Costume DLC

dragonlordsd

Costume DLC  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want DLC costumes unrelated to classes? (You don't have to buy them, they just exist(

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How would you want them to be implemented

• Each costume/item can be given to everyone and looks the same on everyone
    • Characters get unique costumes/items
    • Each costume/item can be given to everyone and may look slightly different for each person
    • Class/gender specific costumes/items
  3. 3. Would You Buy Costume DLC items

• Yes
    • No
    • If I really, really like one, then maybe.

I saw this in the topic "About Kamui" and decided to give it its own thread.

Basic questions:

Do you want costume DLC unrelated to classes (in other words, to give characters bridal gowns, you don't have to change them into a "bride" class)?

How do you want them to be implemented?

Edited by dragonlordsd

Can we have a maybe option? Saying yes just feels like I want IS to rip money out of my wallet but saying no sounds like any atheistic DLC is a waste of money. If it's a good deal (no pun intended) then I don't see why not.

Hard to say where I stand on this. I'm open to costuming in DLC chapters such as the scramble packs and what not, and it looks ok in My Castle, but I feel it undermines the tone if used in the main story, and I don't like the idea of stat boosts dependent on costume. Guess that makes me neutral?

Well we already have that creepy scarecrow mask, which I'm definitely going to use, that we can put on Kamui so why not? As long as we can change outfits back to the original again I don't see a problem, plus it'll be the player's choice whether they want a costume change or not so if you want things a little more light hearted, get some of the characters stabbing people in dresses instead :V

On the other hand if they make it really pricey I won't be so interested anymore, I don't mind a little fun but not when the game is trying to eat a hole through my wallet, especially after those eighty dollars I know I'll spend getting all three routes.

We have that accessory feature with visible items that affect stats slightly, so maybe like it gives you a whole set of items they all match, with either good stat boosts or an added effect. That'd be cool wouldn't it?

And Camilla a proper dress

I hope there can be some bonus costumes too. But I can hear the sounds of these words already : "Do you expect anything else but fanservice ?" Not that I mind about fanservice as long as it doesn't go too far anyway.

And Camilla a proper dress

I hope there can be some bonus costumes too. But I can hear the sounds of these words already : "Do you expect anything else but fanservice ?" Not that I mind about fanservice as long as it doesn't go too far anyway.

I'm fairly certain we crossed that line long ago...and some of the characters couldn't possibly get more fan service-y...

...Right?

I don't see why not. If people buy it, it's because they like it so they get a net win, and it means FE is that much more successful which means it will get more games made and with a bigger budget.

I don't see what could go wrong. I don't care all too much, but hey why not.

And I don't think the idea of non-fan-servicey dresses is unlikely. You know why we have fan-service? Because some people like that. Why do they have covered up females? Because some people like that. Non of it has much of anything to do with going for or against the feminist agenda: I think a lot of people are like me and don't give a crap as ing as there's male fan-service to, which there is. I wouldn't be surprised if there was DLC for both non-fan-service and fan-service so that people can pay to customize their experience if they really give a crap.

Edited by MajorMajora

I saw this in the topic "About Kamui" and decided to give it its own thread.

Basic questions:

Do you want costume DLC unrelated to classes (in other words, to give characters bridal gowns, you don't have to change them into a "bride" class)?

How do you want them to be implemented?

There's already an accessory shop in the game, which has 4 categories - ribbons, glasses, gloves and one last icon that resembles shirt/shorts. We saw that the ribbons also included hats and other head accessories, like a tiara, and "glasses" are actually for face accessories in general (a ninja mask and the scarecrow mask). So, I guess there's a chance that the last option might involve outfits that completely replace the class outfit, like the beach outfit for sorcerers in Awakening's beach DLC and the yukata for Swordmasters in the hotsprings one.

In the case of your example, the gown could be a "bow" item and the dress part of those clothing items, if they really change the entire outfit. Anyway, I think extras like those only would be worth buying if the base custom character system is actually fairly good in the first place. If it's very limited, a few extra options won't add much.

