Who Else is Importing FE if?

So I was one of the lucky few who was up at 3 am the other day and randomly went to play asia and saw that they had opened preorders for the FE if special edition and I jumped the gun on it.

so I was wondering who else is going to be importing too.

and I paid $120, was that a good deal?

P.S I don't even know a lick of Japanese

I wanted to import but that's not happening XD

$120 seems pricey.. although its worth it for Fire Emblem purposes.

Edited by antonio616

do you have a japanese 3ds?

If I had one I think i wouldn't be able to control myself and would end up importing it as well...

No wait, I'd just buy it digitally <_>

Does that mean that you don't have a japanese 3ds? You do know that the 3ds is region locked and you won't be able to play a japanese fire emblem if on a American/European 3DS, right?

Edited by Nobody

That's... really not worth it. For $120, I mean.

What Soul said is very true. You won't understand what they're saying, and you'll prbably be paying more for it anyway. That and it's coming out in the West anyway.

Edited by Draco

The only games I import are fighting games since those obviously don't require much need for actually knowing the language once you memorize the menus.

The most economic option is to use a credit card, go to the eShop in a Japanese 3DS and download the game. That way you can cut out a lot of shipping fees.

...But you have already paid for it, so =_=

Edited by Ryo

$120 for just the game? You got scalped bro. I hope you at least have the right 3DS for it.

I have a Japanese 3DS so I might download or buy it. On one hand, my Japanese isn't good enough to understand all the text. On the other hand, it's Fire Emblem. Oh, what to do...

PlayAsia tends to have pricey shipping and even the item itself.

How much was the original item + shipping?

let's just say the shipping wasn't cheap but overall it's no where near as expensive as what the scalpers are selling it for on ebay

The most economic option is to use a credit card, go to the eShop in a Japanese 3DS and download the game. That way you can cut out a lot of shipping fees.

...But you have already paid for it, so =_=

I prefer physical copies

do you have a japanese 3ds?

If I had one I think i wouldn't be able to control myself and would end up importing it as well...

No wait, I'd just buy it digitally <_>

Does that mean that you don't have a japanese 3ds? You do know that the 3ds is region locked and you won't be able to play a japanese fire emblem if on a American/European 3DS, right?

I'm getting one in a few weeks

$120 for just the game? You got scalped bro. I hope you at least have the right 3DS for it.

I have a Japanese 3DS so I might download or buy it. On one hand, my Japanese isn't good enough to understand all the text. On the other hand, it's Fire Emblem. Oh, what to do...

have you looked on ebay pal?

let's just say the shipping wasn't cheap but overall it's no where near as expensive as what the scalpers are selling it for on ebay

So I'm guessing that $120 was for the copy itself while you paid for shipping, which is around 12-20 dollars.

Most sites I've seen sold it for $160, even on reliable sites. So I'm guessing you're lucky there.

The important thing is, do you have a Japanese 3DS to play?

I've considered importing a physical copy, but I couldn't stand the thought of having to wait for another week after the release date for it to arrive. So I ended up just buying/pre-loading the download version.

With that said: whether $120 is a good deal or not depends entirely on how much value you attach to owning a limited edition. It's a rather steep price if you compare it to the actual price on the box (which is about $80), but with supply being as limited as it is, it's becoming a bit of a collector's item.

Edited by Icy Toast

I don't have a JP 3DS (yet), but yes, I pre-ordered it on play-asia along with Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution.

$190 was the total.

I'll be spending another $190 on a New Nintendo 3DS LL.

Fml.

I need to find a not-too-pricey Marth amiibo ASAP.

Someone didn't look at the Amazon markup prices for the Special Edition within the first 8 hours of the April 2nd/1st Direct.

Special Edition includes the third DLC path as well.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Someone didn't look at the Amazon markup prices for the Special Edition within the first 8 hours of the April 2nd/1st Direct.

Special Edition includes the third DLC path as well.

I'm not doubting the asking price, I'm questioning people's willingness to pay that much.

Im currently in the process of ordering a Jp 3DS, along with the Nohr version of the game. Im grabbing a Jp Prepaid card to get the Hoshido path too. My Japanese isn't fantastic (Katakana, Hiragana, Conversational stuff), but it's never stopped me from playing Japanese games before. Ive beaten SRWJ, Tales of Graces F, and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 with no problem.

And, honestly, Ill just read someone else's description of the story when it releases, if there are things I don't understand. Im more in this for the characters and the extras.

When it comes to North America, Ill pick up the Hoshido version, just to laugh at the fact I would have Nohr in Japanese and Hoshido in English.

I too am in the "Play-Asia Limited Edition" crowd. Waiting the extra week for it to get here will be rough, but I like my special editions. I have no problem with the price.

(Though I also bought a Japanese New 3DS LL rather than just using the small standard 3DS I used for Awakening, so I may not be the best reference on what is a worthwhile purchase.)