21st May Magazine Leaks/Previews

Lushiris

Also, there's this.

Cyrus the Cavalier and Oboro the Lance Fighter (might be a better name for this).

EDIT: Remind me to reupload.

Since Oboro carries a naginata and only has 5 Mov (not mounted), could he/she be the Hoshidan equivalent of Soldier? Does that count as a playable soldier? XD

Also, is that skill a red eye? Nihil?

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting thing about Cyrus is that one of his skills seems likely to be outdoor fighter, and he's a cavalier. And since it's not his first, enlightened skill, this could mean that these are not tied to class.

Edited by Cysx

Another tidbit: weapons can now grant Avoid. So no Weight, but they give Avoid. Interesting...

Also, any Japanese experts around to check this?

例:鋼の剣   回避-5、追撃しにくい

When it says "difficult" to double attack, does that actually mean "impossible" or literally just difficult?

When it says "difficult" to double attack, does that actually mean "impossible" or literally just difficult?

The blog says 追撃しにくい-3 though, if that helps.

This sounds like a greater anime/manga tropes than Awakening! This is awesome :) A new era for the FE series to attract new fans and retain fans brought in from Awakening.

And lose the old ones.

It does not make sense at all.

At this rate it would be better if IS had a chance to make a new ip that had nothing related to tactics or anything else

So are 'Hidden Weapons' ranged? I'm assuming they are as that would mean each facet contains 1 weapon that is typically melee with one that can be ranged.

I think the new WT is quite exciting if its true. If IS have paid this much attention to the new weapons system, it does make me much more confident that they can pull of infinite weapon durability properly.

So are 'Hidden Weapons' ranged? I'm assuming they are as that would mean each facet contains 1 weapon that is typically melee with one that can be ranged.

I think the new WT is quite exciting if its true. If IS have paid this much attention to the new weapons system, it does make me much more confident that they can pull of infinite weapon durability properly.

I don't know, if "hidden weapons" include knives and shurikens, then we've had long-ranged throwing knives in some past games while shurikens can also be thrown in real life.

Steel Sword: Avoid -5, "difficult" to double attack

Silver Sword: Critical Evade -5, reduces enemy's(?) Strength and Skill by 2

Brave Sword: Allows 2 consecutive attacks, Defence and Resistance -4

I knew it! Weapons will now give buff and debuff.

But it seem like each new infos is just making the game harder to yolo through... Can't just brute force through the game like the previous games in the series.

Edited by Awakener_

The blog says 追撃しにくい-3 though, if that helps.

Yeah, they just updated the descriptions.

• Bronze Sword: Cannot critical, but boosts Critical Evade by 10
  • Iron Sword: Nothing special
  • Steel Sword: Avoid -5, double attack threshold -3
  • Silver Sword: Critical Evade -5; after using, Strength and Skill -2 until next turn
  • Brave Sword: Allows 2 consecutive attacks, Defence and Resistance -4

If the information is accurate, then for the case of swords, it looks like Bronze and Iron are great for general purposes, especially defensive situations, if people don't mind having reduced damage output.

Edited by Roflolxp54

The new WT looks neat, I like how it will make archers more dangerous to pegasi, same for mages vs wyverns/fighters and pegasi vs mages...

Eh, but what does it mean though? Is it the same as Speed-3?

I think you need +/-8 spd to double the enemy (and be doubled ?) instead of +/-5 spd...

Edited by Lakmé

The new weapon triangle will be my mortal enemy, since I tend to rely far too much on swords and magic; lances will wreck my team.

And just to make sure we're on the same page here: Great Butler sounds really stupid, right? Like, very, very dumb?

Japanese class names tend to sound really Engrishy though, not just in this game (e.g Cavalier = Social Knight), so I'm sure that'll be changed in the localization.

Edited by Ryo

Since all weapon types are within one weapon triangle, I think this could promote the idea of a larger army. Previously a mage could potentially take on a large group of physical units with proper support as they were always outside the main WT. Now if one Paladin actually uses a Lance it could be game over for them without more units backing them up.

As for Great Butlers, tbh I'm surprised this hasn't happened in the series before now with all the royals running around.

Well, apart from this guy.

I also found it weird that no-one stirred until Maid and Butler became actual classes, despite the fact that Felicia and..Joker(?) have been on the boxart for a month now.

Ah, nothing like making the weapon triangle so complex that it's hard to remember what everything does! But, it does give faster but less STR units(ninjas, etc.) more utility :D

If people can understand and remember how 18 pokemon types interact without much rhyme or reason than I'm sure FE fans will be fine. Technically this is simpler than say, FE9 where there were 2 WTs, with a 3rd WT within a single weapon type. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Edited by Aurath8

Japanese class names tend to sound really Engrishy though, not just in this game (e.g Cavalier = Social Knight), so I'm sure that'll be changed in the localization.

Oh God, I thought I misread that...but no, apparently I didn't. At the very least, it gives me hope for the butler class.

The red/blue/green square system thing will hopefully make it easier (or even eliminate the need) to remember the new weapon triangle. Might as well go all out and introduce Swordtomereavers / Axebowreavers / Lancehiddenweaponreavers!

Ah, nothing like making the weapon triangle so complex that it's hard to remember what everything does! But, it does give faster but less STR units(ninjas, etc.) more utility :D

That is what the color coding is for.

Edit: Saizou'd again.

Although there is no deying that this game is looking much more complex than Awakening. In my book that's great news, but in terms of accessibility, that's a weird choice.

Edited by Cysx

as in, persistent debuff?

I can't wait to get swarmed by enemies wielding debuffing weapons...

I guess archers will be more useful as they have an advantage over those weapons and can take them out from a distance before getting debuffed.

Oh God, I thought I misread that...but no, apparently I didn't. At the very least, it gives me hope for the butler class.

I can see it being pretty easily changed to bodyguard without losing it's overall meaning but sounding much better.

Edited by Eveangaline