Hoshido and Nohr worship different dragons?

Ryo

Didn't the first Famitsu issue say that they both worship the "Divine Ancestral Dragon" (whatever that is)? Why are there a Light Dragon Statue and a Dark Dragon Statue?

Interesting...

Perhaps they worship different interpretations of the Divine Ancestral Dragon?

It could be plural, as in Divine Ancestral Dragon(s).

So they worship the same "type" of dragon, but not necessarily the same dragon.

It would be fun if they did worship the same dragon, but Nohr and Hoshido interpret it differently...

Also, I'm curious if the "ancestral" or "progenitor" in the middle has any significance? I mean, they could've just called it/them a "Divine Dragon" and fans would be happy.

Edited by VincentASM

A major theme in if seems to be duality, particuarly between light/dark. Kamui themselves has armour that is both black and white, and their dragon form is the same.

My guess would be that the 'ancestral dragon' embodies both light and darkness and that Hoshido and Nohr worship the light/dark aspects respectively.

Edited by EJ107

When the Kingdoms were one, they worshipped the Divine Dragon Kyurem. But once they separated, so did their deity, and from then on Nohr worshipped Zekrom, and Hoshido worshipped Reshiram.

Pretty much what I thought lol

And I wonder if the dark dragon means the evil one and the light dragon means the good one, like similar to Grima and Naga but then again, it will make Nohr seems like an evil country...

Wait, are Naga and Grima in the lore of this FE world? They're not, right?

EDIT: grammatical mistake.

Edited by LoboKD001

Wait, are Naga and Grima in the lore of this FE world? They're not, right?

So far, they aren't. Although we don't know the name of those (that?) dragons yet. I doubt the dark one would be Grima, but there's a chance they could go with Naga again for the light one.

Edited by NeonZ

Oh and also, is it possible for the light dragon to look somewhat similar to Kamui when he/she transforms into a dragon? Kamui is a member of the Hoshido royal family after all...

Perhaps it's like in a certain Nintendo game where a dragon was split into a light one and a dark one. Perhaps that split (to reference yet another Nintendo game) led to conflicts between Hoshido and Nohr.

neutral path confirmed for worshiping icy, blue dragon