Fire Emblem FATES!

DualMix

Overall, I like Aqua, Garon, Sakura, Elise, Camilla, Marx, and especially Ryouma's voices. I'm mixed on Takumi's. If he's Ben Diskin like some people have speculated, then I'm all for it, 'cause I like his work, but the line from the trailer was... Idunno. Just not what I expected, I guess. I'm sure it'll grow on me. I'm neutral on Leon's voice. Sounds pretty ordinary to me. Neither here nor there. Hinoka was... meh. Just meh. I'll need more than just a single line of battle dialogue, but first impression is meh. I don't like M!Kamui's voice. I'm hoping for more.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't have a problem with the dubbed voices. It sounds DIFFERENT after hearing the Japanese over and over again, but not bad. The only thing that was weird was Aqua's singing, and I'm already getting used to it.

This. After a couple of re-watches, it's fine. The only thing I'd like to add to that is M!Kamui's voice (I really hope that isn't the default one...).

But of course, the weeaboos are gonna' hate. It's way to soon to form any solid opinions on the dubbing; we've still got more than half a year to go. They could have easily just whistled a up a few people for the trailer, and what we heard is *gasp* not final!

Edited by Leon of Nohr

It's happy to know the game is going on localization even though hasn't release in Japan yet . Maybe Nintendo has to do it because without FE , zelda , mario ,.... Nintendo will be done . But for some reasons , I was not excited as watching Bethesda or Sony conferences . Nintendo doesn't know how to make E3 .

Yeah, you're right there, they should really exchange VAs, either Leon and Marx or Ryouma and Marx.

On a side note, they put every sibling's voice in the trailer except Camilla's, how could they forget her? This is gonna haunt me for the rest of the week!

I would like Lura Bailey to voice Camilla's english voice as long as she using her FMB Lust voice.

Anyone else burst out laughing at Garon's "YOU ARE MY CHILD NOW!!11" ? It was just so ridiculously hammy..

Yea it was creepy and amusing at the same time to me as well.

look at 0:56 into the video. is it me or does that look like elise's death scene?

It's possible but we really don't have enough evidence to say. I think some people are letting their wishful thinking (that is, wanting to be able to kill their siblings or watch them die) lead them to conclusions about that scene.

They could have had the voice actors do some sort of temporary/placeholder lines that were used only for the trailer. They may use different takes in the actual game.

That's a good point. The actual voices weren't bad, but they did feel like they were lacking emotion for some characters.

Great trailer. English voice overs sound phenomenal and exceeded my expectations and I'm fond of the name makes sense but is better than having If at the end of the title in my humble opinion.

I... really like the English voices EXCEPT for Kamui.

Like all of them fit.

Garon.

Mikoto.

Ryoma.

Marx/Xander.

Sakura.

Elise.

Leon/Leo.

But then "We will not surrender" from Male Kamui just came out of nowhere and made me CRINGE.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Like all of them fit.

Garon.

Mikoto.

Ryoma.

Marx/Xander.

Sakura.

Elise.

Leon/Leo.

But then "We will not surrender" from Male Kamui just came out of nowhere and made me CRINGE.

Noticed you left out Hinoka. Is that on purpose?

Personally I've gotten used to them all, even Kamui's. Still, Hinoka's voice is.... okay. That's being generous. It's just so neutral. I mean, it's slowly growing on me but very slowly.

Like all of them fit.

Garon.

Mikoto.

Ryoma.

Marx/Xander.

Sakura.

Elise.

Leon/Leo.

Haha, I actually liked Male Kamui's voice the most. I bet they will give you multiple voice options just like they did with Awakening.

I don't really like the name change, it seems a little uninspired. Something like Fates of the ___ Wars/Kingdoms would've been better. Oh well. I'm hoping the voice acting will be good, Awakening set the bar high. The singing though... No like.

I don't particularly have anything against the name Fates. it fits the 'choosing' theme. but... the logo... looks so bad...... I cringed a bit when I saw it lol

I'm surprised they dubbed Aqua's song. perhaps I shouldn't be, but it was still a nice surprise to hear her singing in English. her dubbed voice sounds heavenly as well. not sure how to feel about everyone else, since we only heard one line each from them (over hysterically loud sound effects) but I DO know I don't like Kamui's voice. Zakki's voice is much nicer for him imo. though I AM kind of bias to the Japanese cast already. Mamoru Miyano, Zakki AND Junichi Suwabe? my favourites all in one place.

Like all of them fit.

Garon.

Mikoto.

Ryoma.

Marx/Xander.

Sakura.

Elise.

Leon/Leo.

Rewatching the trailer, I think I agree with everything here (though Mikoto's sole line being "Ah" both sounds and looks really awkward to me). They might not all be as good as the Japanese voices, but I think they just fine... except for Kamui. Thank goodness they're likely to give us a choice of voices and the option for the original Japanese.

I hope they do more work on the lip-synching, too. Some of these cutscenes look weird.

Other than that... not bad at all. I even like Aqua's singing since, if not as good as Japan's professional performer, it makes me think of the old Lunar games. That's never a bad thing.

I thought that Kazahana's dub voice was pretty good, that was about it. I don't like how "gruffy" Takumi's and some other male characters voices were. But to me, Aqua sounded a bit like Cristina Vee- especially near the beginning of the trailer.

Yeah, the english sub is half-okay, half-narm. The japanese version is just superior.

Except for Kamui's voice, it's bad either way. :p

I don't care if it's FEFates now, I'll still call it FEIf !

Eh, Ganon seems to have some sort of constipation, that or he is sick, or he is possessed.
Yay, I will be able to bath in the blood of little sisters ! :D

Edited by B.Leu

Ok, either I was the only person who did not notice, but the attempt on Kamui's mother is very likely made shortly after the scene she is introduced in the video. Notice how they are in a crowd in both scenes, in some kind of plaza.