Famitsu 6/11 preview/leaks

Ryo

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know she was the first person I thought after reading about Pieri.

Lately I.S. is making many references to Batman.

Come on people, we already have a joker, a Robin, a Batman and now we have a Harley Quinn... who's the next Batman character to appears?

One complaint about most, if not all of the Units revealed so far, is there any who weren't a member of the army beforehand? One of the good things about Awakening's units is that they all came from different places, only a few like Sumia, Sully & Vaike were in the Shepherds before the events of Awakening. The only ones I can think of the top of my head are Tsukuyomi & the palace workers(Felicia, etc)

It is a good point, but at the same time maybe they don't want to reveal everything. where's the surprise if I.S. reveal all the playable characters?

My bets are on Nightwing or Alfred.

Hmmm, will the generics have personal skills? Also isn't Oboro the the lady that hates Nohr people right? If so how is it that someone with the skill" Nohr hater" recruit generics from Nohr?

I'm pretty sure it said it was Orochi and Zero - Orochi is the purple-haired spellcaster lady

I like the not!Awakening Kids since they are definitely in my top 5 of the kids that I use the most. And Zero and Pieri have pretty cool designs, I just hope Pieri's craziness isn't her being Yandere or anything to similar to that.

Sooo

Not!Inigo's name is apparently comes from the Arabic word (لازورد lāzaward) "Lapis Lazuli" translated into Japanese as ラズワルド. At least according to wikipedia and if my Japanese isn't total crap, so correct me if I'm wrong:

I'm totally calling Lazwald Lapis.

I'm starting to think it is just the kids after awakening, I couldn't imagine Owain dropping his sword for anything. I also don't mind them as long as they have a good reason for being there. I'll even take outrealms as an excuse.

Pieri might be one of my favourite designs so far. It will be fun using Definitely-Not-Inigo-Despite-Similar-Personalities-Looks-And-Name-Etymologies. I suppose the connection between Owain and Odin might be a bit more tenuous.

Alas my complesionist soul does not allow me to do that. Still a fine idea, go on, you have my blessing my son: do what your nation couldn't do.

I don't need to leave them like that permanently; just a few "mistakes" when I'm okay with resetting will be enough.

Anyway, I never did put my two gold in on Pieri.

I'm... not sure what to think of her? Her design just has too much clashing, with multiple hair colors + armor +bonnet... it just doesn't blend well.

I really thought Pieri's pink hair was some hair ornament. But now i can't stop seeing Lissa with dyed and messier hair. Looks awesome to me. XD

That aside, damn.., IMHO this is beyond lazy of IS. Not one, but three characters from Awakening? I really hope they stop at that and don't bring the parents too, even if Hoshido gets no "not!" characters (not everything has to be mirrored on both sides).

To be honest, though, i'd be lying if i said i'm not somewhat happy to see these three faces, cause i really loved these children.

Pieri's really cute! I've had my eye on her since April, and her design and personality both proved to be even better than I'd originally hoped for. Her dual-toned hair is pretty nifty.

Pieri's really cute! I've had my eye on her since April, and her design and personality both proved to be even better than I'd originally hoped for. Her dual-toned hair is pretty nifty.

You know about the blood lust part, right?

It really seems to be a theme with the Nohrian characters; their personality differs from what you'd think judging by their appearance. It's a pervading theme, almost: don't judge a book by its cover. Which makes me really think about Garon and Mikoto.

Meh. My honest opinion? I just wish they didn't include the Awakening children/ ripoff in FE:if. It just feels lazy, even though those children were popular in Awakening according to the poll. I just hope that they're like some sort of 'Easter eggs' in FE:if, but then they shouldn't have been leaked... Oh well.

All in all, pretty dissapointed. I had hoped this would be a stand-alone game, but I get the feeling this game will be linked a lot to FE:Awakening, through fanservice. Perhaps if it is very well explained in-game, it would perhaps make it more fun. We'll see.

I do wonder why Zero and Orochi are the only people being able to capture? They don't look like... the strong types.

This is the weirdest part to me too. Zero would make sense if it was a trait of the thief class. But Orochi? And not ninjas or Tsukuyomi? There must be some info there we haven't gotten yet.

You know about the blood lust part, right?

It really seems to be a theme with the Nohrian characters; their personality differs from what you'd think judging by their appearance. It's a pervading theme, almost: don't judge a book by its cover. Which makes me really think about Garon and Mikoto.

Of course. I'm used to female characters being assigned pacifistic and "weaker" roles, so having tons of girls who aren't afraid -- and welcome the idea -- of getting their hands dirty appeals to me.

I'm not crazy about Pieri's dual toned hair, but I think it might go well with her being a Blood Knight like character. She's like a mix of Lissa (face and hair), Cynthia (her eye) and Noire (an alternate, violent personality, although Pieri's works differently.)

Pieri's skill sounds pretty insane; Free self-rally when killing people hell yeah i'll take it

Her design is....not what i expected, yeah. The armor's definitely a huge step up from FEA. Wish her hair was less big and everywhere, but the duotone is cool.

Imagine if this applies on enemy turns or if Galeforce returns...either way would make her very useful.

This look-a-like thing is starting to bug me a little. I want new characters. I mean, they're degrading Owain's and other Awakening children's uniqueness by doing so. Don't replace them.

I like the characters in a vaccum, but it does feel weird to have expys of them so soon. That being said I like all them in a vacuum.

It would be interesting if instead of merely exaggerating about his "sword hand" like Owain, Odin really couldn't control his power, which he actually has being a mage and all.

I like this idea. What if his critical involves his hand glowing with dark magic while shaking, before unleashing his attack?

It really seems to be a theme with the Nohrian characters; their personality differs from what you'd Which makes me really think about Garon and Mikoto.

May the Norns hear you. I hope there is more to them than the first impressions tell us.

Holy fudgesicle. The more I learn about this game, the more I'm like '....HOW MANY CHARACTERS ARE THERE GOING TO BE IN HERE?!!!' This is crazy. So many people...I can't keep everyone straight anymore. I thought that Tsubaki guy was going to be Inigo, but now there's Lazward who is so obviously Inigo it's unbelievable. Maybe Tsubaki was supposed to be more Virion-like? I mean...I guess if they're going to make two separate paths, they'd have a lot of extra characters...but wow, Nintendo really pulled out some more stops with this one. I'm mad hype, y'all :D :D :D

Pieri's so cute, I hope she has an awesome personality! ^^

I'm getting tired of these Awakening kid look-alikes though. And this is coming from someone that liked Severa and loves Inigo (but is neutral to Owain).

Is anyone going to mention how badass the mercenary design is?

It is badass. Padded armor fits the class perfectly in my opinion, though i'd preffer the shield strapped on the forearm instead of the shoulder.

I wonder how the hero's design will be.

Edited by Lawful Angry