Charlotte - Competing with Camilla for Attention

dragonlordsd

^ uh what? How and why the heck would she interact with takumi she is Nohr only, and once she joins you she wont do much besides supports and my castle.

Why would she not be able to venture out from outside Nohr, though? Is there some rule that she can't leave that I missed?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ uh she seems to join your party as soon as she meets you, and fire emblem games rarely have non plot important playable character have a impact on the plot or dilolouge even outside of supports. And they are most likely at war by that point as it has the Nohr text box, so yeah she is stuck with your army, let alone going after an enemy royal like Takumi.

Edited by goodperson707

Charlotte also have somekind of... weird... snarly narmy snarl... thing. As if she just farted or something. That must be why people say she is a yandere, left and right. But like Cyan said, she seems more like a Yangire.

Her personality reminds me of Anise, a character from Tales of the Abyss that pretty much noone liked*. Hopefully it's better in execution...

*Actually I don't know anyone who liked her, but I'm just covering my bases here.

It's not really because of the gold-digging part that people disliked her though. :p

Edited by B.Leu

^ uh she seems to join your party as soon as she meets you, and fire emblem games rarely have non plot important playable character have a impact on the plot or dilolouge even outside of supports. And they are most likely at war by that point as it has the Nohr text box, so yeah she is stuck with your army, let alone going after an enemy royal like Takumi.

Mm. Alright. I get it. I still she's awesome, and will still choose Nohr. :D

Honestly, she looks like a sex doll. Her pose has only one purpose, to make sure you notice her marvelous features. Her creepy smile made me feel that she is even more creepy than Tharja. Being an axe fighter no less, she looks an adult movie actress. Well, out of all things, she and Harold are the worst offenders about character design and you take your crap on Aqua? What with you people?

And it's not like I dont like Charlotte, I actually think she is perfect candidate for the face rubbing features that you all hate.

Aqua has her crap because of her importance combined with her blandness. Harold gets a pass for being so terrible everyone makes fun of him and Charolotte is a pretty good character. She's meant to be a terrible person that looks like an awful movie actress. A manipulative (probably psychopathic) seductress.

Aqua has her crap because of her importance combined with her blandness. Harold gets a pass for being so terrible everyone makes fun of him and Charolotte is a pretty good character. She's meant to be a terrible person that looks like an awful movie actress. A manipulative (probably psychopathic) seductress.

What is so wrong about harolds design? This is the first i heard about it. Though charlottes design does seem to fit her character really well and I like that. Edited by goodperson707

(TotA aside: Anise was seriously awful, but the gold-digging was only part of that.)

As someone else said, it feels like this character could be really good or really bad, depending on how it's written.

For now I'm kind of amused. The design feels like a joke on two fronts. One, despite the fact that she wears more upper body clothing than the Awakening fighters, she's sure to draw more complaints. And secondly, it's a design which is on the surface is meant to be attractive/fanservicey... but in practice ends up creepy offputting because of the weird hand pose, facial expressions, personality, etc.

she can either be the most hilarious character or the worst. I'm interested to see how they'd handle her in writing. Her personality will take some skill to pull off well, but iirc the writer is at least somewhat competent this time?

I'll wait and see.

Basically this.

There is some great potential here, and it completely depends on how she is written.

The thing that worries me about Charlotte's design is the chance that it will carry over to other female Fighters, if only through class changing. I think it fits her, from what little we know about her, but as a generic look for all female Fighters... not so much.

Maybe she'll have a unique model, though, or it won't look so bad on the others as I'm imagining.

I think she could be interesting and entertaining as a character, if not necessarily likeable, but only time will tell.

TotA is all I can think about.

Anise was good for a few laughs, was a decent a character. I think Charlotte will be a bit of comic relief and not much else. No hate.

But her design displease me. Looks like an evil doll.

The thing that worries me about Charlotte's design is the chance that it will carry over to other female Fighters, if only through class changing. I think it fits her, from what little we know about her, but as a generic look for all female Fighters... not so much.

Maybe she'll have a unique model, though, or it won't look so bad on the others as I'm imagining.

I think she could be interesting and entertaining as a character, if not necessarily likeable, but only time will tell.

Camilla's armor doesn't translate to the other two female wyvern riders so you could give them the benefit of the doubt for any other female fighter as well.