^ how do you know the gourd is not part of her class? As she is also wearing different armour and looks like a promoted oni.

why not? They gave examples of accessories that units can where also there's a shirt icon as well. Edited by pkomegapax

I'd think it'd be interesting if they did costumes with the non-Fire Emblem amiibo

If this happened, I'd go to Walmart and buy Peach so I could put her dress on either Camilla or Charlotte. Whichever one rocks it best.

That said, I wouldn't mind having a few costumes to have the characters wear, if they look nice. However, I'd like there to be a balance between serious and silly costumes. I mean, I wouldn't mind dressing someone up as a clown when I'm screwing around but I'd like the option for cool outfits that won't necessarily break immersion if you do a run with it.

I'm fairly certain we crossed that line long ago...and some of the characters couldn't possibly get more fan service-y...

...Right?

They have not been shown naked yet, right ? Oh wait...

I guess I made an understatement here. x)

I don't see why not. If people buy it, it's because they like it so they get a net win, and it means FE is that much more successful which means it will get more games made and with a bigger budget.

I don't see what could go wrong. I don't care all too much, but hey why not.

And I don't think the idea of non-fan-servicey dresses is unlikely. You know why we have fan-service? Because some people like that. Why do they have covered up females? Because some people like that. Non of it has much of anything to do with going for or against the feminist agenda: I think a lot of people are like me and don't give a crap as ing as there's male fan-service to, which there is. I wouldn't be surprised if there was DLC for both non-fan-service and fan-service so that people can pay to customize their experience if they really give a crap.

Of course there will be DLC for both, IS won't go just fanservice At least I hope so. But I think the main problem is not gender-locked fanservice since both genders are fanservice now, but fanservice itself (at least that how I believe people feel about it). As far as I'm concerned, I'm sure that fan service could be DLC-only... Fire emblem is a mediaval game, so what's the problem with men and women wearing correct medieval stuff and keep fan service for DLC ? Anyway, for the same reasons as you, I don't mind it, and I usually don't play the game because of fanservice or no fanservice, but if there could have been proper dresses why not at the beginning of the game but in DLC instead ? Then only I'll call it customization, else it's just forcing people either to get along with fan service or to pay for correct stuff. Again, I have no grudge against fanservice or paying for "correct stuff", and I'll play the game with or without it since I'll probably won't notice it until you point it to me. x)

If this happened, I'd go to Walmart and buy Peach so I could put her dress on either Camilla or Charlotte. Whichever one rocks it best.

put it on marx and ryouma - fulfill the prophecy that is lumi's comic

that being said, on the one hand "I don't really want to be paying money for costumes, I'd rather have something more substantial if I'm forking over $$$" but on the other hand "if it's a choice between having costumes in-game and cool stuff as DLC, or the other way around, I know which I'm picking"

but that's a kind of disingenuous argument

in a vacuum I am OKAY with DLC costumes, as long as they're not that much cooler than stuff you can get in-game

I think a good way to implement it would be to include new costume pieces as part of the third route DLC. It could make the third route seem like more of an expansion to the game and rather than just another route option.

Edited by arvilino

They have not been shown naked yet, right ? Oh wait...

I guess I made an understatement here. x)

Of course there will be DLC for both, IS won't go just fanservice At least I hope so. But I think the main problem is not gender-locked fanservice since both genders are fanservice now, but fanservice itself (at least that how I believe people feel about it). As far as I'm concerned, I'm sure that fan service could be DLC-only... Fire emblem is a mediaval game, so what's the problem with men and women wearing correct medieval stuff and keep fan service for DLC ? Anyway, for the same reasons as you, I don't mind it, and I usually don't play the game because of fanservice or no fanservice, but if there could have been proper dresses why not at the beginning of the game but in DLC instead ? Then only I'll call it customization, else it's just forcing people either to get along with fan service or to pay for correct stuff. Again, I have no grudge against fanservice or paying for "correct stuff", and I'll play the game with or without it since I'll probably won't notice it until you point it to me. x)

