Does anyone know: IF I order the physical copy from a Jp site, how long it would take to get to the states?

Ghostlander

Currently, the only way to play Jp games on a US console is with the actual cart (and other stuff)

So, I'm curious how long it would take if I already had it ordered. Would it ship before the release date or ON the release date and then take like.. a few week?

Why? i only have 1 Jp 3ds and i wanna play with my gf

It usually depends on what site you order from and it also depends on how fast of shipping you pay for. You also have to account for how long it'll take to get through customs as well.. sometimes it takes awhile, sometimes it's quick.

In other words, it's really hard to tell :( If you have a specific site you're thinking of, it would probably be best to search on the site for a shipping FAQ, or to email them directly and ask.

Usually they will ship on release day and maybe a few hours or so before release. The time it takes to arrive at your place on the other hand will depend on the shipping that the store has offered you or you have selected. If it's SAL, then expect 1 to 4 weeks of waiting. If you went with EMS then expect 3 days. At the same time, all items you import will have to go through customs. Sometimes customs may take a few hours or even an entire week depending on your local postal service.

Edited by kingddd

I ordered Awakening from Play-Asia and it got to Australia the day of launch with express shipping. I would recommend that, but if you're strapped for cash and can't afford express, it may take a week if not a few weeks.

I ordered Awakening from Play-Asia and it got to Australia the day of launch with express shipping. I would recommend that, but if you're strapped for cash and can't afford express, it may take a week if not a few weeks.

How much did express cost you?

Just went and looked, and for Play-Asia it looks like expedited shipping to the US is about $12.90, and it says it'll be delivered between 06/26/15 to 06/30/15.

It depends on the shipping you order. Generally I buy off of ami-ami because Play Asia jacks up the prices of what you're ordering.

EMS shipping: Fastest, most expensive shipping. 3-5 days.

SAL shipping: Moderately cheap shipping. 2-5 weeks.

Air small packet: Don't order this shipping, ever. Your product will most likely come in damaged.

You could order from amazon.co.jp itself and use a shipping proxy Tenso. My friend uses Tenso and she has good experience with them. If you consider the prices for the games from amazon, you will see 4,134 yen (~33.34 dollars) or 5,076 (~40.96 dollars) which is a lot cheaper than other sites when you factor the EMS shipping costs. I read that Tenso could take around 5 days, but maybe even 3 days if you're lucky. It's a bit tedious, but you can consider the prices if you're looking for something cheaper.

Another option is cdjapan. Where the game is 4,700 yen (~37.90) and the EMS shipping is 2,280(?) (~18.38 dollars). It's straightfoward unlike proxies, and shipping might take 2-5 days, I believe.

I'm just throwing options, but the best prices I've seen is amiami, which is unfortunately sold out. :c

EDIT:

If you are able to find any weight information on the game box (I assume it's the generic weight for the box for any game at all), you could use this http://www.tenso.com/en/estimate/which is an estimate of the price on the shipping options.

Good luck.

Edited by siuya.

Currently, the only way to play Jp games on a US console is with the actual cart (and other stuff)

So, I'm curious how long it would take if I already had it ordered. Would it ship before the release date or ON the release date and then take like.. a few week?

Why? i only have 1 Jp 3ds and i wanna play with my gf

Might I recommend just downloading it digitally, you could pre load it, http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54131, and have it day 1, no posting fees.

I ordered awakening (JP) from Play Asia and it took about a fortnight (I live in the Uk).

Edited by Thunder Sage

My apologizes, I thought you were referring to your JP 3ds, I was unaware you could break region lock now.

This is news to me.

@Ghostlander: From what I understand from post, you want to have FE:If Japanese version for your gf's US 3DS? You can't play Japanese version with a US or Asian 3ds. :o

Um. Except you can. I don't know how this is news in the hack community.

http://smealum.net/regionfour/

A fair warning: Regionfour probably doesn't work for every game (IIRC, Majora's Mask doesn't run).

Its predecessor (which this is based on) didn't run FE: Awakening (amongst other games), so I would be very cautious.