I actually like the new Weapon Triangle.

Knight

Bow beating Hidden Weapons is pretty awesome to imagine.

Archer and Snipers are well known for their fantastic eyesight, so they can notice suspicious actions and disarm them before they even start to move.

And Gunther is going to be extremely usefull in the harder difficulties. (even in Normal ones actually)

It's the first Jeigan to have a total control of the WTA.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Gunther is going to be extremely usefull in the harder difficulties. (even in Normal ones actually)

It's the first Jeigan to have a total control of the WTA.

Frederick was, actually. Unless you're doing the Jeigan/Oifaye differentiation, which in that case resaults in you assuming that Gunther will be a pure Jeigan. But anyway, back on topic.

The new weapon triangle now means that cavaliers can effectively engage archers and mages (and I'm perfectly fine with that). Overall, I like it.

I really like this change, and I think it adds a lot of strategical possibilities, like Knights finally have a strong point against mages, thanks to WTA.

The only thing I don't like is the advantage that now Magic has over Bows. As already said, Magic becomes the primary ranged weapon, and I really hope Hidden Weapons will be 2 range only(it makes sense with shurikens), otherwise Bows will be completely outclassed. Who knows, maybe bows will have awsome buffs, like +15 Crit or +4 Def and Res.

Edited by Soen

I really like this change, and I think it adds a lot of strategical possibilities, like Knights finally have a strong point against mages, thanks to WTA.

The only thing I don't like is the advantage that now Magic has over Bows. As already said, Magic becomes the primary ranged weapon, and I really hope Hidden Weapons will be 2 range only(it makes sense with shurikens), otherwise Bows will be completely outclassed. Who knows, maybe bows will have awsome buffs, like +15 Crit or +4 Def and Res.

Sorry to dash your hopes but the green hair ninja attacks up close in the trailer.

Unless he is using a weird shaped (dual?) sword that looks an awful lot like a dagger, and ninjas can also use swords.

It's easy to buff bows

Just bring them back to FE Gaiden's 1-5 range standard

Even I don't know why I want that back so much

Nope, as you can see in the January trailer Bows don't have 1 range. I at least hope they give good buffs, to counter all the other weapons

Bronze bows may have 6 might, and iron bows 8. To me that seems quite high honestly.

QbnP7bu.jpg2KdNPEt.jpg

... assuming C rank in bows still gives +1 attack. But even if it gives more, it's still a buff for bows in the end, albeit a bit of a different one.

Edited by Cysx

Frederick was, actually. Unless you're doing the Jeigan/Oifaye differentiation, which in that case resaults in you assuming that Gunther will be a pure Jeigan. But anyway, back on topic.

The new weapon triangle now means that cavaliers can effectively engage archers and mages (and I'm perfectly fine with that). Overall, I like it.

Frederck didn't had WTA over Magic and Bow.

Granted Dragonstones are still out of the WTA,, but I don't think you'll encounter a lot of them (at least not early on, when Jeigan really matters).

Finally a new which proves that this FE will not be consumed by the Casual spirit, and that they indeed want to touch the veterans by changing that.

Imo, it's really a good change, and it will add more usefulness to the archers/snipers/horsemen.

^^ no one at all had full weapon triangle advantage until this game so i don't see your point.

Actually I think he is talking about weapon type advantage, not weapon triangle advantage. Of which the difference is mastery against every weapon then just what is in the triangle (which isn't entirely true given Dragonstones, unless the enemy doesn't have access to Dragonstones.).

Also the first jeigan, that I know of (can't comment on the Japanese only games), to have full weapon triangle mastery in its regular state was Marcus.

Actually I think he is talking about weapon type advantage, not weapon triangle advantage. Of which the difference is mastery against every weapon then just what is in the triangle (which isn't entirely true given Dragonstones, unless the enemy doesn't have access to Dragonstones.).

Yeah, that. Same thing basically now.

The "range trinity" is aite. Would've preferred Bows -> Magic -> Throwing, since Bows really wanted that sort of a buff. Archers are already the worst units, why did Archers need to be nerfed against ranged attacks that do the most damage?

Overlapping the triangles, though? That makes almost zero sense.

Edited by Arch

The "range trinity" is aite. Would've preferred Bows -> Magic -> Throwing, since Bows really wanted that sort of a buff. Archers are already the worst units, why did Archers need to be nerfed against ranged attacks that do the most damage?Overlapping the triangles, though? That makes almost zero sense.

Actually, overlapping the triangles makes plenty of sense when it comes to PR.

Think about it, old fans are glad to have magic back in the triangle, while Awakening newbies don't have to memorize that much more.

Also, we don't know what all hidden weapons entail, so this may very well be the buff bows need.

Even tho 1-5 range bows isn't back for all bows as shown by that screenie, it could still apply to different bow types, like crossbows, to give the nessecery buff.

Actually, overlapping the triangles makes plenty of sense when it comes to PR.

Think about it, old fans are glad to have magic back in the triangle, while Awakening newbies don't have to memorize that much more.

Also, we don't know what all hidden weapons entail, so this may very well be the buff bows need.

