Some strange things I noticed...

Ryo

1. Hole on the ground?

Okay, so in this map, there's a staircase at the doorway between the room at the center and the hallway. The staircase can also be seen during the transition:

DrtSiPA.jpg

However, in a recent image on the eShop, instead of the stairs, you can see a hole on the ground at that exact same spot:

cbzC6iR.png

(Image: Shadowofchaos)

Never mind.

2. There's a graveyard inside My Castle?

I noticed some strange things that look suspiciously like gravestones in this scene:

SN2thXN.jpg

They seem to be a part of that building nearby, but I couldn't identify it. They're also facing different directions (you can watch the 9-minute video for clearer view).

Edited by Ryo

I thought in Awakening, fallen units just quit their career. So not the same case in IF?

They may not even be gravestones, but if so. Is the whole location where the image is showing inside the My Castle or just around your castle in general? If not, then it might just be design from another location.

In Awakening, if a character's not either a child-bearing mother (Morgan's other parent doesn't count unless they also have another child) or a plot-important character, death will be their fate in Classic mode.

Edited by Ryo

Those look like gravestones to me. To be honest, that would be a pretty cool (and kinda morbid) touch. You know, having your guys who die get a grave in the Castle. Maybe you can leave flowers there...

They do look like gravestones. Wonder if that's a feature of that particular building or perhaps something that shows up in classic mode.

It's a bit of a morbid touch, but given that we're fighting a war, it does make sense gravestones would pop up in the castle.

Would be really awesome if you could give offerings to the graves and get a stat boost for honoring the fallen.

To me, two of those gravestones look a little like pillars (Mainly, the ones to the right of the image with the small black parts on them). Look to the top of them, they look a little strange to be gravestones. Is there any moving footage of them? That'd probably help discern their identity a little.

If it turns out that they are indeed graves, perhaps they are placed whenever Kamui defeats a sibling of the opposing nation. I think it'd be better than killing them mercilessly, or sparing them. It would still leave a slight feeling of guilt, though the dead have moved on, so it's slightly reassuring, I suppose. Plus, people seem to love the siblings from both nations, it'd be weird to do nothing special if/when we kill them.

Gravestones would be an interesting touch to My Castle, I know that I would like to see it.

Perhaps you could have some for your fallen siblings on the opposite side, as well as any units you happen to lose in classic mode (though that does make me wonder about how they would work in Phoenix/Casual mode)

Hm... I've always had the impression that the stairs lead up and not down, but you're probably right.

Well, if you look at the enemy they're fighting vs the up-down map, Kamui and Kazahana would have to come up the stairs (which means their previous elevation through the door is down) and go left (right hand side in our point of view) where the sorcerer is, which makes perfect sense.

Event tiles :D But It might be there just so the area looks nicer and stuff.

It would be really cool if in a battle you had to fight all the enemies on the bottom floor and go up to defeat the boss.

To me, two of those gravestones look a little like pillars (Mainly, the ones to the right of the image with the small black parts on them). Look to the top of them, they look a little strange to be gravestones. Is there any moving footage of them? That'd probably help discern their identity a little.

You can watch the 9-minute video at around 3:09.