How do you want the three routes to end?

Thane

Pyrrhic victories on all three routes. As in, there is no reconciliation between the nations and the third route depicts your rise to well-intentioned overlord(perhaps become someone like Alvis) but had to submit to darker powers. All endings not being able to save everyone where Kamui ends up becoming bitter if he originally had any ideals of trying to save both families.

If all endings are 'bad' some of us can then argue till the end of time which ending is the 'happiest' in relation to each other.

Hoshido: Ends with Hoshido faction successfully summoning and enslaving the world's equivalent of Naga and binding that power to Kamui who then becomes a mindless weapons of destruction to deliver Hoshido's true desire for peace...via the eradication of anyone not one of them. Perhaps with the visuals of them cutting down those Nohrian butlers who sided with you because they carry Nohrian blood, and are thus 'evil'.

Nohr: Ends with Kamui taking down Garon, then learning that everything he did was to prevent the Hoshido faction from perverting the world's equivalent of Naga for their extremist(Hypocritical) ends and you get to fight a light based dragon for a change.

Third path: Nosferatu are apparently the hostile manifestations of the will of the world desiring to put an end to the struggles between the two nations by force as a last retort. Giant stone head thing recruits you because it has judged the only way to prevent an even greater tragedy is to put down both nations. Kamui becomes the chosen one due to his ties with both factions and thus is judged to have a balanced view on both sides. Ends with most of civilisation eradicated and humanities powers curbed while Kamui is to live on forever as some dragon thing to lead monsters to keep human civilisation from advancing and threatening the balance of the world. Somewhere along the way you have to take on Aqua who is pro-civilisation/humanity and anti-Nosferatu(who tries to rally a desperate last stand against you with the surviving faction royalties).

Third path: Nosferatu are apparently the hostile manifestations of the will of the world desiring to put an end to the struggles between the two nations by force as a last retort. Giant stone head thing recruits you because it has judged the only way to prevent an even greater tragedy is to put down both nations. Kamui becomes the chosen one due to his ties with both factions and thus is judged to have a balanced view on both sides. Ends with most of civilisation eradicated and humanities powers curbed while Kamui is to live on forever as some dragon thing to lead monsters to keep human civilisation from advancing and threatening the balance of the world. Somewhere along the way you have to take on Aqua who is pro-civilisation/humanity and anti-Nosferatu(who tries to rally a desperate last stand against you with the surviving faction royalties).

I'll be honest, I considered the 3rd Path would have Kamui be disgrutled with both kingdoms (Nohr for its warmongering, Hoshido for a dark secret) and being as much a dragon as a human, would lean towards the monster faction. I also considered that the monsters would be a force out to counter the two warmongering kingdoms, especially since I acted like the developers didn't intend for the 3rd Path to be an outright "The Bad Guy Wins" route.

Edited by Mayus

I'm hoping the 3rd path is full fanservice in which all recruitable characters from each side are in the 3rd path. Including both royal families.

And they all fight in their swimsuits.

I'm not sure I want EVERYONE to be recruitable, I might change my mind after I've played through the first two versions, obviously, but it I'm not sure how they'll even pull it off; who'd we fight against?

Hoshido: Once you get there, people don't trust you, and think you're suspicious and talk behind your back. The choices you make will determine whether or not a unit could stay in your army (ie you do 'something suspicious', Kazahana says 'it's fishy', if you repeatedly do 'suspicious things' Kazahana leaves.) You have to deal with your rather grudgy army as an impending threat from Nohr looms... The ending will depend on how you've treated your army, and if you've maltreated and abused them, your ending will not be pretty.

Nohr: People love you, and are happy you've stayed on their side, but you notice little things starting to go wrong in the country. As you dig deeper, you dig more worms. And beetles. And bugs and cockroaches. Until you find that the root of these worms/beetles/bugs/cockroaches is Garon. Will you kill your father and make everyone loathe you but cure the problem, or will you peacefully sort the problem slowly but surely and have your work go unnoticed?

Third path: They unite to kill an evil threat. Once that's done they go straight back to killing eachother. Its your job to make the two countries at least tolerate eachother. Depending on the choices you make, you'll leave the countries in a state of unrest and peace teetering on war, or in a state of peaceful love. Metaphorically, of course. But you can ship Garon x HoshidoQueen if you want.

I'm not sure I want EVERYONE to be recruitable, I might change my mind after I've played through the first two versions, obviously, but it I'm not sure how they'll even pull it off; who'd we fight against?

that probably is what gonna happen as I think that completing any route will be bittersweet and the 3rd route will be the true route as symbolize by Aqua in the middle.

Hoshido: Kicked out the Nohrian's invader, then one last big boss battle for a happy ending with Garon transforming into a big powerful dragon. Kamui take the throne afterward.

Nohr: Government is reformed, life of the citizen is improved and the monster/demon crisis is solved, then one last boss battle with the final monster/demon for a happy ending. Kamui take the throne afterward.

Third: Together with Aqua, one nation fell after another until Hoshido and Nohr did as well, final battle against a combined Nohr and Hoshido army with all your siblings on opposing's side. Achieved peace after ending all wars. Kamui reign over the [insert continent name] continent.

Kamui and all recruitable characters versus both countries, who have branded the group traitors. Hell, I'd support both countries temporary allying, to get rid of Kamui!

Kamui and all recruitable characters versus both countries, who have branded the group traitors. Hell, I'd support both countries temporary allying, to get rid of Kamui!

Perhaps I phrased my doubts regarding that possibility poorly. What I meant was: both the Hoshido route and the Nohr route will have plenty of mini-bosses (your siblings), meaning that they'll probably fill the villain role to some extent, meaning that Intelligent Systems will need to make fewer bad guys. The thing is, if everyone joins you, you're only left with Garon, more or less, at least going solely by what we know now, meaning that I might be very wrong here.

Would it really be fun to have everyone on your team against Garon and an army of redshirts?

Of course, I'm well aware this will most likely not be the case, I'm just talking about the lack of minor villains available. I realize this problem can easily be solved, but I just aired my doubts.

Edited by Thane

Perhaps I phrased my doubts regarding that possibility poorly. What I meant was: both the Hoshido route and the Nohr route will have plenty of mini-bosses (your siblings), meaning that they'll probably fill the villain role to some extent, meaning that Intelligent Systems will need to make fewer bad guys. The thing is, if everyone joins you, you're only left with Garon, more or less, at least going solely by what we know now, meaning that I might be very wrong here.

Would it really be fun to have everyone on your team against Garon and an army of redshirts?

You'd potentially have a lot of people who supported you in Hoshido, who weren't recruitable and are now enemies.

Hoshido: Defeat Nohr, live in peace

Nohr: Defeat Hoshido, live in peace

Third: Choose neither side, go renegade, and end up founding your own nation of royal dragonthing manaketes

Third Path: Kamui and Aqua say "screw family, screw loyalty" and just manipulate everyone into doing whatever they feel like by attacking with the Nosferatu monsters, framing and assassinating high ranking people in both countries, and generally chaotic shenanigans.

Then Aqua tries to take all the power for herself and you fight her with the army of monsters.

Hoshido good: beat Nohr and establish peace with your adoptive siblings ruling as an ally/vassal

Hoshido bad: conquer and annex Nohr after killing your adoptive family and you raze the Nohr heartlands.

Nohr good: take control over Nohr and reform it. Establish peace and return to stabilize and help rule Hoshido as an ally.

Nohr bad: take control over Nohr and destroy your opposition. The vanquished Hoshido are ruled under an iron fist.

Neutral good: somehow everyone gets along.

Neutral bad: kill everyone and start over