Anyone here watch the anime Assasination Classroom? If not look it up and look at a video or something of the character Irina, this is what Charlotte reminds me of.

Edit: Also are people forgetting that Rinka is also a female and represents the Hoshidan version of the fighter?

Edited by Kyza

I mean the only thing I'd hope for generic female fighter for this particular game is that their boobs are more realistically proportioned and not water balloons. I don't mind the bikini; dudes are likely still shirtless (and I think we've seen a generic male fighter, no) if harold's just shirted for the AMERICA look, I mean Henry in FEA wore a shirt but generic male dark mages didn't sooooo

I'm also wondering if harold wears pants either because his battle sprite certainly doesn't, where's his default battle model

Edited by Thor Odinson

I mean the only thing I'd hope for generic female fighter for this particular game is that their boobs are more realistically proportioned and not water balloons. I don't mind the bikini; dudes are likely still shirtless (and I think we've seen a generic male fighter, no) if harold's just shirted for the AMERICA look, I mean Henry in FEA wore a shirt but generic male dark mages didn't sooooo

I'm also wondering if harold wears pants either because his battle sprite certainly doesn't, where's his default battle model

Harold's shirted because his "Hero of Justice" characterisation makes it clear he's intended to go Fighter-->Hero. Charlotte is likely shirtless because her bloodthirsty characterisation is likely why the Berserker class is now a Fighter Promotion and her intended reclass.

I just find it a bit funny all this time people wanting a female berserker and as soon as it happens and it follows the typical design the fact it's a female character who's shirtless is a problem.

I just find it a bit funny all this time people wanting a female berserker and as soon as it happens and it follows the typical design the fact it's a female character who's shirtless is a problem.

Is it ok if I think Rinka pulls off the shirtless look in a cooler/'better' way?

Yep. I find it funny too, but a bit disappointing because some (especially on the reddit) deal with her design like it's a punch in the face of the "players". Such drama.

She's a fighet and she's half nacked. Dorcas, Bartre and GBA people were dressed, but the new style of IS is by having axe fighters half nacked, and this is what we got.

Anyway, I ask to myself how her characterization will be used, if as a comic relief, or something more deep. If she will be effectively evil or some funny gal.

And fighter bias of course.

Edited by ENS

What would be that bad about that?I mean fighters usually don't wear that much on their upper bodies(the most extreme example being Vaike)

Charlotte is basically just following the trend

Camilla's armor doesn't translate to the other two female wyvern riders so you could give them the benefit of the doubt for any other female fighter as well.

Well but keep in mind that Camilla isn't a wyvern rider,she is a revenant knight,which might or might not be something entirely different.(I guess her class could be a promoted wyvern knight)

I hope generic female fighters have actual bulk to them, because this twig in a bikini and chains named Charlotte is a ditzpop.

bruh, what did you say about my waifu?

Honestly though, I think her pretty, doll-like face juxtaposed by the fact that she's a fighter class is supposed to correlate with her personality. She acts so sweet, but she can't hide the fact that she's wild at heart. If she was completely ripped, like say Rinka, the effect of her trying to look cute would be lost. Calling her a twig is a stretch, I feel they made her just muscular enough to match her character.

What would be that bad about that?I mean fighters usually don't wear that much on their upper bodies(the most extreme example being Vaike)

Charlotte is basically just following the trend

It's not the lack of clothing I don't like - as you say, that's normal for the class. It's just that she looks... well, others have said they thought she was a Troubadour at first sight, and that's how I feel as well. It's a good look for Charlotte, who pretends to be kind and cute for her own selfish reasons, contrasting with her role on the battlefield as an axe-wielding juggernaut. But in my mind, others of the class should have a tougher and harsher look to them.

But big parts of Charlotte's appearance are her posture, head, and coloring, so maybe the basic look will be just fine on others... we haven't even seen how she looks in battle, come to think of it.

Is it ok if I think Rinka pulls off the shirtless look in a cooler/'better' way?

Yeah of course you can prefer Rinka over Charlotte if you want. I'm not saying people have to even like Charlotte's design.

What I said is mostly just an observation on the silliness of some the response that an aspect of Charlotte's design received. For being shirtless when that's how her promoted class(Berserker) and its unpromoted(Barbarian or in this case Fighter) would normally be expected to be like.