Who Else is Importing FE if?

And, honestly, Ill just read someone else's description of the story when it releases, if there are things I don't understand. Im more in this for the characters and the extras.

I usually go along with someones Walkthrough (who knows good Japanese) to understand the game since my Japanese sucks..

(in these situations it is quite helpful x.x )

(I will be watching a lot of walkthroughs/vids when IF releases... I shouldn't but oh whale.)

Edited by antonio616

I am getting a JP 3ds this month then next month I'm going to download all 3 routes. And i'd say u got a fair deal. Scalpers on Amazon are selling it for $250

I had been planning on getting a Japanese 3DS for a while in order to play a handful of Japanese exclusive games I got. (Blasted region locking... It prevented me playing the Japanese versions of the Pokemon games this generation. Wouldn't Nintendo rather have me buying the same game 4 times over as opposed to 2?...) Since I had a few coupons for Playasia, I decided to look at 3DS there and decided to order the Fire Emblem one. I was under the assumption that it would come with a code for the digital version of the game, but have heard it doesn't... A 3DS that's a hundred extra bucks for just a couple of special plates... really?... In that case I guess I'll just be buying it off the Japanese Eshop as soon as it arrives. I think I'll start with the white kingdom in the first play and buy the other after I get everything in that one down.

I'm still fairly new to the Japanese language. Japanese Pokemon games have the option for all kana (no kanji) which I always select. Does Fire Emblem tend to offer that? If not, I'll definitely be relying on translations quite a bit (even with all kana I likely would lol).

I too am in the "Play-Asia Limited Edition" crowd. Waiting the extra week for it to get here will be rough, but I like my special editions. I have no problem with the price.

(Though I also bought a Japanese New 3DS LL rather than just using the small standard 3DS I used for Awakening, so I may not be the best reference on what is a worthwhile purchase.)

Just wondering on your playasia order page does it say "soon" or "pre"?

I want to download the game and throw it on my Gateway, but I can read all of 3 Japanese characters and understand 0 words. So, I guess I'm waiting for the localized version.

I want to download the game and throw it on my Gateway

I hate this attitude.

Seriously. Piracy even for early access is never cool in my book.

And before anyone says anything about me having a Gateway, I have never once, downloaded a ROM for that. I ripped my own and mess around with the files as well as for the save game utilities and EmuNAND.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If someone get me a jpn 3ds I definitely would but rip I'm poor

Playing it in Japanese is not a bad option, if i had a JPN 3ds, since I can read kanji, but I only have an NA 3ds so.

I hate this attitude.

Seriously. Piracy even for early access is never cool in my book.

And before anyone says anything about me having a Gateway, I have never once, downloaded a ROM for that. I ripped my own and mess around with the files as well as for the save game utilities and EmuNAND.

I don't pirate either, just sayin'. My Gateway is for backups only, too. (Though I guess I see how my post could be taken as it was - it was intended more as wishful thinking. "Waaah, I want the game now!" essentially.)

As much as I am against piracy, I can't say I agree about the early access part - even if I did pirate the Japanese version, I'd still be buying both Hoshido/Nohr when they come out. *shrug*

Edited by Kikirini

Maybe. I don't have a japanese 3DS but I saw the other day a way to play jap game on eu 3ds. Regionfour with Cubic Ninja, so well, I hope it will work. If it doesn't, it would be a..decoration xD

Question to people who already have imported a japanese 3ds: Do you charge it with the included charger, or does a US/Europe charger work too?

Question to people who already have imported a japanese 3ds: Do you charge it with the included charger, or does a US/Europe charger work too?

US/Europe ones work too : )

Well, if the EU release(I'm putting an estimate of 3 months after US one) is happening later than next year's July (or if no info on the US release date during E3), I'm importing it.

Edited by tuvarkz

Well, pre-ordered both Hoshido and Nohr, seeing as I was too late for the special edition. Oh well, not that it matters much, I just like to have a physical copy of the games I buy. Even though the +4 day wait will be tough, I'll manage. It'll be all worth it in the end. And besides, it's a decent waiting time to look up some information about the game from others who got it digitally, that way I won't be stuck in a Maze of Life seeing as my Japanese isn't the greatest yet.

Edited by TohruAdachi