I actually like the new Weapon Triangle.

Knight

Well,the axe has always been the weapon powerhouse of the series.being known for being strong and slow,and bows are paired up with the axes,I think I can safely say that bows will be getting some sort of buff maybe more strength,to negate that weird magic nerf they got.

Depending how good Hidden weapons are. Hawing WTA over them may be a pretty good advantage on itself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,the axe has always been the weapon powerhouse of the series.being known for being strong and slow,and bows are paired up with the axes,I think I can safely say that bows will be getting some sort of buff maybe more strength,to negate that weird magic nerf they got.

One of the screenshots on amazon.co.jp's page for the game suggests the Iron Bow has 8 might now which is 2 points higher than Awakening which may mean they'll has the same might as axes. We know the Iron Sword and Iron Lance are both 1 might stronger than they are in Awakening and I'd assume the Iron Axe will be 1 point stronger as well(otherwise the Iron Lance and Axe would have the same might).

If the weapon rank bonuses remain the same(therefore A-rank axes is +1 might, 25 hit and A-rank Bows is +2 might, +10 hit) it would mean that at A-rank Bows could the highest attack power for equivalent physical weapons(Iron/Steel/Silver/etc.). At the very least they'll be a lot better at defeating flying enemies for certain since even the Iron Bow will have 24 effective attack against them.

I cant help but feel sorry for the dark knight class as it now carries two weapons in the same spot on the triangle same with the warrior class

The one thing that really throws me off is bows being < magic, in large part because of Yggdra Union.

Edited by Levant Caprice

The one thing that really throws me off is bows being < magic, in large part because of Yggdra Union.

It does seem a little odd. Maybe archers are wearing less armor and therefor...less equiped to be hit by a fireball?

It does seem a little odd. Maybe archers are wearing less armor and therefor...less equiped to be hit by a fireball?

Actually,wouldn't the oppisite be true, since heavily armored knights get slaghtered by mages.