidnapping the child. Presumably the parents are far enough removed from each other on the family tree that it doesn't automatically SCREAM incest, but it is more or less a rehashing of Julius and is what the Dark Prince class is referencing. Could also explain the age rating of the game.

Is this is what you guys are getting at?

Basically, just to reiterate, the point I was trying to make is that Kamui is not a manakete in the sense that Tiki, Gotoh, Xane, Nowi, Nah, etc. are manaketes. In those cases, they are dragons who have assumed human form to avoid going insane. Their true form is a dragon.

Kamui, on the other hand, I think, is either a distant descendant of a dragon human merger,

Or, as I suggested originally in this topic, has never had a dragon ancestor, but rather that his ancestors made some sort of pact in exchange for draconic power, as is the case in the Jugdral arcs.

None of Yurius' ancestors ever were dragons themselves.

Similarly, the avatar in Awakening, I believe was referred to as having "the blood of Grima" but this does not mean that he was literally descended from Grima having a child with a human, but rather that his bloodline made a pact with Grima.

To summarize, it is not that Kamui's family is literally descended from dragons, but that their ancestors made a pact with the sacred dragons and inherited their power.

Basically, just to reiterate, the point I was trying to make is that Kamui is not a manakete in the sense that Tiki, Gotoh, Xane, Nowi, Nah, etc. are manaketes. In those cases, they are dragons who have assumed human form to avoid going insane. Their true form is a dragon.

Kamui, on the other hand, I think, is either a distant descendant of a dragon human merger,

Or, as I suggested originally in this topic, has never had a dragon ancestor, but rather that his ancestors made some sort of pact in exchange for draconic power, as is the case in the Jugdral arcs.

None of Yurius' ancestors ever were dragons themselves.

Similarly, the avatar in Awakening, I believe was referred to as having "the blood of Grima" but this does not mean that he was literally descended from Grima having a child with a human, but rather that his bloodline made a pact with Grima.

To summarize, it is not that Kamui's family is literally descended from dragons, but that their ancestors made a pact with the sacred dragons and inherited their power.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I was just offering a possible explanation for how Kamui won the 'genetic lottery', so to speak, over his/her siblings that happens to tie in with the Jugdral discussion.

Blood bonding has never produced a human that can turn into a dragon. (Though, they could have changed it/introduced a new concept for this game, of course.)

It's a shame that it's never happened the way, compared to the other Final bosses of the series, FE4 and 9's felt highly anticlimatic since ever other FE bar maybe Thracia(still working on it) ended with a dragon or a god as a final boss. It feels much more rewarding slaying FE7's steriod Fire Dragon or Ashera, so I wish Julius could've transformed like a manakete into Loptyr. It would of made the battle more rewarding.

Course, I also wish Arvis was playable, and I don't like FE4 overall, so my opinion may not mesh with everyone else here.

It's a shame that it's never happened the way, compared to the other Final bosses of the series, FE4 and 9's felt highly anticlimatic since ever other FE bar maybe Thracia(still working on it) ended with a dragon or a god as a final boss. It feels much more rewarding slaying FE7's steriod Fire Dragon or Ashera, so I wish Julius could've transformed like a manakete into Loptyr. It would of made the battle more rewarding.

Course, I also wish Arvis was playable, and I don't like FE4 overall, so my opinion may not mesh with everyone else here.

A important detail is that both Loputosi and Narga tomes don't have a "world map animation" in FE4 and are the only tomes that a dragon is acrtually shown. That and the fact that in the end we see a world model of Loputosi when we kill Julius may indicate that they can actually materialize the dragons or transform the wielder temporaly and the way they are shown are because technical limitations or what not so there can be some sort of precedent.

And I wish we could play with Aerone(absurd that we can't let me kill Hannibal or Corpul for him) and kill Arvis 10 times over

Thracia's final boss? Hahahaha, it's a complete joke. (the chapter itself is interesting, but the boss is hilariously terrible)

In D&D there is a class called Sorcerer that can cast spells naturally, without any tome. Because one of their ancestor was a dragon. Or a demon. Or an angel. It doesn't mean that his parents or his siblings are Sorcerers, or even special, it just mean that the dude had a special ancestor, and he got lucky.

Heck, it doesn't mean that when a dragon and a human have sex, the kid will be special.

There is also a prestige class called Dragon Disciple, accessible for characters with the feat dragon bloodline and know dragon language, the point is to willingly tap into your dragonic heritage to become a human-dragon. Which is as fucking badass as it sounds. And in some case a vicious gamebreaker.

There is also the Reavers from Dragon Age, peope who gain powers from drinking dragon/wyvern blood with Lyrium or some crap, and apparently, the descendants of Reavers gain some sort of powers. But bioware is know for their shitty writing and enormous retcon, so you might as well forget this example.

What I mean is that sheer dumb luck is the best answer... It's also be the worst yeah.

One person being able to transform because one of his ancestors did a blood pact, well I think it's possible. The blood can dispear in one guy, then reappear in another, it can also mutate. Though I give you that, it can take A LOT of time to mutate, but sometime not at all. It's random.

In FE5, there is a moment were a girl (Linoan ?) talk to a dude, and zoop, the dude awaken her naga blood, Naga. Blood. Wtf.

Long ass post is long.

Also lol, in another topic I said that comparing real life and fiction is iffy, and I do exaclty that here. Granted, it's not the same subject and all, but shaddup, it's funny.

Edited by B.Leu