Fire Emblem Fates at Nintendo Treehouse at 4:00 PM PDT?

Dronagon

Haha, the first thing I thought about after seeing the name was THAT Xander lol

same here, and same with several other people I talked to

he's just that famous, I guess!

the best part is that in Japan, he's the crown prince of Anya

edit: they said on stream that there'll be more streaming tomorrow - do we know when that will be?

Edited by Euklyd

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nohr's crater fortress looks really cool, but it's a terrifically bad idea from a tactical standpoint. I hope Hoshido wins their campaign by diverting a river into it...

If Aqua can use dragon vein and flood the entire Nohr... omg...

Looking at the Treehouse schedule(you can see it here http://e3.nintendo.com/ by clicking on the calendar on the top of the page) it seems that we already got everything Fire Emblem had to offer for this E3. I might be wrong, though.

Just how many forms does the Ganglari have? We've seen like 5 up until now.

Edited by Soen

Looking at the Treehouse schedule(you can see it here http://e3.nintendo.com/ by clicking on the calendar on the top of the page) it seems that we already got everything Fire Emblem had to offer for this E3. I might be wrong, though.

over 9000!

I don't think there's anything more about Fate from E3 but we do have famistu tomorrow. 10 pages i heard

Nohr's crater fortress looks really cool, but it's a terrifically bad idea from a tactical standpoint. I hope Hoshido wins their campaign by diverting a river into it...

If Aqua can use dragon vein and flood the entire Nohr... omg...

The Nohr royals could probably counter it with their own abilities, though. Still, I agree that it's in a needlessly poor location.

The Nohr royals could probably counter it with their own abilities, though. Still, I agree that it's in a needlessly poor location.

Perhaps Nohr lacks water? Or the water sources come from underground?

Anyway, a certain Baticul had a similar idea, with the logic being that the natural walls of the crater helped to keep invaders out.

Perhaps Nohr lacks water? Or the water sources come from underground?

Anyway, a certain Baticul had a similar idea, with the logic being that the natural walls of the crater helped to keep invaders out.

It's entirely possible that Nohr has no water sources, but even if that's the case, the city's design gives a perfect vantage point for archers and catapults to wreak havoc with almost no chance at rebuttal. Baticul actually has a fairly logical design, and isn't so much in a crater as it is between two mountains. It sits on the beach as well, so Nohr's water problem would be non-existant, and it keeps a fair distance from the mountains to deny attacking archers any reasonable vantage point. In fact, the only real weakness I can see would be an attack from the sea with catapults, but even then it has a very defensible location.

Not to be overly critical of the game, I'm as excited for it as the rest of you, and I love creative and unique designs, but creative designs reach the peak of their potential when combined with practicality.

Edit: Taking a second look at it, Baticul is actually incredibly defenseless against a long-term siege. It's close to a practical design, but if an attacking army simply knocked down the thin entry walkways and positioned its army along the top of the mountain range and sea, they could deny Baticul food and water indefinitely.

Edited by Muchashca

They did talk about magical barriers in the stream, so I imagine they've got some form of protection. Not quite sure how that's going to stop a bunch of catapults from wrecking everything, but I'm sure they've got a plan for that as well.

For those wondering what Felicia's Iron Kunai does, it seems it gives Defense/Resistance -2 for the victim AND negating the weapon boosts for these stats as well.

Here are some examples from the MC battles (supposing that Orochi's magic doesn't deal any debuff):

Cyrus:

[spoiler=No weapon boost]

Before:

s07hOZ0.jpg

After:

pv6RRAT.jpg

Def/Res -2

Tsubaki:

[spoiler=Has weapon boosts]

Before:

nkwEHvs.jpg

After:

yimMcCk.jpg

Def/Res -2, while the Def/Res +1 from his naginata is also negated, leading to a Def/Res -3.

Actually, there's a peculiar case with Kaze receiving Def/Res -3. However, he was also hit by Kamui's Yatogami, so perhaps this sword deals Def/Res -1, and the effects stack:

Before:

BqEZTq8.jpg

After:

lUjnHdo.jpg

Edited by Ryo

If you look at the schedule at the bottom of each day it says "* Additional times to be added"

They schedule things on the fly for Treehouse, notice how Tuesday is full and Wednesday has only 4 games.

Edited by Weebos