Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's that post just above yours. Marriage (婚姻) is mentioned right there in that cover. Kind of odd that it was left out of Famitsu's full overview.

Edited by NeonZ

I am already mapping out all the pairings I want. It doesn't matter if some of them are impossible. let me have my fun.

Today is a great day.

Definitely. DEFINITELY Takumi/Oboro in my Hoshido run, because unrequited crushes are lame.

Hmmmm...I hope I can marry my avatar to the Nohrian adopted siblings. I'd not, then probably Zero - if he has any redeeming qualities and his entire character isn't sadistic psychopath...

Maybe Elise and Not!Owain? Dunno why. It just seems cute.

My favourites at the moment are Kamui/Rinkah and Kamui/Silas (either gender is great, but at this point I am not that hopeful for same-sex marriages :( )

Yeah, me neither. It'd be a nice inclusion, but I'm doubtful. At this point - and not to sound insensitive, but - I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: Benoit, I believe his name was? Put him with Charlotte.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

It's not too surprising to see it return, as it was a very popular feature in Awakening.

I'm not going to let myself get excited before I know the specifics, like who can marry who. Don't want to get my hopes up over any particular pairings or same gender stuff just to be disappointed. Still, I enjoyed playing the shipping game in Awakening and no doubt I will here as well.

Now that marriage is confirmed, its probably safe to assume only Avatar can marry opposite most if not all gendered characters right?

Other characters will only have a select pool of other characters to choose from who to S rank/marry.

This would please me. I just hope romance with the avatar is handled better than it was in Awakening.

Now that marriage is confirmed, its probably safe to assume only Avatar can marry opposite most if not all gendered characters right?

Other characters will only have a select pool of other characters to choose from who to S rank/marry.

At the very least, they'll have more limited options by default since each side has 5 (6 if Garon and the queen are really playable) characters who are family.

Edited by NeonZ

As weird as it is, I think maybe Pieri x Marx could be a potential couple? She's his subordinate after all. And each one's own personality is almost polar opposite to the other (one is crazy/playful, the other is serious/calm), and this kind of couple is pretty common in many kinds of media. At least from what I've seen.

Not to say I ship them together but imagine their support conversations and how they interact with each other... Those would be pretty fun to read.

As weird as it is, I think maybe Pieri x Marx could be a potential couple? She's his subordinate after all. And each one's own personality is almost polar opposite to the other (one is crazy/playful, the other is serious/calm), and this kind of couple is pretty common in many kinds of media. At least from what I've seen.

Not to say I ship them together but imagine their support conversations and how they interact with each other... Those would be pretty fun to read.

If I can't have Marx, no one can. He will be unmarried.

If I can't have Marx, no one can. He will be unmarried.

Lol okay but for me if I can't marry Marx then I'll have the person he likes (or vice versa) marry him instead. Same goes for the the other siblings (assuming if the Avatar isn't allowed to marry their siblings in the game).

Edited by RidellCrimea

Endgame was right. I probably should have listened to him when he said it would return. *Sigh*

Technically, Endgame was still wrong, as he said it was "already confirmed" and thus was committing a logical fallacy by stating as fact that which was only assumed.

It turn out that his assumption was correct, but seeing that it only got confirmed today Endgame was still wrong about it being "already confirmed".

In any event, I wonder how expansive the options will be.

And I also wonder how people who had liked the Hoshido siblings will react given that they're blood relatives and thus makes them likely not to be allowed candidates… unless of course some plot twist reveals that they aren't actually related by blood or the game actually allows sibling incest.

I wonder if Kamui/Corrin will at least be able to marry the various subordinates…