I know the chances of this happening is nonexistent but...

Is an online multiplayer would be possible for this game? Honestly, I think that would be so fun. Just imagine playing 1v1 match online with someone. You guys are fighting to see who is the best tactician.

Stats wouldn't be a problem since I imagine they would be capped at a certain level. I would've had a lot more fun with Awakening if there was online multiplayer.

I could see them having a point system where you can get points for defeating enemy units or structures. The structures are immobile so you'd have to decide where to put your troops to defend them or to focus on attacking the enemy.

Edited by NekoKnight

(Battle type like super smash bros?I meant..)

As in it not being turns, tactics etc like usual battles, just a regular fight between characters like it is in Smash. But I highly doubt there will be online features.. even if there was, probably not in this way. xc

Edited by antonio616

I'd be concerned about wait times. If your opponent took ages to decide and move their units, it might end up pretty boring lol (I'm not sure how long people take to complete a turn on average, but I'm sure there'd be some who take their sweet time).

I remember saying this once. An online where 1 tactician each orders units like chess and ends game when one Tactician falls. Both players basically get the same number of units and they'd be the same classes with same stats and skills but many different kinds for diversity, field completely random generated, items generated and left randomly on field, some mechanics maybe taken out or in. An online like most strategy games would be fantastic at the least.

I'd be concerned about wait times. If your opponent took ages to decide and move their units, it might end up pretty boring lol (I'm not sure how long people take to complete a turn on average, but I'm sure there'd be some who take their sweet time).

If I remember, XCOM did an online multiplayer mode and it had a simple timer that ended your turn when it ran out

You see, I don't trust Intelligent Systems to make an engaging multiplayer unless they neglect the main game. Besides, I might end up hating the audience that would grow from a successful attempt at competitive multiplayer.

Advance Wars and Code Name Steam's online was done pretty well and their single player campaign is pretty meaty.

If I remember, XCOM did an online multiplayer mode and it had a simple timer that ended your turn when it ran out

That's true; something I totally forgot to take into account I guess.

because people aren't gonna restart if they lose a unit during multiplayer.

tho it would be funny to have phoenix mode vs phoenix mode.

Multiplayer is meant to be free. What use is Fire Emblem Multiplayer if you actually used real units from the main campaign that you had a connection with.

My guess is that the only way this happens is if there is another console FE, which FE9 and 10 did badly if memory serves me correctly. So yay sign me up for the I want category for PvP FE.

My guess is that the only way this happens is if there is another console FE, which FE9 and 10 did badly if memory serves me correctly. So yay sign me up for the I want category for PvP FE.

Why? The 3DS can handle Monster Hunter 4G/Ultimate online with 4 players + big monster + environment. It could easily handle the less intensive 1v1, top-down gameplay with some simplistic battle sequences of Fire Emblem.

i'd love to see it return from FE11+12 causs the multiplayer options there were great. just add some more maps,victory condtions etc then it would be an awesome multiplayer mode.