Charlotte - Competing with Camilla for Attention

dragonlordsd

It's not the lack of clothing I don't like - as you say, that's normal for the class. It's just that she looks... well, others have said they thought she was a Troubadour at first sight, and that's how I feel as well. It's a good look for Charlotte, who pretends to be kind and cute for her own selfish reasons, contrasting with her role on the battlefield as an axe-wielding juggernaut. But in my mind, others of the class should have a tougher and harsher look to them.

But big parts of Charlotte's appearance are her posture, head, and coloring, so maybe the basic look will be just fine on others... we haven't even seen how she looks in battle, come to think of it.

Yeah I also thought she was a troubadour at first,but that was mainly because Charlottes face really looks like that of a troubadour(especially since her hair style reminds me of maribelles),not to mention that I initially didn't even realize that she was just wearing a bra.The all-white-clothing probably doesn't help either.

So yeah i think others won't look like that.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how there are complaints about her breast size, despite how they're only made to look bigger thanks to her clothes and arm positioning. Its not that bad, really. :/

Anyway, from what was revealed so far, I think I'd like her. That contrast between the innocent side and the wild side is potentially hilarious. Especially since her "mischievous" facial expression makes her look silly xD

Although Nyx won me over for favorite IF character for now, I'll just throw in my two cents on Charlotte.

including the obvious fact that she's the first female (axe?) fighter in FE history, she seems pretty interesting for lots reasons.

but to the people saying she has impractical armor, why is it if a male melee fighter is shirtless he's considered well armored but when a female like charlotte does it, she's considered to have impractical armor? and someone called her a twig, she certainly doesn't look skinny at all by any standard.

her color scheme is gorgeous which is one reason why she's interesting, even though she's wearing white which contradicts the Nohr color scheme of black and dark colors, she obviously can't be mistaken for a Hoshiden, she has porcelain white skin, blue eyes and blonde hair, I find that very cool.

and she looks like a mid 1900s actress, even her personality can be compared to actresses of that time (like marilyn monroe lol).

I doubt that she'll be really important to the plot but her personality sounds hilarious in a good way, overall I like Charlotte, just like I liked all the characters revealed so far.

but to the people saying she has impractical armor, why is it if a male melee fighter is shirtless he's considered well armored but when a female like charlotte does it, she's considered to have impractical armor? and someone called her a twig, she certainly doesn't look skinny at all by any standard.

Noone considers male fighters in the 3DS games to be well armored. She's also a twig by conventional fighter standards.

Noone considers male fighters in the 3DS games to be well armored. She's also a twig by conventional fighter standards.

Well, she certainly does have defined abs, which is a first for female FE characters. But I guess it depends what you mean be "conventional fighter standards." If you're talking about the Elibe games, then absolutely. If you're talking about awakening, then none of the characters were really that muscular.

True but no one exactly said they aren't well armored either since fighters and berseker archetypes tend to be more bare in clothing/armor in other video games as well (gladiators in etrian odyssey III for example) and for the fighters standard thing, as a female she seems at least suitable for that role (did you see those abs lol.)

I enjoy discussions so I'm not really trying to argue, I'm just glad that we're getting male pegasus riders and female fighters lol.

Edited by Raimi

I agree..Charlotte armour is kind of dumb...but she's adorable so I can't complain! Plus her personally is quite interesting.

Well, with the exception of the bra, it doesn't look different from the standard Axe Fighter armour from Awakening (at all). But since the aforementioned armour consists of nothing but a gorget and shoulderpads... Yup. Skimpy. Cute. But still skimpy. But still cute.

Edited by Lawful Angry

Well, with the exception of the bra, it doesn't look different from the standard Axe Fighter armour from Awakening (at all). But since the aforementioned armour consists of nothing but a gorget and shoulderpads... Yup. Skimpy. Cute. But still skimpy. But still cute.

True you have a point, I forgot about the Axe fighter armour in Awakening. Plus we haven't seen the lower half of the body so maybe it will be more covering?? I like the cute look on her, it makes her look like the 'Cute but deadly' type.

True you have a point, I forgot about the Axe fighter armour in Awakening. Plus we haven't seen the lower half of the body so maybe it will be more covering?? I like the cute look on her, it makes her look like the 'Cute but deadly' type.

Her eyes just look so limpid and creepy. The fact that she's really a bloodthirsty gold digger makes things even worse.