Actually, it's worse from a PR perspective too. Now you have to watch out for two weapon types you're at a disadvantage against, rather than just one relationship between types with two separate triangles. The overlap is weird to me no matter how it's framed. Edited by Arch

Actually, it's worse from a PR perspective too. Now you have to watch out for two weapon types you're at a disadvantage against, rather than just one relationship between types with two separate triangles. The overlap is weird to me no matter how it's framed.

Eh? I think it also helps solidify certain unit niches. Pegasus and wyvern units for instance. Pegasi have been the physical unit with high res to take on magic units but not strong enough to really handle physical units and vice versa for wyverns. I think the addition of magic into the triangle solidifies that.

Eh? I think it also helps solidify certain unit niches. Pegasus and wyvern units for instance. Pegasi have been the physical unit with high res to take on magic units but not strong enough to really handle physical units and vice versa for wyverns. I think the addition of magic into the triangle solidifies that.

For Swords, players have to know that they're weak against Lances and Throwing Weapons, strong against Axes and Bows. What you have to remember is effectively doubled by the overlap, versus what you'd need to memorize with two separate triangles.

Also, how does this help solidify the aerial classes? Now they're at a further disadvantage against bows, and the only buff they get is being better at fighting mages which they were already good at. It's practically a useless change. If dracos use axes, they're about to get killed even worse by magic, and all they get is an edge fighting off those throwing weapons. Not to mention that these are all ranged weapons; as in, you won't be counter-attacking them anyways so a slight avo boost is basically all you'll get.

Edited by Arch

For Swords, players have to know that they're weak against Lances and Throwing Weapons, strong against Axes and Bows. What you have to remember is effectively doubled by the overlap, versus what you'd need to memorize with two separate triangles.

Also, how does this help solidify the aerial classes? Now they're at a further disadvantage against bows, and the only buff they get is being better at fighting mages which they were already good at. It's practically a useless change. If dracos use axes, they're about to get killed even worse by magic, and all they get is an edge fighting off those throwing weapons. Not to mention that these are all ranged weapons; as in, you won't be counter-attacking them anyways so a slight avo boost is basically all you'll get.

That's why they added the color background to weapon icons so you don't have to memorize.

I said it helps solidify their niche as in further emphasizes what the class is supposed to be used for. Flyers are supposed to get decimated by bows. In older titles the advantage bows had in terms of damage meant squat by late game because your pegs had enough avoid to not get hit anyway (except for crossbows but that was about their only legitimate use). There's also the possibility for wyverns that they've gone back to the FE10 classification where bows were no more effective against them than any other non-pegasus/hawk/raven unit but they got destroyed by anybody with a lightning tome.

I'm pretty positive about this change too. As has been brought up, I really like how it solidifies the bows > pegasus knights comparison (assuming they're still largely lance-locked) and also magic > wyverns.

Only unintuitive thing to me will be getting used to magic > bows, and only because I played Suikoden 1 a bunch when I was a teenager.

I don't see why that should be a bad thing. Fliers have always been the best classes in FE, and IMO nerfing them would make the game more balanced overall. On the other hand, Bows needed an improvement. If they can't even do the only job they should be good at because your Pegs/Wyverns are too dodgy, something is wrong.

Iron Shurikens have 4 Mt, 85 Hit, 1-2 range, raise Speed by 2 and decrease the enemy's Magic, Defense and Resistance by 3 for one turn. Best chipping weapon ever seen. Now I hope that other Hidden Weapons won't be as broken.

I assume Knives are back and part of this class, which would make some hidden weapons 1 range only

I also assume some hidden weapons are 2 range only, but I can't come with one of the top of my head.

It's neat that these stat nerfing weapons will likely be theif clas tree locked, since 4 MT doesn't allow for much if any damage to be done to most targets, but the stat nerfs will still take effect, so you can use these to enable ANOTHER unit to easily boss kill.

They, along with other weapons with similer effects, also prevent a player from using the good old "OP unit owns everything" plan.

Seriously, your own weapons will now decrease you're stats as a swordsman unless you're fielding a bronze or iron sword.

I assume Knives are back and part of this class, which would make some hidden weapons 1 range only

I also assume some hidden weapons are 2 range only, but I can't come with one of the top of my head.

It's neat that these stat nerfing weapons will likely be theif clas tree locked, since 4 MT doesn't allow for much if any damage to be done to most targets, but the stat nerfs will still take effect, so you can use these to enable ANOTHER unit to easily boss kill.

They, along with other weapons with similer effects, also prevent a player from using the good old "OP unit owns everything" plan.

Seriously, your own weapons will now decrease you're stats as a swordsman unless you're fielding a bronze or iron sword.

All hidden weapons shown so far are 1~2 ranges, including Felicia's knife. And I think it was stated somewhere that they are all 1~2 ranges anyway?

Don't think Thieves can use them (they're bow locked now I believe) instead they are used by the Ninja class (only weapon they can use I believe) and the Maid/Butler class (who can use the hidden weapons + staves).

Well,the axe has always been the weapon powerhouse of the series.being known for being strong and slow,and bows are paired up with the axes,I think I can safely say that bows will be getting some sort of buff maybe more strength,to negate that weird magic nerf they got.