Any marriage or romance hinted at?

I hope that marriages are in Fire Emblem if. However, instead of having super back to the future kids, why not make it so some marriages (especially for Kamui, Aqua, older bro/aniki, older sis/onee-san, other bro/nii-chan, and imouto/little sister) have significant political, military, and/or economic consequences?

I also love this idea but I don't think if is gonna do this haha. But definitely something for a big budget release.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda hope not. There's no where on the status screen for another icon to fit (unless we're discussing the book icon, which I hope think is just a short-cut for tutorials).

All those people are dead wrong. Awakening sold better mainly because of better marketing and casual mode. No FE game got nearly as much advertising and marketing as this one did. And permadeath was a thing that turned many people away from the series, and with casual mode eliminating that, they finally played it.

Damn right! Finally somebody lays it out as it is. If virtually any other fire emblem game had casual mode and had been advertised, it would have met with similiar success.

Maybe this could be a thing in a console FE? The 3DS just doesn't sound like it could handle something of this magnitude.

By the way this is a great idea that I'd love to see implemented some day.

Please tell me you're joking. Or are you one of those people who seriously discusses 3DS cartridge limitations?

I kinda hope not. There's no where on the status screen for another icon to fit (unless we're discussing the book icon, which I hope think is just a short-cut for tutorials).

Damn right! Finally somebody lays it out as it is. If virtually any other fire emblem game had casual mode and had been advertised, it would have met with similiar success.

Please tell me you're joking. Or are you one of those people who seriously discusses 3DS cartridge limitations?

No, I'm not joking. A home console is able to handle more than a handheld. I thought that was just a fact that people accepted, but I guess not. Would you like to elaborate on your point a bit, or do you just want to make passive-aggressive remarks?

I will admit that I'm very curious though to see how things are handled.

I mean, we've never really had a FE game ever have such a focus on family before. Sure, previous Lords had perhaps one or two playable relatives, but Kamui has a lot more and they are all central to the plot.

I will admit that I'm very curious though to see how things are handled.

I mean, we've never really had a FE game ever have such a focus on family before. Sure, previous Lords had perhaps one or two playable relatives, but Kamui has a lot more and they are all central to the plot.

That might just mean that like ike, kamui is a main character without many special support endings. But there's probably a supports that can get the side characters married. I always did like making the fun side characters happy. So maybe Kamui has no marriage but you can do a few pairings like Camilla with the crimson chin from Nohr or heck maybe with your arrow toting hoshido brother if you can recruit them both. And while I doubt every character can get married it's fun to see who can (I always loved Serra's marriage options in blazing sword..and Joshua's in sacred stones.)

Edited by Eveangaline

That might just mean that like ike, kamui is a main character without many special support endings. But there's probably a supports that can get the side characters married. I always did like making the fun side characters happy. So maybe Kamui has no marriage but you can do a few pairings like Camilla with the crimson chin from Nohr or heck maybe with your arrow toting hoshido brother if you can recruit them both. And while I doubt every character can get married it's fun to see who can (I always loved Serra's marriage options in blazing sword..and Joshua's in sacred stones.)

I doubt kamui will get the Ike BS endings but akin to Robin where they can s-support the opposite genders

I doubt kamui will get the Ike BS endings but akin to Robin where they can s-support the opposite genders

What if it's more like roy where hey, there's like 3 people you can end up in a romance with and that's it?

I liked Eliwood's romances. And Hectors. And that you could get Eliwood Hector and Lyn an ending each with pegasus sisters. Everyone is in laws!

Edited by Eveangaline

What if it's more like roy where hey, there's like 3 people you can end up in a romance with and that's it?

I liked roys romances. And Hectors. And that you could get Roy Hector and Lyn an ending each with pegasus sisters. Everyone is in laws!

Um, I think you're referring to Eliwood, not Roy.

None of the FEs besides Awakening let the Lord units marry any non-downloadable man or woman without cheating or glitching.

Edited by Mayus

Ah jeeze I was. I am the worst at keeping names straight (At least I spell them right..half the time I try and write kamui I write kumai)

Yeah, I thought so.

That confused me at first since Roy was known for having one of the larger set of romance options since supports came a series staple (FE4's marriage system didn't have supports).

Ideally, I want Kamui's only romance option to be Aqua (both male and female Kamui although this probably won't fly well with Nintendo) in one route.

I don't think people should object to Kamui romancing Aqua. Kamui and Aqua not only do they not share any blood relation, they never grew up with each other to even consider themselves "siblings." All I know is, Kamui and Aqua's actual relationship is kinda hard to describe. It would certainly be an interesting way of forging a peace treaty between Hoshido and Nohr.

Edited by IceBuster573

Ideally, I want Kamui's only romance option to be Aqua (both male and female Kamui although this probably won't fly well with Nintendo) in one route.

I don't think people should object to Kamui romancing Aqua. Kamui and Aqua not only do they not share any blood relation, they never grew up with each other to even consider themselves "siblings." All I know is, Kamui and Aqua's actual relationship is kinda hard to describe. It would certainly be an interesting way of forging a peace treaty between Hoshido and Nohr.

I think Aqua is likely to be a choice for M!Kamui, but then if one were to play as F!Kamui, there doesn't seem to be a male character who is just important to the story as Aqua and isn't related to Kamui in some way (adopted or biological). I dunno, it seems kinda unfair to me that M!Kamui gets a much nicer romantic option than F!Kamui. So hopefully IS is either not doing supports Awakening-style, or they are finding some way to balance the selection pool (which, ideally, would be a lot smaller than Awakening's) for both genders.