Her eyes just look so limpid and creepy. The fact that she's really a bloodthirsty gold digger makes things even worse.

I don't get why people think she looks creepy?? I mean she is far from looking creepy to me...but whatever its your opinion so I respect it.^^ I can see why people don't like her personality, I personally think its different and unique...kind of like a breath of fresh air ya know?

I don't get the lack of armour complaints. For an unprompted fighter she is quite well armoured. Actually i think she has the most amount of metal on her than any other unprompted fighter, it is just not on her chest. Lets see armour for fighters, I don't see any armour in 4/5/6/7/8/11/12 (correct me if i am wrong) Nolan has some metal shoulder pads in 10 but Boyd in 9 i honestly can not tell what his are made of. All Vaike had was that leather armour arm covering thing that collar and that stomach plate thing Yeah ironically it seems she has the most metal armour, well besides Harold but she shares a game with him.

Edited by goodperson707

No, it's excellent. Far better than her being some moe wimp who despite said characteristics decides to bludgeon people with an axe.

It depends on that "moe wimp's" motivation. As it stands? I think that she has potential to be a well-written character, but well-written characters can still be awful and very unlikable.

It depends on that "moe wimp's" motivation. As it stands? I think that she has potential to be a well-written character, but well-written characters can still be awful and very unlikable.

Who says that's a bad thing?

I think it's nice to have a character like that sometimes.

Why does everyone have to be goody goody?

Like I said before, a character with ill-intentions is a nice change of pace sometimes.

Who says that's a bad thing?

I think it's nice to have a character like that sometimes.

Why does everyone have to be goody goody?

Like I said before, a character with ill-intentions is a nice change of pace sometimes.

That can be good, but it doesn't change the fact that she is bad.

That can be good, but it doesn't change the fact that she is bad.

Yes, but being written to be a bad character is different from being bad. If people end up loving to hate her because she has detestable personality, that makes her a good villain (well she's not a villain but I think you get my point).

I don't get why people think she looks creepy?? I mean she is far from looking creepy to me...but whatever its your opinion so I respect it.^^ I can see why people don't like her personality, I personally think its different and unique...kind of like a breath of fresh air ya know?

Her default expression looks a bit like a porcelain doll (which is probably what she was going for), that's why most people find her creepy.

Her default expression looks a bit like a porcelain doll (which is probably what she was going for), that's why most people find her creepy.

Hmm..true, after thinking about it she does look like a doll. Lol I was always confused why people thought she looked creepy.

Edited by Nekochan

So are we talkin' bad as in good, or bad as in bad?

You know...BAD. Remember what that meant in the 80's? B)

Hmm..true, after thinking about it she does look like a doll. Lol I was always confused why people thought she looked creepy.

I genuinely find her cute. And the fact she'll be an Axe Fighter as woman is very interesting!

Oh gawd her hair + ribbon

Edited by Soul~!

I genuinely find her cute. And the fact she'll be an Axe Fighter as woman is very interesting!

Oh gawd her hair + ribbon

Ikr! I fell in love with her right when she first appeared in the Japanese direct.^^

overall i like her.

i like the design features included (shameless i know)

and her personality is interesting.

i just hope she dosn't have too many over obsessions with the avatar.

the only real impractical thing about her armor compared to other Fighters would be that her long hair would get caught in her shoulder armor lol. and it looks like we have another Tharja female character who is abusive and generally has a bad personality but has a nice outward appearance so will be popular with fans. who curses their family

but, i do love that there's a female Fighter now, and I've heard shes voiced by a pro wrestler, so that's really cool.

Edited by Chrosion

I take it she's Rinka's Nohrian counterpart.

Here we go again, making Nohr seem evil some more by making character distinctions like Charlotte, the bloodthirsty, gold digging, blonde bombshell, while they give Rinka the classic tough tomboy who will most likely be secretly sweet.

Yes, we get it, you want us to pick Hoshido, but this makes me only want to be the villain more.

I actually love this personality, it's usually used for villainesses which turn out to be my favorite characters in games/books/movies. The design fits the character as well, the doll phase with the erotic pose adds excellent detail to the character. Even if you don't like it, it was well made. Plus, a female fighter. Not some sort of healer, mage, or any female-dominated class. MORE POWER TO THE LADIES. Say what you want, but she's more of a feminist character than most of the women in the entire FE series.