Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

I get the feeling Kamui won't be able to marry everybody this game, or either that they will restrict some pairings considering you don't get some characters unless you're on either side. I think we should wait until they give us the full run down before we start deciding who we are going to pair with who.

Something seems... Amiss. I can't put my finger on it, but I don't think it will be the same as Awakenings... Or similar at all. Seems like they will either tweak it or turn it into paired endings. Failing that, marriage could be a word they used for best friends committed to each other. Who knows?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, Endgame was still wrong, as he said it was "already confirmed" and thus was committing a logical fallacy by stating as fact that which was only assumed.

It turn out that his assumption was correct, but seeing that it only got confirmed today Endgame was still wrong about it being "already confirmed".

In any event, I wonder how expansive the options will be.

And I also wonder how people who had liked the Hoshido siblings will react given that they're blood relatives and thus makes them likely not to be allowed candidates… unless of course some plot twist reveals that they aren't actually related by blood or the game actually allows sibling incest.

I wonder if Kamui/Corrin will at least be able to marry the various subordinates…

Now there's a user I haven't seen since... Yesterday. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. It will probably be for subordinates and stuff like that if it returns. Unless they are getting bolder and allowing sibling marriage. If it somehow avoids censorship in NA, then maybe we can get a remade Genealogy. Heh heh.

not sure if anyone has added this to the thread yet http://i.imgur.com/6voPehl.jpg

I dont know if its real, but it looks to be so

This looks fake. It contains (EDIT: what looked like...) multiple typo's and the writing style seems somewhat amateurish.

But then again it could be real regardless of that. .__.

(...and I'm going to be horribly disappointed if it is in fact real.)

Edited by Icy Toast

The "upper screen" thing at the bottom of the images is the only thing I perceive as off. Is that little girl with her hair in a bun a named or revealed character yet, because this is the first I've seen of her.

The "upper screen" thing at the bottom of the images is the only thing I perceive as off. Is that little girl with her hair in a bun a named or revealed character yet, because this is the first I've seen of her.

The text says it's Kamui's daughter.

The one on the bottom is stated to be Tsukuyomi and Orochi's child who inherited Orochi's hair color o_0

This looks fake. It contains multiple typo's and the writing style seems somewhat amateurish.

Actually yeah I think I can see the typos

Edited by Bovinian

Where was this found btw?

Well, a user named "Einvalt" on GameFAQs says that the stuff on "children" was found in "Nintendo Dream" (I don't know what that is).

I haven't had the time to check yet, so I haven't been able to yet confirm whether he's lying, misinformed, duped himself by a hoax pulled off by other people, or telling the actual truth.

If someone could figure this out, that would be great.

This looks fake. It contains multiple typo's and the writing style seems somewhat amateurish.

Where are the typos? In the screenshots or the article?

Well, I just checked out a few past scans from Nintendo Dream, and the layout + somewhat odd writing style does seem to match...

Most people on 2ch are taking it serious as well. But I really, really hope it's a fake.

Where are the typos? In the screenshots or the article?

There's one instance of missing interpunction where other magazines would definitely have used interpunction, but from what I just saw ND apparently always does things that way, so it might not be a typo after all. The other one was an odd sentence in the article text where I would have expected an extra particle, but it could have been intentional. Perhaps my thinking that this should be fake is just wishful thinking. orz

Edited by Icy Toast

If that's legitimate, then the game knows how hype me and then throw all my hopes down the gutter.

And is that a Tharja expy I saw?? Shit, looks like we'll have a Gaius and a Cordelia too, then.

The only proof there is for this to be fake is the awful design (screenshots overlapping others?? No serious magazine would do that)... only time will tell. If this were true then I won't have much faith in the plot anymore. Time rescuing children shenanigans AGAIN?? This is not a generic "Emperor is a dick, dragons are back, recruit an army of misfits and save the world!", this is a rather particular plot point; not to mention it worked badly and many agree children were irrelevant to the plot.

At least Kamui's (possibly fake) daughter looks cute.

ps: and how is this gonna work with Nohr? Will the game throw us Ests and Gaidens as soon as we get those S supports? There is no map after all, and limited sources... I hate to be pessimistic but this is going to be terrible gameplay-wise.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

Unless somebody took the time to create a Felicia/Kamui hybrid and superimpose it onto a fake screenshot It's probably real. You can see the same hair colour as Felicia and Kamui's pointed ears... who would go through that much effort for something like this?

I don't know how I feel about kids returning...

Edited by EJ107

The only proof there is for this to be fake is the awful design (screenshots overlapping others?? No serious magazine would do that)... only time will tell. If this were true then I won't have much faith in the plot anymore. Time rescuing children shenanigans AGAIN?? This is not a generic "Emperor is a dick, dragons are back, recruit an army of misfits and save the world!", this is a rather particular plot point; not to mention it worked badly and many agree children were irrelevant to the plot.

It could be something limited to gaiden chapters or My Castle, rather than involved in the main story, just like getting characters from the other campaigns or adding Marth and Lucina to your army. Unlike Lucina in Awakening, the main characters' child here doesn't even seem to be a main character herself. So, this could be a complete non-factor for the actual plot.

Edited by NeonZ

Uh.... FE4 did the children thing better, so change Emperor to King, since Awakening had the children irrelevant to the plot(Beat the entire game without recruiting them, you could). And we don't know if these children travel through time or what. Could be over time.