The reason is that forcing the fan-service to be DLC only would be unfair to the players who want fan-service. I see no reason why the non-fan-service-preferring players deserve special treatment. And what is with players bringing up realism only with regards to fan-service and nothing else? It's an annoying double standard. FE has never been about realism. We have magic and fox people for crying out loud. In the last game we sent some 20 odd soldiers onto a dragons back, arranged them by who's married to whom, ignored the fact that we have this invisible armed force of thousands of faceless soldiers we never used, and then attacked a magical god/clone of the main character by from ancient legends who repeatedly summons his worshippers to fight you, worshippers who are somehow highly trained enough to be promoted units.

Boob windows mean jack at that point.

I see what you mean. Well, of course IS must try satisfy both kinds of players. I'm just saying that I believe fan service could be optional (what I meant by DLC only) because those who don't like it won't keep it and those who want it may have it. I don't care if there is or not, that doesn't change my opinion of this game, and I understand how you see it... I just don't think you have to attract people with pure fanservice, but rather should make the character original outfit look decent then keep the fanservice an option. (what you meant by customizing I believe).

However I didn't imply that FE should be about about realism... maybe I didn't express myself correctly again... You can wear clothes properly without being realistic or fanservice-y... For exemple, do you think miniskirt existed back then in Middle Age ? Moreover, do you picture a wyvern rider with a miniskirt ? However I'd rather see Camilla wear a miniskirt than the "pants and curtain style". (That's not the only thing that bothers me, but it's such an easy exemple...)

And you know if they made FE real, They'd take Manakete, Dragons, Magic, Potions,Shapeshifters and the Fire Emblem itself away so about more than a half of the game. x)

Again, I respect your opinions since it's justified, and the whole point of my post is the same as yours : It's better to let the people choose whether to have it or not. The only difference is that I think that the character should be decent from the start and it's up to you to do what you want with (so it pleases both sides), and you think they can be whatever the designer want them to look like from the start (but that would pleases fanboys/fangirls while making the others rage, IMO)... Strange that we argue for such a detail since we think most likely the same thing x)

I see what you mean. Well, of course IS must try satisfy both kinds of players. I'm just saying that I believe fan service could be optional (what I meant by DLC only) because those who don't like it won't keep it and those who want it may have it. I don't care if there is or not, that doesn't change my opinion of this game, and I understand how you see it... I just don't think you have to attract people with pure fanservice, but rather should make the character original outfit look decent then keep the fanservice an option. (what you meant by customizing I believe).

However I didn't imply that FE should be about about realism... maybe I didn't express myself correctly again... You can wear clothes properly without being realistic or fanservice-y... For exemple, do you think miniskirt existed back then in Middle Age ? Moreover, do you picture a wyvern rider with a miniskirt ? However I'd rather see Camilla wear a miniskirt than the "pants and curtain style". (That's not the only thing that bothers me, but it's such an easy exemple...)

And you know if they made FE real, They'd take Manakete, Dragons, Magic, Potions,Shapeshifters and the Fire Emblem itself away so about more than a half of the game. x)

Again, I respect your opinions since it's justified, and the whole point of my post is the same as yours : It's better to let the people choose whether to have it or not. The only difference is that I think that the character should be decent from the start and it's up to you to do what you want with (so it pleases both sides), and you think they can be whatever the designer want them to look like from the start (but that would pleases fanboys/fangirls while making the others rage, IMO)... Strange that we argue for such a detail since we think most likely the same thing x)

People can theoretically get non-fan-service costumes through DLC. Your system means that the people who want fan-service have to pay for it while others don't.

And you say that you don't think realism is important and then go through a paragraph talking about how much about how FE should be more realistic and how little things make sense in FE 14's designs. Am I missing something?