A Kirokan Appreciation Thread

Wildshot

Lol I posted something like this on the other thread but: as a relatively new member of this community, I still appreciate everything Rey and Kirokan have done for us in translating Fire Emblem news. Thank u guys, you're awesome!

Kirokan, I don't know if you hang around here, and I don't know much about you, but considering what everyone else is saying, I think I owe you my gratitude for translations and such. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Severlan

As much as I hate repeating myself I believe this occasion deserves an exception.

So thanks Kirokan for also being one of our blessed providers of comprehendaple information.

This was definitely the worst time to step away from the forums a few days since I got busy with some things. I come back and see a PM about an error in translation, and go to correct that, but then saw a comment left in my profile feed pointing out that this thread is even a thing. xD

So many people saying thank you! It really melts my heart ;____;

I'm just a fan who's been around since FE7 but didn't really bother to sign up until I had something I thought I could contribute. I actually started doing Famitsu scans out of practice and didn't really make an effort to share them anywhere outside of my blog since I don't really have a high amount of self worth. xD So when I finally did because I thought it would be helpful, I am glad it was well received.

I would love to reply to every single individual thank you with a you're welcome, but people would get really bored and intimidated by this wall of text (not like it won't be a wall of text already, though). So here is a mass you're welcome to you all! : )

I'm glad people didn't eat me up for the typos and stuff I sometimes make when gliding over...xD

To address a few, though!:

Thanks man! Keep up the good work! You certainly didn't have to do this for any of us but I'm glad you did. ^_^ Be sure to not bust yourself over getting a translation out though ok? You're far more important than the information you put out, take a break if it's getting you stressed.

Thank you very much for considering my health and well being. It really is (a surprising) amount of stuff to do. : \ Oh how I wish Famitsu used furigana for some kanji...

I actually hadn't heard of him until I saw his blog, then saw the threads about Famitsu a few days after that.

But from little I've seen, I appreciate all the work you do and look forward to more.

I'm not really one for the spotlight, so understandable : ) Thank you, I hope to provide more info going forward.

To Shadowofchaos and Kirokan! Thank you for all your hard work, and may the spoiled brats who nag you one day realize the time and effort you put into helping the community!

xD That would be silly, but I'm content knowing that the information was provided, rather than whether or not I'm remembered later on. : )

Thanks to all the translators for your hard work! We'd be lost without you, bringing joy to so many. A particular thanks to Kirokan for going to extra mile and editing the translations onto articles for easy viewing, an extra bit of work which can often be taken for granted.

Thank you, soooo much ;__; some people (outside of these forums) asked why I "waste" my time adding an extra hour or two for cleaning/typesetting, but I argued that there are some people out there who find it more useful than just reading text next to a Japanese page! xD This was very reassuring. : )

You've done some good work : )

Like towards SoC and the others, I really appreciate your enthusiasm for keeping fans informed with the series.

I mean, it's all too easy to keep information to yourself. Plus in a few weeks, when the game comes out, people will soon forget about the pre-release craze.

That said, more than ever these days, the pre-release phase is a really important part of the community, so you did the right thing.

And here I was worried you'd end up an unsung hero ^^

I actually want to give you a big thank you for being one of the kindest admins/site owners I've met. : ) Your warm, friendly and welcoming attitude made it really easy to be comfortable with sharing this and that and helping out around here. So thank you!

It's definitely easy to keep info to yourself, then again I suppose other people may want to spread the word as quickly as possible. I hope to still provide some translations during the release phase too, but I certainly enjoy pre-release stuff too. xD

Thank you Kirokan! We are so lucky to have people like you who take the time out of your busy life to do this, and quickly too. I'm studying Japanese but I don't know much (haven't full memorized hiragana yet lol). Being able to read it in English makes it so much more hype and easy to share with friends and get them hyped as well. Arigato gozaimasu!

Keep at learning, it will come in handy one day. Perhaps you will be able to contribute in the future too! : ) Feel free to PM and such if you ever need any help in study.

Once again, sorry I stepped away for a few days. Really wasn't expecting something like this for me of all people... xD Thanks everyone!

Edited by Kirokan

Keep at learning, it will come in handy one day. Perhaps you will be able to contribute in the future too! : ) Feel free to PM and such if you ever need any help in study.

Thanks so much sir! I would definitely like to help out in the future, it would make it easier on you guys who do so much already.