I think Aqua is likely to be a choice for M!Kamui, but then if one were to play as F!Kamui, there doesn't seem to be a male character who is just important to the story as Aqua and isn't related to Kamui in some way (adopted or biological). I dunno, it seems kinda unfair to me that M!Kamui gets a much nicer romantic option than F!Kamui. So hopefully IS is either not doing supports Awakening-style, or they are finding some way to balance the selection pool (which, ideally, would be a lot smaller than Awakening's) for both genders.

Well I do think the preferred story pairing in Awakening is Female Robin and Chrom. Sure, Male Robin gets Lucina for story importance romance option, but some people seem really uncomfortable with that idea (even though the way Awakening's time travel works, future and present Lucina should be considered different people for all intents purposes). In fact, people can't seem to see Lucina as anything other than a daughter for Female Robin when it comes to what relationship Lucina should have with either gender Robin.

I do think we would avoid these problems if both Kamui genders can romance Aqua, but that invites a whole new set of problems...

Well I do think the preferred story pairing in Awakening is Female Robin and Chrom. Sure, Male Robin gets Lucina for story importance romance option, but some people seem really uncomfortable with that idea (even though the way Awakening's time travel works, future and present Lucina should be considered different people for all intents purposes). In fact, people can't seem to see Lucina as anything other than a daughter for Female Robin when it comes to what relationship Lucina should have with either gender Robin.

I do think we would avoid these problems if both Kamui genders can romance Aqua, but that invites a whole new set of problems...

people felt weird of lucinaxrobin really? I don't see a problem with it and their supports are million times better than forced anime trope.I think Kamui s-supports can work with the opposite gender (yes including the siblings)if the narratives not a complete joke.

^ well you are having a romance with your close friend's daughter who you already have met as a baby. I personally balk more at the close/best friend's daughter thing then the baby thing though, i just find that move kinda dickish, and a bit weird for Chrom to be okay with that as well. Then again that's just my opinion and you might not see chrom's and robins relationship to be as close as the game implys to me. Also your views on romancing family members of close friends may also be different than mine but i personally wouldn't go for my friends time traveling daughter.

Maybe this could be a thing in a console FE? The 3DS just doesn't sound like it could handle something of this magnitude.

By the way this is a great idea that I'd love to see implemented some day.

3DS cartridges can store up to 8GB of data.

Gamecube discs can store up to 1.5 GB.

Since the two systems are similar in hardware capabilities (iirc), that complicated decision mechanic bobobarrel mentioned is theoretically doable. Far more doable than it would be on a Gamecube. Just wanted to throw in my two cents regarding that.

Anyway, about marriages, children and marriage as mechanics do seem unlikely for this new installment. Though I'd be happy with paired endings alone; doubt that design choice would rile up the FE13 fans who liked marrying their Avatars to characters they liked.

Hm...it would be interesting if they allowed pairing Kamui with his/her blood siblings just to drum up controversy, which then leads to more exposure, which then leads to more sales.

Edited by Tessie Spoon

I suppose what should be said is that Lucina thinks and appears to be a young woman capable of making her own decisions. It's less squick-y marrying her than say Nowi who appears and sometimes acts like a child which really makes people uncomfortable because it feels like you're "coercing" an impressionable girl.

Yeahhhh. No I rather choose my own wife/husband(If your female) than being forced to a set love intreast in a game like Fire emblem the only Fire Emblem games with a set pairing in are Marth x Shida, Sigurd x Deirdre. there might be more but yeah I rather choose my own sufficient other in the Fire Emblem franchise. Hell if I could I would pair up Lyn and Mark. I support Robin xLucina, side pairing: Robin x Eym, and Robin x Say'ri

Edited by mikethepokemaster

Yeah part of the appeal of the marriage system is your ability to choose it provides variety in pair up bonuses and dialogue. Also it probably wouldn't fly to well with Awakening fans if they all of suddenly locked the marriage system like that.

Yeah the only lords to have only one love interest were Marth Alm and Cecelia, Sigurd (though he had Seliph who had multiple and is the one with the ending) and maybe Lief. Now lief is a an interesting case as in thracia Nanna is his only option but, he has his pick in Fe4 so a maybe.

Well Radiant Dawn did have michiah and enlincia, but it depends on if you consider them (main?) lords or not, or if bond support endings really count, but it doesn't matter as ike has 2 paired endings. But yeah even considering awakening one romance option is a step back.

^ well you are having a romance with your close friend's daughter who you already have met as a baby. I personally balk more at the close/best friend's daughter thing then the baby thing though, i just find that move kinda dickish, and a bit weird for Chrom to be okay with that as well. Then again that's just my opinion and you might not see chrom's and robins relationship to be as close as the game implys to me. Also your views on romancing family members of close friends may also be different than mine but i personally wouldn't go for my friends time traveling daughter.

Future Lucina and Baby Lucina are genetically the same but their relationship with Chrom is different. Chrom just met Future Lucina so they hardly have a father/daughter relationship. If I were Chrom, I wouldn't be overprotective of Robin daring Lucina because we're practically strangers. If you can marry Lisa without it being weird, why would Lucina be different? Lucina is old enough to make her own decisions, at any rate.

^ enh the Chrom thing was hardly my only point, and lucina is hardly a stranger, they might not be crazy father daughterly but it is there. and my robins have never married and will probably never marry Lissa either. Its just my opinion though.