How do you plan on using your captured units?

BlueL

I think I'd only make use of the prison in Hoshido. I'd probably do so to get a mercenary on my team if the Hoshido story line doesn't offer one, mainly since that's always been my favorite go-to class. Then I could utilize streetpass to grind it up a bit.

On the Nohr path, though, I think I'd just focus all my experience on my main units. Could probably use the dragon vein points I'd put into the prison on other things too.

I would use them as sacrificial pawns and get my revenge against the AI. Don't you just hate it when they kamikaze on your unit until they're weak enough to be killed by their last unit? Not today... Not ever again. Muwhahahahaha!

It all depends on whether or not they can:

A) Have their names edited.
B) Be reclassed.

Then I'd just make spritual successors of my avatars from Awakening out of them, and maybe use them more than the actual units in-game.

If they can't do either, I'll just use them as fodder if I need some expendable units on a survival/protect chapter, or something.

A) Have their names edited.

If you can do this I'm gonna get a bunch of Knights, rename them to "Imperial Guard" and then give them 5 forged lances which read in order:

STOP

RIGHT

THERE

CRIMINAL

SCUM

What do you guys think about more of these nameless soldiers in general? I'd actually love to see much more of them on your side. As FE is now, it always feels like I have a bunch of super saijins purging their way through enemy lines.

It doesn't feel like a battle if you don't have any casualities... not to mention actually 'armies' fighting.

12 people doesn't feel like an army.

EDIT: Imaging Advance Wars with the commanders as playable hero units... big Tami fan here

Edited by Lee

We don't know how good or bad their stats will be at this point. Even if they can't keep up with the main cast though, I probably will use at least one of them in my main team - with a class exclusive of the opposite faction.

What do you guys think about more of these nameless soldiers in general? I'd actually love to see much more of them on your side. As FE is now, it always feels like I have a bunch of super saijins purging their way through enemy lines.

It doesn't feel like a battle if you don't have any casualities... not to mention actually 'armies' fighting.

EDIT: Imaging Advance Wars with the commanders as playable hero units... big Tami fan here

That could change FE's gameplay in a very different direction though.

I wonder if in a more advanced system they couldn't just incorporate generic units in the background of some battlefields. IF seems to do it in the big split chapter, but they're just standing still in the background, rather than fighting among themselves.

Edited by NeonZ

Depending on how the captured units will work, and how their usability is, I might do a playthrough of using all captured units (with Kamui as the exception of course) just for the lulz of it all.

This is what I will likely end up doing as well. Perhaps a lunatic+ run where I won't feel guilty about losing some people. Idk fire emblem with generic units appeals to me for some reason.

Gather an army of nameless healers to keep the actual fighting units up and ready for war! And if the generics can be named then I'll have an army of Steve's

If you can do this I'm gonna get a bunch of Knights, rename them to "Imperial Guard" and then give them 5 forged lances which read in order:

STOP

RIGHT

THERE

CRIMINAL

SCUM

YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW, PAY KAMUI THE FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE, YOU'RE FORGED WEAPONS ARE FORFEIT.

I believe the captured units are just generic enemy units, so I probably won't bother with them unless I decide to play Lunatic classic or something lol. Then I can use them to protect my units.

I've considered this as well but I feel like I'd rather just use a non-generic unit who can actually gain experience and support points. Although if we have one of those chapters like Chapter 21 in FE6 where you can just bring a crazy amount of units I'd totally bring some units as meat shields.

I would use them as sacrificial pawns and get my revenge against the AI. Don't you just hate it when they kamikaze on your unit until they're weak enough to be killed by their last unit? Not today... Not ever again. Muwhahahahaha!

I love this post.

I actually like the idea. Maybe not for a whole game, but maybe there could be a gaiden chapter or two where you got to bring like 20-50 generic soldiers to fight against a large opposing army of say 50+ units. The generic enemy units could be slightly weaker but they'd also be accompanied by a dozen or so mini-bosses who are designed to be taken on by you're regular (i.e., non-generic) units.

Of course it would need to be on a much, much larger map...

And as for "12 people doesn't feel like an army" and feel like super sayians, I've always looked at the player units as the equivalent to a special strike force that handles the toughest units while the generic soldiers fight more mundane battles elsewhere and maintain the peace of an area after you leave.

Cannon fodder. I'm going to send generic units and Hinata to meet their doom so I can focus on more important things like playing around with Dragon's Vein and making up fun names for Odin.