How do you think clans factor into the Hoshido vs Nohr?

BlueL

How do y'all think clans factor into the Hoshido vs Nohr? So far, If I'm not mistaken, Tsukuyomi and Rinka are the only shown characters besides Nyx who, as far as we know, don't work for one of the royal families in some regard.

However they both are Hoshido only, which makes me wonder if they live on or near Hoshido and are willing to side with them to prevent their land from being invaded. Or maybe it's just coincidence the only two clans characters shown are pro-Hoshido.

Do you think the Clan of Wind and Clan of Fire are third parties getting involved in the war for some reason? Possible allies of Hoshido's?

Something else?

Edited by BlueL

Fire and wind.

going by wild assumption, perhaps there's also an ice and earth clans? I like assuming they're based off of the dragon clans, but I have no basis for this

We already know that Nohr and Hoshido are a 'divine' 'clan'

Edited by L95

I think the clans will probably just fuel a subplot that involves you having someone else other than Nohr to fight while in Hoshido. Based on screenshots and the whole factions thing they seem to have going for them, I'm pretty confident in that. After beating them up, I doubt they'll be important.

Only Hoshido clans have been shown. I'd Imagine Nohr would have some as well like Mercenary groups or maybe the maids and butlers are part of a big servant family/clan to serve the royalty.

In the January trailer there was a brief sequence showing Orochi and Rinka battling other Hoshido styled soldiers. I imagine that at some point in the Hoshido path one of the clans will mount an insurrection against the kingdom.

Fire and wind.

going by wild assumption, perhaps there's also an ice and earth clans? I like assuming they're based off of the dragon clans, but I have no basis for this

We already know that Nohr and Hoshido are a 'divine' 'clan'

I know, I didn't feel like typing out "clans of" twice but went and edited it.

I'm hoping there are more clans too.

And even though you crossed it out, that would actually be an interesting idea, clans based on dragon clans

I think the clans will probably just fuel a subplot that involves you having someone else other than Nohr to fight while in Hoshido. Based on screenshots and the whole factions thing they seem to have going for them, I'm pretty confident in that. After beating them up, I doubt they'll be important.

Sadly you're probably right. They'll probably pop up for one chapter when you fight near there village, send one of their best warriors to aid you and then won't factor much into the story.

But it would be cool if you could recruit some or all of the clans to support your cause and doing so would either affect the plot or at least unlock a Gaiden chapter.

Maybe there's one clan that sides with Nohr (under the promise of joining the country or getting put in charge of Hoshido after they take what they want, or as a semi-puppet rule), it could mean more varried units to fight when you're hoshido and could mean getting some hoshido style units when you're on Nohrs side.

Its official, Fire Emblem x Avatar The Last Airbender confirmed

Seriously tho, I am getting ATLA vibes from this. Wind Clan and Fire Clan. Seriously IS.

Watch an Earth Clan and Water Clan be mentioned next

Ideally clans would be one element that plays into your choices. Like, maybe at some point during the Hoshido campaign Nohr will be attacking both the Fire and Wind clans and you have to choose which one to assist, which affects recruitable characters (Rinka vs Tsukuyomi) and the next few chapter maps (kind of like Ilia vs Sacae in FE6).

And I'm sure at least one clan will go rogue so you have some Hoshidan units to fight.

^ the (four)elements having a thematic place in a story = avatar the last air bender?

if anything they are ripping off warrior cats

Everything changed when the Nohr Empire attacked.

Only Kamui, the prince of both nations could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he spent his time shipping people.

I have a feeling that the Clans are part of Hoshido's hierarchy, serving as the feudal lords who rule parts of Hoshido in the name of the royal family. The western equivalent would be dukes who rule fiefdoms and swear fealty to the king.

Only Kamui, the prince of both nations could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he spent his time shipping people.

As much as i think that the wind clan/fire clan thing is hardly a valid connection let alone a ripoff of AtLA (which funnily enough I've been watching all day. Just starting the season 2 finale no joke.) This is gold. It could be improved though, it is not quite complete.

In the January trailer there was a brief sequence showing Orochi and Rinka battling other Hoshido styled soldiers. I imagine that at some point in the Hoshido path one of the clans will mount an insurrection against the kingdom.

Just a note, but that fight took place in the desert, and the windmill thing behind can be seen on several other shots where you're opposing clan soldiers; their ranks seem to be comprised of classes from both sides, so I assume that was the case there too.

I've always been a sucker for element related stuff(especially wind), and I kind of feel like this will be specific to Hoshido, with Nohr having a thing of its own. Deeper lore for both of these countries is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

No the only problem is, the anime references aren't stopping anytime soon. With ninjas and the wind clan possibly living in the desert, I'm especially expecting a lot of Naruto... ninjas were cool before that you guys

Hmm... Fire and Wind. We had that elemental theory a while back, where basically Hoshido=Wind, Kamui=Fire, Nohr=Earth, and Aqua=Water. Since we've gotten confirmation that the Fire and Wind clans have sided with Hoshido, could the Earth and Water/Ice clans go with Nohr? Definitely could be a way for Nohr to get a few otherwise-exclusive-to-Hoshido classes.

I mentioned this before in the big Famitsu topic, but I'm wondering if this has any relation to the "Clan Soldiers"? Maybe the individual clans decide to group together to form a single army?

Even odder, the Clan Soldiers seem to be a mix of Nohr and Hoshido units. Maybe they're people who aren't from Nohr or Hoshido, but have similar cultures?

I mentioned this before in the big Famitsu topic, but I'm wondering if this has any relation to the "Clan Soldiers"? Maybe the individual clans decide to group together to form a single army?

Even odder, the Clan Soldiers seem to be a mix of Nohr and Hoshido units. Maybe they're people who aren't from Nohr or Hoshido, but have similar cultures?

Well, the Fire clan seems closely tied to Hoshido, considering their leader sent his own daughter (Rinka) to help them. But admittedly, that's a strange coincidence.

That being said, the elements most commonly associated with the japanese culture are wind and water(imo), so I don't see a hypothetic Water clan being a part of Nohr. If they have clans too, perhaps their theme is something different.

Probably. Maybe they're minor peoples have have been heavily culturally influenced by both.

If they have clans too, perhaps their theme is something different.

Romans made client states out of other kingdoms, whereas in the Medieval west they had different knighthood orders and guilds.

I'm curious about the classes that the different clans will have. Fire Clan has Oni, Wind Clan has been shown to have a mage, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the reason Hoshido has Peg. Warriors. I wonder what a Water/Ice Clan, and a Earth Clan would bring. I'm thinking that more magic users would come out of a Water/Ice Clan, and some sort of tanky class out of a Earth Clan.

I hope they have at least some importance and aren't just there. With the duality we have going on, they'll probably be two more clans (maybe one because hardcore Nohr) that side with Nohr. I like the idea of the clans being related to the dragon tribes, but then I get worried about a possible dark dragon tribe worshippers. I swear to God if I have to deal with both clans shedding their differences and coming together to fight some big, bad, evil dragon that comes out of basically nowhere I'm gonna- I think the tribes will give us interesting sub-plot, characteres, maps regardless so the excitement is still there.

Or this. Also this.

This. Is. Gold. Seriously, if we were on Reddit I think this would get gold.

I think they might play a major role in the third route.

I like that theory. It also gives me an idea, and maybe it's cheesy, but maybe the clans are related to the monsters? It could be one of those situations where the clans have knowledge of the monsters from long ago because they were involved in sealing/killing the monsters originally.

Interesting, I forgot about Clan Soldiers. Maybe they're Nohr and Hoshido defectors who joined the clans and want independence or more land?