Kamui's Hair Colors are Grating

Vitezen

Some of the colors showcased in the trailer, such as the deep fluorescent red and purple, really looked off. They clash with the soft color scheme of the art style in general, and I'm just wondering why they even gave players the option. Even Awakening, with its variety of hair colors, still had them fit the general color scheme.

I usually think that unnatural colors are unattractive on characters except for blue anyways.

There are a few exceptions for green (Tiki) and purple (Camilla), but there aren't any exceptions for red imo.

Red always looks bad.

My avatar will probably have brown hair since reddish-brown is my natural color.

I think there's an old shot showing that they doubled the amount of hair colors, so I guess the softer colors will be there too. They're just showcasing these since they stand out and are new.

Edited by NeonZ

I agree, it's kinda jarring, but it's not a choice I'll be complaining about.

I don't think a single male Kamui we've seen looks good; he always looks constipated and his hair is just silly, so why not just go all out with bright, pink hair?

Bright green hair is better. :p

As a character artist, I can't understand why they give you such a limited palette for hair colors. Seriously, IS, what are you doing? Take some lessons from freedom wars, that's how you do hair colors.

Well we haven't seen all of them so I don't think that it's fair to call it limited just yet.

I don't think a single male Kamui we've seen looks good; he always looks constipated and his hair is just silly, so why not just go all out with bright, pink hair?

I feel the same way. Even though I prefer male self-insert characters, I'm leaning towards using female Kamui just because of his face. His hair isn't great but it doesn't bother me. Although I'm not sure it fits that look on his face....

As a character artist, I can't understand why they give you such a limited palette for hair colors. Seriously, IS, what are you doing? Take some lessons from freedom wars, that's how you do hair colors.

How does freedom wars do it?

I actually like the male Kamui. He doesn't look constipated to me, just serious and thoughtful. Female Kamui on the other hand...there's something about her design I don't like. Don't know if its her eyes or face, but she looks strange.

Because if you have the possibility to put a fox tail on your character's butt, so you can make his hairs technocolor.

Edited by ENS

Because if you have the possibility to put a fox tail on your character's butt, so you can make his hairs technocolor.

Now I just want to see how terrible a kamui I can make.

My god a weeaboo kamui who jumps to join hoshido because how kawaaai desu ne

Edited by Eveangaline